West of Nowhere
✟2,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Celibate
As my username suggests that I live a simple life. I saw previously on this site that another user said they uses DVDs and CD's only. I am in the same boat as they are, in fact I find it quite refreshing to not have any streaming devices or services at the moment. I find that DVDs and CD's are old school but they are my favorite way to consume music, documentaries and movies. I am also considering removing wifi from my home in the future.

• Winner
Reactions: DragonFox91

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I subscribe to several services and created my own cable plan. It was a godsend during the shutdown. I watched operas, theater, crafting and cooking classes, documentaries, college level programs, fitness, and entertainment too. I can access them on the go and I'm never bored.

I'm a slow living adherent and I love Roku. It simplifies my life and puts everything at arms reach. We control the information coming into our home. It's wholesome and edifying. That's what matters most to God.

~bella

Upvote 0

I AM CONTENT

Aug 31, 2021
Somewhere
✟4,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi, @My Simple Life. I am currently posting on LTE, meaning there is no WiFi, I prefer to go without it in my life. I find I too am old school. I am also thinking of getting rid of my email as well. I find that DVD and CD are the best forum of entertainment in my life at time even they seem to not be the norm anymore.

Upvote 0
May 19, 2022
Nowhere
✟2,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I have tried all of them which means Apple TV, Amazon fire TV and Roku yet I'm always going back to offline media such as CDs and DVD. Feeling old school is a good thing for me. I have the sense that streaming music and movies it's not my form of entertainment. And people may feel I'm old-fashioned by doing this but I like it and it is best for me in this time.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟196,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I can't say I have paid streaming in my life, unless YouTube Red counts. I mostly use said subscription so I can try music on my iPad without ads and so I can listen to music while the app is closed.

I also have an old car that doesn't have a USB port, so I still buy CDs.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟212,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I listen to YouTube all day at work.
I get DVDs from the library to watch movies/shows. I like a wide variety of things & feel your options are often limited on the streaming platforms.
Also have cable. (yeah, it's expensive, but I'm single so who cares, that's what I want to spend my $$$ on)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟286,318.00
Faith
Christian
I wonder when Streaming will be considered Old School. :scratch:

Taking a break from the internet can be very refreshing. It can get very toxic.

It's not without a laborious sigh and a roll of the eyes I say this, but the next natural progression is to follow through on the physical form, and actually meet, shake hands and talk to one another in some sort of cyber-lounge, or Matrix-esque android room.

That said, everything goes in seasons. And I think we're long overdue a "techno-plateau" so that we can allow for growth in other areas. We've given the internet enough attention now. Put more into space travel or something.

Yeah. I think I'd rather go ice skating on Europa, or abseil Olympus Mons than plug into The Matrix. That's sooo 1999.

• Agree
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

VMaeLove

Selbst ist die Frau
Jul 30, 2019
Saxony-Anhalt
✟124,235.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not without a laborious sigh and a roll of the eyes I say this, but the next natural progression is to follow through on the physical form, and actually meet, shake hands and talk to one another in some sort of cyber-lounge, or Matrix-esque android room.

That said, everything goes in seasons. And I think we're long overdue a "techno-plateau" so that we can allow for growth in other areas. We've given the internet enough attention now. Put more into space travel or something.

Yeah. I think I'd rather go ice skating on Europa, or abseil Olympus Mons than plug into The Matrix. That's sooo 1999.

It is a long conversation of how Earth can spend time and work and money better.

But I say that on a internet forum.

So Ice Skate on Europa? Plug me in!

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Our viewing habits have changed. We watch lifestyle and educational content on YouTube and a minister we enjoy. I got rid of Netflix. But my mother likes it so she pays for it now with Spotify. I never watch Prime and we’re setting aside Hulu and the streamlined service too.

We’ve decreased our time online and shy away from social media. Delving into crypto brought a lot of things to the forefront that encouraged us to redirect our attention elsewhere.

In some respects we’re turning back the clock and learning or resuming old practices to lessen dependency and technological intrusions. We’ve unplugged a lot and forgone upgrades.

We’re not off-grid now but that’s the direction we’re heading with as much self-sufficiency as possible.

Upvote 0
May 19, 2022
Nowhere
✟2,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I still use the internet for education and research for the subjects I am interested in at the moment yet rarely use it for entertainment purposes. I have another means of ways to get offline entertainment such as cd, dvd and yes, even old school radio.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Without WiFi, how would you use the internet?

I’ll always have access because of my work. But the Internet is changing. It won’t be the information hub we’ve grown accustomed to. They intend to make it real. As in this is your life and all your interactions occur in this realm. That’s the goal behind the metaverse.

You have an avatar, attend virtual events, meetings, and activities too. Gaming will be huge and the target demographic is millennials and Gen Z.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Personally, I love streaming. I don't really have any desire to have physical media anymore. Be it music, movies/tv shows or videogames. If we're talking about the ability to also download.

Streaming videogames is not that fun though... lol.

Upvote 0