In the past
✟16,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
As my user name states I am a old Soul. I have tried almost all the major streaming services such as Spotify, Amazon Music Unlimited, YouTube Music and Apple Music as well as Disney plus and Discovery plus. I tried out these services as free trials. I wanted to see if they were better then the tried and true cd and dvd yet they did not meet my standards so I did not continue these services.
Instead, I choose to to go cd and only.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
As my user name states I am a old Soul. I have tried almost all the major streaming services such as Spotify, Amazon Music Unlimited, YouTube Music and Apple Music as well as Disney plus and Discovery plus. I tried out these services as free trials. I wanted to see if they were better then the tried and true cd and dvd yet they did not meet my standards so I did not continue these services.
Instead, I choose to to go cd and only.
I wouldn't pay to stream music unless it was a need for a business, I would rather put up with commercials or listen to my music collection that I've ripped from CDs I own.

Reactions: Old Soul life
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I have a portable CD player which is rechargeable and has Bluetooth. I don't really need a mp3 player because of my CD player.
I have a portable CD player that plays MP3 files on CD/CDRW and used it a lot as I could put about 3-4 albums on it in high quality. A portable MP3 bluetooth player with a bluetooth portable speaker is the bomb IMO. I have about 8700 songs on my phone and stream it via bluetooth to headphones, speakers, a stereo system I adapted and my car stereo. Not all my songs are worth listening to but about 3000 or so are. I quit using my portable CD player long ago. I had 2 of them, one with an FM tuner the other (I kept) has a corded remote on it and runs a super long time off a 1AA battery. The nice thing about using my phone is I can in a pinch access any song/album on it and when I'm out and about I sometimes stumble across music CDs and need to be sure I already have the songs on the CDs I find so as to not buy them twice.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
If I had a working Laptop I would do that as well.
If you do get access to one, look into 2 programs to rip and manage files, EAC (Exact Audio Copy) and MP3tag. You may also need to get a codec too. There is a learning curve but I use these programs and I've been able to rip songs even on damaged CDs that won't play properly in a player the MP3 file sounds perfect.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I recently got back into CD's after a long time testing out other forms of music.
CDs IMO are the best music investment as they are small, robust, easy to handle, long lasting, repairable to an extent and often cheaper to purchase than digital music plus you can resell them or will them to someone. Digital copies are perishable and rely on the good faith of the company who sells them to you in the first place.
I do wish however one day they would sell digital copies on SD cards for dirt cheap. A 1GB SD card can easily hold a whole album and if it were read only you could then insert it into a reader and download it. Storage of the cards would be the main advantage as CDs and CD cases take up a lot of room to store.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Some people think CDs are making a comeback like Vinyl and Cassettes people like hard media they can show off their collection on a shelf while you can't show off a bunch of digital downloads without showing folks a computer screen or a phone app.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I enjoy CD's and also DVD's. I dislike cable I really like baseball and listen to the games on radio.
I cut the cord 20 years ago and haven't looked back. Since I pay for the internet for my computer, might as well connect to my smart TV and also my phone and use free streaming services. I liked cable when I didn't have to pay for it (living at home) but having to pay $80 or whatever a month for a bunch of channels that I don't want to get a half dozen that have something on it worth watching till after 10pm when most go to infomercials I did better watching OTA TV as they had channels that had content 24/7.
I've become a fan of free on demand streaming as it allows me to watch a movie that I don't want to pay for a DVD copy not knowing if I will like it or not as there are a lot of dud movies. I've watched some series streaming that I tried to watch on TV once and couldn't get through the multiple seasons with scheduling and even with a DVR they would change broadcast times or have a bad storm cancel the program totally.

I listen to some talk show on the radio at times as I can do work while doing so.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Really enjoy my CD clock radio makes me feel old school.
I play newly purchased CDs on a blu-ray player hooked to my surround sound system or in my vehicle as it has a CD/USB/Radio/bluetooth player

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
My computer uses more power than my TV does not including the monitor and a microwave oven uses over 10x that of a TV these days and your fridge uses 5-10 times as much. LED TVs don't use a huge amount of power if you have don't have a high end one.

Upvote 0