✟219,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is how They are as if They are 1 God:

Jesus goes to a prohpet in the OT and tells them that there is 1 God and that there is no other God beside him (paraphrasing).

How does that scripture reconcile with Matthew 3:16-17 and Acts 7:56 and Revelation 4. In these scriptures Jesus is seen standing next to God and/or clearly separate from God. IOW how can there just be 1 when these scriptures clearly delineate 2.

Doesn't your own Trinity doctrine teach us that God the Father and Jesus are distinct from each other?
Who said God can't manifest himself in more than 1 location? My God can, can yours?

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The doctrine comes from the Bible. God is the ONLY God there is; He is not a man and He is not three men.
Matthew 3:16-17 and Acts 7:56 and Revelation 4 disagrees with you.

And the problem you have with there is 1 God, is that Jesus is always going to be a man with flesh and bones and spirit. So you are not right when you say God is not a man. God is also 3 distinct Persons too.

You have a lot of scriptures in the bible to twist around to be able to say that God is the ONLY God there is?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Matthew 3:16-17 and Acts 7:56 and Revelation 4 disagrees with you.

And the problem you have with there is 1 God, is that Jesus is always going to be a man with flesh and bones and spirit. So you are not right when you say God is not a man. God is also 3 distinct Persons too.

You have a lot of scriptures in the bible to twist around to be able to say that God is the ONLY God there is?

I don't have a problem with what the Holy Spirit teaches me. The Bible agrees with God. He planned it that way.

• Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Who said God can't manifest himself in more than 1 location? My God can, can yours?
Nobody has said God can't manifest himself in more than 1 location, but I have said He can't manifest Himself in more than 1 location at exactly the same time.

Give me an example in the scriptures where your God is manifesting Himself to 2 prophets in 2 different locations, at exactly the same time? That would be interesting to read.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I don't have a problem with what the Holy Spirit teaches me. The Bible agrees with God. He planned it that way.
I am glad, but if the HS taught you that God is not a man, then someone besides the HS taught you that.

We know that because the bible tells us that Jesus is a resurrected man of perfect flesh and bone and spirit. (Luke 24:36-43)

If you read this scripture you will see that Jesus, after his resurrection looks like a man, and has flesh and bone and spirit like a man. He lets his apostles feel his hands and feet and he even eats fish with them.

So this is not controversial or what JS said, this is what the bible says, which is by the HS. Jesus is in the form of a man now.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nobody has said God can't manifest himself in more than 1 location, but I have said He can't manifest Himself in more than 1 location at exactly the same time.
And that is why you worship a different god.
Give me an example in the scriptures where your God is manifesting Himself to 2 prophets in 2 different locations, at exactly the same time? That would be interesting to read.

‘Am I a God near at hand,' says the Lord, ‘and not a God afar off? Can anyone hide himself in secret places, so I shall not see him?' . . . ‘do I not fill heaven and earth?' says the Lord? (Jeremiah 23:23,24).

Know therefore today, and take it to your heart, that the Lord, he is God in heaven above and on the earth below; there is no other (Deuteronomy 4:39).

When we heard it, our hearts melted and no courage remained in any man any longer because of you; for the Lord your God, he is God in heaven above and on earth beneath (Joshua 2:11).

The eyes of the Lord are in every place, watching the evil and the good (Proverbs 15:3).

There is no where that God is not. You think of him as a man, an exalted man, with all the physical limitations of a man. God is everywhere!

• Winner
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
And that is why you worship a different god.
No, my God is not different from your God, but we do assign him different qualities.

For instance, you say there is no where God is not. But you failed to find a scripture that states that God is speaking to 2 prophets or groups at 2 different locations at exactly the same time.

Therefore if scripture does not have such an example, then I am thinking that although God is everywhere it would be in a metaphorical way, and is as I say, God's power and influence and light permeates every inch of space, but His person can only be in 1 place at a time.

You need to prove me wrong with the example that I gave you above.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I am glad, but if the HS taught you that God is not a man, then someone besides the HS taught you that.

We know that because the bible tells us that Jesus is a resurrected man of perfect flesh and bone and spirit. (Luke 24:36-43)

If you read this scripture you will see that Jesus, after his resurrection looks like a man, and has flesh and bone and spirit like a man. He lets his apostles feel his hands and feet and he even eats fish with them.

So this is not controversial or what JS said, this is what the bible says, which is by the HS. Jesus is in the form of a man now.

Jesus is and ALWAYS was fully God. He did not obtain Godhood because there never existed a time when He was not God.

Isaiah 43
10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 44
8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Isaiah 45
5 I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Then you cannot say that the Father and the Son are made of the same substance. IOW you do not believe in the Trinity doctrine.

You are soooo wrong. What I do not believe in is that God the Father was ever human---He never became God--He is God. Jesus and Him were the same prior to His incarnation. He became human and retains His humanity--we will become like Jesus glorified body--but never attain to His innate divinity. Just said this in another thread. There is God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Ghost and they are one God---not my job to figure out how any of that is possible---all things are possible with God. There is only one God, there will never be another--they are 1, Jesus retains His humanity and His divinity---we can never attain to the divinity of Jesus, only to His humanity. JS was wrong---totally and completely. Don't be a part of his falsehoods.

• Agree
Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is and ALWAYS was fully God. He did not obtain Godhood because there never existed a time when He was not God.

Isaiah 43
10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 44
8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Isaiah 45
5 I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
You are avoiding my post. The discussion is not whether Jesus is fully God or if he has always been fully God.

The question is: You said Jesus was not a man. I said the bible differs from what you are saying. Jesus is God in the form of a resurrected man, with a body of flesh and bone and spirit.

Do you believe this or not? If you don't because the HS told you he is not, then you are being told things but not of the HS. Because in this case the bible clearly tells us that he is.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You are avoiding my post. The discussion is not whether Jesus is fully God or if he has always been fully God.

The question is: You said Jesus was not a man. I said the bible differs from what you are saying. Jesus is God in the form of a resurrected man, with a body of flesh and bone and spirit.

Do you believe this or not? If you don't because the HS told you he is not, then you are being told things but not of the HS. Because in this case the bible clearly tells us that he is.

Jesus is a unique entity in His own right---He is fully God, He is fully human---if you believe otherwise because the Holy Spirit told you different--then you are not listening to the Holy Spirit but the JS spirit.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You are soooo wrong. What I do not believe in is that God the Father was ever human---He never became God--He is God. Jesus and Him were the same prior to His incarnation. He became human and retains His humanity--we will become like Jesus glorified body--but never attain to His innate divinity. Just said this in another thread. There is God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Ghost and they are one God---not my job to figure out how any of that is possible---all things are possible with God. There is only one God, there will never be another--they are 1, Jesus retains His humanity and His divinity---we can never attain to the divinity of Jesus, only to His humanity. JS was wrong---totally and completely. Don't be a part of his falsehoods.
If God the Father and Jesus Christ are made of the same substance, then all that you have said is not true. They are and so you come to your own conclusion.

It is not JS, it is the the Trinity doctrine and the bible. God the Father cannot be pure spirit and Jesus His son be flesh and bone and spirit. Think about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is a unique entity in His own right---He is fully God, He is fully human---if you believe otherwise because the Holy Spirit told you different--then you are not listening to the Holy Spirit but the JS spirit.
But I believe Jesus is fully God, so I am OK according to the bible and the HS.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

The question is: You said Jesus was not a man.

Jesus is fully God and fully man. Is that not true? I believe it because God's word says it is true. I had to look that up. The Father has no physical body.

I said the bible differs from what you are saying. Jesus is God in the form of a resurrected man, with a body of flesh and bone and spirit.

I answered your question. Please answer mine.

If the Father is a god, and the Son is a god, and the Holy Ghost is a god, and there is a goddess mother, then what is God saying in Isa.43:10, 44:8, and 45:5?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Oh--oops--I am not Phoebe Anne! I'm always forgetting to see to whom a message is being sent to!

No problem! I decided to search the Bible for an accurate answer. My God is omniscient; I'm not.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
But I believe Jesus is fully God, so I am OK according to the bible and the HS.

But you do not believe that God was never human. You still believe that Jesus was flesh and bone before the incarnation---so NOOOOOOOO---you are not Ok with the bible and the Holy Spirit---believing in a half truth is not truth, it is half a lie.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
But you do not believe that God was never human. You still believe that Jesus was flesh and bone before the incarnation---so NOOOOOOOO---you are not Ok with the bible and the Holy Spirit---believing in a half truth is not truth, it is half a lie.

No, Mormons don't teach that Jesus had flesh and bones before He grew in Mary's womb.

Upvote 0