Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
His glory will never end and will never reach a zenith because His offspring will continue for ever and ever to call Him God.

Will His grandchildren ignore him? Do you love your heavenly grandparents? Did their glory end?

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Do you think Jesus and His Father and the Holy Spirit don't know all truth? Which one of them is lacking in knowledge?
They are 3 distinct Persons, that is the topic. Not does one lack knowledge.

If They are distinct from each other, how can they be one physically? Impossible.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Whose God is He? What God do you pray to?" It is Him that Jesus told us to pray to.
And what does it matter which of the 3 it is?---There is only One God. According to the bible, the same one that Jesus read. The bible that all first Christians were converted by, the same one that JS calls corrupt and doesn't believe when it says One God. I guess you don't think it is as good as Jesus and the disciples considered it to be either?
Mormons pray to the same God that Jesus prays to. Remember Jesus told us that his God and his Father is our God and our Father (see John 20:17). We are brothers.

'All' first Christians did not have the bible we have today. Even all Christians did not have the same bible we have today until the 4th century.

Jesus read the OT, not the NT, it did not exist before he was resurrected.

JS does believe the bible says 1 God, but he interprets that to be 3 Gods that are so unified in Their salvation of men, that it is as if They are 1 God. That is the only interpretation that fits all the descriptions of God and Jesus in the bible, the whole bible, not just a couple of scriptures that you cherry pick to prove your point.

Remember, JS saw them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Mormons pray to the same God that Jesus prays to. Remember Jesus told us that his God and his Father is our God and our Father (see John 20:17). We are brothers.

'All' first Christians did not have the bible we have today. Even all Christians did not have the same bible we have today until the 4th century.

JS does believe the bible says 1 God, but he interprets that to be 3 Gods that are so unified in Their salvation of men, that it is as if They are 1 God. That is the only interpretation that fits all the descriptions of God and Jesus in the bible, the whole bible, not just a couple of scriptures that you cherry pick to prove your point.

Remember, JS saw them.

Joseph Smith never saw God and if he saw 2 gods he was hallucinating.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No.

Yes. No.
Mormons ignore their supposed "heavenly grandparents" and their supposed "heavenly mother." They pray to a false god who doesn't exist. It's a very sad situation.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

If They are distinct from each other, how can they be one physically? Impossible.

What makes you think that? We ought to believe God rather than trying to make Him one of us.

Your thoughts are not His thoughts.

Revelation 4
11Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Remember, JS saw them.

ALL first Christians had the same scriptures that Jesus and the disciples had---they ALL had the same OT--which was sufficient for salvation. It was through the OT that ALL new Christians were converted by for it is them that spoke of the coming Savior. It is them that Jesus read and talked about, It is them that Paul and the other writers wrote about:

2Ti_3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

It was the OT this referred to for the NT--as you pointed out, hadn't been written yet.
The NT at this point, consisted of just a few letters written to churches. The Dead Sea Scrolls proved that Jesus had the very same scriptures. He saw nothing wrong with those and never needed JS to fill in any blanks, for He didn't feel there were any.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JS does believe the bible says 1 God, but he interprets that to be 3 Gods that are so unified in Their salvation of men, that it is as if They are 1 God.

And this is where you err. "1 God" =/= "as if They are 1 God". JS is no prophet of God if that is his interpretation.

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Remember, JS saw them.

Again, Heavenly Mother is left in the basement out of view and un-included.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Again, not enough information has been revealed to answer this question at this time.

Then how do you know she is not a fourth member of the godhead? Sing with me...

" When I leave this frail existence,
When I lay this mortal by,
Father, Mother, may I meet you
In your royal courts on high?"

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon

Steve, do you not like talking about Christ?

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
And this is where you err. "1 God" =/= "as if They are 1 God". JS is no prophet of God if that is his interpretation.
Here is how They are as if They are 1 God:

Jesus goes to a prohpet in the OT and tells them that there is 1 God and that there is no other God beside him (paraphrasing).

How does that scripture reconcile with Matthew 3:16-17 and Acts 7:56 and Revelation 4. In these scriptures Jesus is seen standing next to God and/or clearly separate from God. IOW how can there just be 1 when these scriptures clearly delineate 2.

Doesn't your own Trinity doctrine teach us that God the Father and Jesus are distinct from each other?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

I'm sorry, we have not been told enough to answer your question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

So if Jesus lacks knowledge, He doesn't know how many Gods there are, right?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Here is how They are as if They are 1 God:

Jesus goes to a prohpet in the OT and tells them that there is 1 God and that there is no other God beside him (paraphrasing).

How does that scripture reconcile with Matthew 3:16-17 and Acts 7:56 and Revelation 4. In these scriptures Jesus is seen standing next to God and/or clearly separate from God. IOW how can there just be 1 when these scriptures clearly delineate 2.

Doesn't your own Trinity doctrine teach us that God the Father and Jesus are distinct from each other?

The doctrine comes from the Bible. God is the ONLY God there is; He is not a man and He is not three men.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
1Ti_3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
1Ti_3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
That is exactly what Mormons believe, thank you.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Steve, do you not like talking about Christ?
Jane, do you not like talking about lds doctrine??

"The doctrine of a Heavenly Mother is a cherished and distinctive belief among Latter-day Saints."
Mother in Heaven

Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0