London
✟79,983.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So what capacity do we have to independently verify this James Webb telescope, this JWT? Broadcast vision? Can we do a bit better than that please?

For instance, last time someone asked for the Apollo 11 validation, they were told 'We destroyed the tech, lost the telemetry and accidentally taped over the footage.' Don't know about you, but I find that less than inspiring of confidence in what you'd have to say is a fairly bold claim.

James Web Telescope is as valid as Hubble. Hubble has changed the way cosmologists see the universe. All round the world in every astronomy department the research and pictures has had an affect. It is not a bold claim to suggest these things are real, it is a ludicrous and absurd notion to suggest this world accept reality is made up. It is like saying seeing the moon through binoculars is an illusion created by aliens who create images in our heads while looking through the binoculars. If anyones world view means they have to do this, they have a serious delusion or need to believe in the absurd.

The research about the speed with which stars rotate around the centre of the milky way galaxy is mind blowing. The images we can see through these instruments does not mean the interpretations are correct, but they are discovering something new and asks us to question what is real and what is not.
For instance the thwaites glacier and its slow breaking up will affect all our lives, possible world history.
To be able to say 30 years or 5 years matters. And part of this measurement is satellites going round the poles taking pictures, which is only possible with a round earth. I find these issues critical because they affect me and my children and their futures.

• Winner
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟257,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So what capacity do we have to independently verify this James Webb telescope, this JWT? Broadcast vision? Can we do a bit better than that please?

For instance, last time someone asked for the Apollo 11 validation, they were told 'We destroyed the tech, lost the telemetry and accidentally taped over the footage.' Don't know about you, but I find that less than inspiring of confidence in what you'd have to say is a fairly bold claim.

They have this little make believe webpage, that probably 1000's to 100's of thousands of people are watching. All watching, believing this is actually true.

Where Is Webb? NASA/Webb

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They have this little make believe webpage, that probably 1000's to 100's of thousands of people are watching. All watching, believing this is actually true. Where Is Webb? NASA/Webb

There are people on the ground who watched the launch. 1000's of people.

• Agree
Reactions: LightLoveHope
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You have an effervescent personality JB.

I might add, ball earth theory just doesn't hold water.

All planets are ball shaped. Most moons are also.

Upvote 0

jamiec

Aug 2, 2020
Scotland
✟44,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
  • Bierocks
  • Grebble.
  • Lefse.
  • Loose meat sandwich.
  • Sour cream and raisin pie.
And possibly, for The Wizard of Oz, which (I think) begins in Kansas.

"Kansas" is also known for not rhyming with "Arkansas".

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟571,448.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
As I have said before, we see too far.

The earth may not be flat but explain this video and the evidence it shows in plain site. I'm surprised that it is still available. YouTube mods must have missed it.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟251,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
The earth may not be flat but explain this video and the evidence it shows in plain site.

What would be the point in explaining it, since you'd simply reject the optics science? It's like... explaining why the moon looks bigger when it's on the horizon. Speaking of which, do you think the moon gets bigger and smaller as it passes over the sky?

But seriously, it's kinda silly for you to ask for explanations, considering you don't accept any explanations from science, and consider all scientific evidence to be fake.

• Winner
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,029,101.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
What would be the point in explaining it, since you'd simply reject the optics science? It's like... explaining why the moon looks bigger when it's on the horizon. Speaking of which, do you think the moon gets bigger and smaller as it passes over the sky?

But seriously, it's kinda silly for you to ask for explanations, considering you don't accept any explanations from science, and consider all scientific evidence to be fake.

Agreed...

Upvote 0

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,983.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
They have this little make believe webpage, that probably 1000's to 100's of thousands of people are watching. All watching, believing this is actually true.

Where Is Webb? NASA/Webb
As one of the people interest in James Webb I know this is not make believe.
The telescope is a massive risk and very complicated to set up.
The dark side has to operate at -233C while the sun side at 90C.

It is looking at infra red spectrum which is very narrow and needs space to make this possible.
The engineering is mind blowing and so interesting. How you design 5 layers of sun shade to keep the heat away from the telescope, very neat.

The orbit at L2 is also something totally new to me. I learnt today the telescope is fixed in its orientation to reduce the points of failure and need for motors to move it around.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,029,101.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

It is looking at infra red spectrum which is very narrow and needs space to make this possible.
The engineering is mind blowing and so interesting. How you design 5 layers of sun shade to keep the heat away from the telescope, very neat.

The orbit at L2 is also something totally new to me. I learnt today the telescope is fixed in its orientation to reduce the points of failure and need for motors to move it around.

Its an amazing piece of technology.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I might add, ball earth theory just doesn't hold water.

Our moon and the other planets are ball shaped.
Most of them rotate to show their shape.
As does the sun.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟257,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Well enjoy this make believe world while you can cause once it is over, it will be over for good. All christian globe earth believers will have to get use to God's true creation.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,029,101.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Well enjoy this make believe world while you can cause once it is over, it will be over for good. All christian globe earth believers will have to get use to God's true creation.

Thing is, Christian globe earth believers do believe in God's true creation of a 'globe' earth my friend!

• Agree
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟257,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
As I have said before, we see too far.

The earth may not be flat but explain this video and the evidence it shows in plain site. I'm surprised that it is still available. YouTube mods must have missed it.

Microwaves don't go far enough. If the earth was flat, you would not see microwave dishes all over the place. Microwaves simply head off into outer space because they travel perfectly straight.

Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,983.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Ok. This proposition assumes that everything is being made up, while God's creation is a flat earth.
I 100% agree that we have to respond to what our senses tell us is true and real, or else we get very hurt and damaged. As a young child you soon learn the stairs looks very steep and you can fall down them even if you may think they are not there.

So because I am a weaker brother than yourself, please can you show me how I am going to discover the world is flat, when everything I know and experience tells me otherwise?

Unfortunately though I will see through other peoples eyes, if they are delusional, I have no choice but to conclude they are just delusional. Unfortunately delusions have a way of becoming more and more extreme, because nothing can stop them running away. God bless you

Upvote 0