• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Abortion Recovery Room

sewmuddy

Feb 7, 2006
Washington State
✟15,229.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Ladies,

I haven't been on in a very long time, a little over a year I think, I did a little backsliding or more like avoiding the God issues with my husband that I didn't know how to handle so I just stayed away from church and other Christians to ease some tension. I am still struggling to find a way back to fellowship. I have an "excuse" for it right now in that I am going through some serious medical issues. About 5 months ago I started having severe stomach pains.... went to the ER and my big stomach I attributed to getting fat like from a pregnancy was from the hormones of my abortion turned out to be a huge (a little bigger than a loaf of bread only rounded) cyst on my left ovary, which they thought may be cancerous. In all the time I had before my surgery (they cannot diagnosis ovarian cancer without surgery) I looked up links on abortion and ovarian cancer links (they are not related), and now post-op (starting week 2 of 6-8 week recovery) I am cancer free and have endometriosis (another thing not linked to abortion, but I looked). I find myself looking for some sort of punishment for my abortion, some real world consequences. I am just really struggling. I remember how encouraging you all are and was hoping to find some encouragement and ideas how I can release this to the Lord, something I still cant do no matter how much I want to.

Oh on a positive note, if you read back or can some how amazingly remember that one of the things I struggled with was my mom not knowing about my abortion. I told her, she took it very well and has been very encouraging and sorry I had to go through it alone for so long, we haven't talked about it much but I feel better that she knows now.

thanks for letting me disappear for a year and the come back a spill my guts (I know you didn't really have a choice huh)

Sewmuddy

Reactions: sunshineray
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟447,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
thanks for letting me disappear for a year and the come back a spill my guts (I know you didn't really have a choice huh)

Sewmuddy

This is a great place, and one of the 'safer places' here on foru.ms, to come and 'spill one's guts'. I think many of us here share, or have shared, many of the same concerns, and so that kind of connects us on a 'heart' level.

I wasn't here when you were here before, but 'welcome back'! :hug:

And so, how are you feeling these days? Seems you've been going thru a very trying time of physical pain. I'm sorry to hear of this but 'Praise God' for the 'cancer free' report!
:clap:

It's probably too soon yet for you to be 'feeling well' ... recovery can take time ... but 'hang in there'. You've been given the hope of recovery, and of 'feeling good' again, soon!

I was unequally yoked for many years. I was not a Christian when we got married, but many things brought me to my knees, and to the Lord, 4 years into our marriage. I went into 'marriage' with alot of 'baggage' that I hadn't dealt with (ie., abortion). And so, even marriage could not 'fix' me. It wasn't long before I came to see that I needed the Lord, and not just a husband. :blush:

It can be a real challenge to walk the 'unequally yoked' journey ... and can feel very lonely at times ... but it can also bring one very 'close' to the Lord ... and so, it can also be a journey of many, many blessings.

In my times of loneliness, I learned to go to the Lord for what I needed ... and He was always there for me. God is no respecter of persons (Acts 10:34) ... and so, you can know that He's there for you, too!

God bless!
nuvu

p.s.
Please keep us posted on how you're doing!
There aren't sometimes many of us here, but I try to make it a point to stop by to see who's 'dropped in'! :)

p.s.s.
That's wonderful news about your Mom!
Praise the Lord ... again!
:)

Upvote 0
W

woman.at.the.well

Hi Ladies,

I haven't been on in a very long time, a little over a year I think, I did a little backsliding or more like avoiding the God issues with my husband that I didn't know how to handle so I just stayed away from church and other Christians to ease some tension. I am still struggling to find a way back to fellowship. I have an "excuse" for it right now in that I am going through some serious medical issues. About 5 months ago I started having severe stomach pains.... went to the ER and my big stomach I attributed to getting fat like from a pregnancy was from the hormones of my abortion turned out to be a huge (a little bigger than a loaf of bread only rounded) cyst on my left ovary, which they thought may be cancerous. In all the time I had before my surgery (they cannot diagnosis ovarian cancer without surgery) I looked up links on abortion and ovarian cancer links (they are not related), and now post-op (starting week 2 of 6-8 week recovery) I am cancer free and have endometriosis (another thing not linked to abortion, but I looked). I find myself looking for some sort of punishment for my abortion, some real world consequences. I am just really struggling. I remember how encouraging you all are and was hoping to find some encouragement and ideas how I can release this to the Lord, something I still cant do no matter how much I want to.

Oh on a positive note, if you read back or can some how amazingly remember that one of the things I struggled with was my mom not knowing about my abortion. I told her, she took it very well and has been very encouraging and sorry I had to go through it alone for so long, we haven't talked about it much but I feel better that she knows now.

Sewmuddy

Sewmuddy! It is so good to see you! :hug: Welcome back you have been missed. I'm sorry to hear you've been going through so much but I'm so glad you decided to come by and share this burden with us. That is exactly why we are here and I feel priviledged to share in your struggles and triumphs!

That is wonderful news that you were able to share with your mom and that she took it better than you had originally thought she would.

As for the process of healing-nuvu2 is right on with what she said. There is no allotted time to heal in. That's different for everyone.

The only way I can think of right now for us to help you with this "letting go" thing is to stop, drop, and pray for you. So girls . . . let's do it!

Dear Heavenly Father:

I just humbly come before You right now and ask You to come along side our sister Sewmuddy. I ask You to help her release these feelings and thoughts about the abortion and the things that are in the past. We ask You to surround her with encouraging people both on the internet and in her world personally.

Lead her and guide her in the way You would have her go about her healing. You know what she needs before we ask. We trust You to give it her and that You take this from her.

In Jesus Name Amen!

It really is good to have you back Sewmuddy!

This is a great place, and one of the 'safer places' here on foru.ms, to come and 'spill one's guts'. I think many of us here share, or have shared, many of the same concerns, and so that kind of connects us on a 'heart' level.

I wasn't here when you were here before, but 'welcome back'! :hug:

And so, how are you feeling these days? Seems you've been going thru a very trying time of physical pain. I'm sorry to hear of this but 'Praise God' for the 'cancer free' report!
:clap:

It's probably too soon yet for you to be 'feeling well' ... recovery can take time ... but 'hang in there'. You've been given the hope of recovery, and of 'feeling good' again, soon!

I was unequally yoked for many years. I was not a Christian when we got married, but many things brought me to my knees, and to the Lord, 4 years into our marriage. I went into 'marriage' with alot of 'baggage' that I hadn't dealt with (ie., abortion). And so, even marriage could not 'fix' me. It wasn't long before I came to see that I needed the Lord, and not just a husband. :blush:

It can be a real challenge to walk the 'unequally yoked' journey ... and can feel very lonely at times ... but it can also bring one very 'close' to the Lord ... and so, it can also be a journey of many, many blessings.

In my times of loneliness, I learned to go to the Lord for what I needed ... and He was always there for me. God is no respecter of persons (Acts 10:34) ... and so, you can know that He's there for you, too!

God bless!
nuvu

p.s.
Please keep us posted on how you're doing!
There aren't sometimes many of us here, but I try to make it a point to stop by to see who's 'dropped in'! :)

p.s.s.
That's wonderful news about your Mom!
Praise the Lord ... again!
:)

God bless you nuvu2! :hug:

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟447,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Dear Heavenly Father:

I just humbly come before You right now and ask You to come along side our sister Sewmuddy. I ask You to help her release these feelings and thoughts about the abortion and the things that are in the past. We ask You to surround her with encouraging people both on the internet and in her world personally.

Lead her and guide her in the way You would have her go about her healing. You know what she needs before we ask. We trust You to give it her and that You take this from her.

In Jesus Name Amen!

Amen. :amen:

Upvote 0

ladyhawk

Hawky To My Friends
Apr 21, 2005
Outback Aust.
✟5,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Dear Heavenly Father:

In Jesus Name Amen!

It really is good to have you back Sewmuddy!

Praise Jesus and Amen.

It is great to have you back (no matter the reasons)

You are in my prayers and hope you get better soon and you can find it in your heart to reach out to Jesus and give your pain to Him.

Anyway enough of my rambling and soap boxing chatter

We r all good in the land down under and hope you r all well and this finds you in good spirits.

Luv to you all
Hawky
xxx

Upvote 0
W

woman.at.the.well

Praise Jesus and Amen.

It is great to have you back (no matter the reasons)

You are in my prayers and hope you get better soon and you can find it in your heart to reach out to Jesus and give your pain to Him.

Anyway enough of my rambling and soap boxing chatter

We r all good in the land down under and hope you r all well and this finds you in good spirits.

Luv to you all
Hawky
xxx

hi hawky! :hug: how are you and your family doing? It's good to see you back on again!

Upvote 0

ladyhawk

Hawky To My Friends
Apr 21, 2005
Outback Aust.
✟5,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Well hello everybody .... ithas been so long since I was on last and I am feeling a lil guilty ... sorry all.

My father-in-law died suddenly at his hm on the first of october and it has been a nightmare for the family as his mother and his sisters wanted to cremate him and he didn't want that, so we had to fight to have him buried but all is well now he buried next to my son where is a good place for him as he loved the kids and he loved this town were we are.

I have been busy as always as my eldest son was staying with us while my parents visited my grandparents cos nanna had to go into hospital to have an op, but all is well she is back hm now and my mum is back and my dad is coming back soon, he decided to stay and catch up on friends and other family in Perth before coming hm and mum isn't well and missed her own house so that is why she came hm before dad.

ok I have rambled enough about my family ... lol

How is everyone all good I hope and yes ur rite Pep No news is good news........ ok ok I know in my case, this time, it is a lil bit of bad news but nothing that we as a family couldn't get through and heal from.

I have some good news that I now have to share with you all I am pregnant again, which is a big surprise as I didn't think I would so quickly after Jenahs birth, cos of my health afterwards. My husband was the one that told my mum and al she said was " Whoopie" lol and he was a lil shocked as I was and then he spoke to his mum and had to agree with her that is meant to be and we said a prayer together which was nice for him to do that with his mum as it has been awhile. I am finding out how far I am in 2 days and how many, as I have now been pregnant with twins twice now. I am not too sure how as it is not in my family tree ...... anyway have gone off on a tangent so mI will go now and zI will let u know what is happening in a few days.

WATW how r the grandkids and when is the new one due again .... I know I'm hopeless remembering dates unless I write them down these days.

Love too you all ..... may Jesus bring you happiness and fill you His love. Amen.

Hawky
xxx

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
W

woman.at.the.well

Just sayin' hi. More later.

You know what they say . . . no news is good news.

Or something like that.

:amen: to that sister! That is the truth! Glad to see things are ok!

Well hello everybody .... ithas been so long since I was on last and I am feeling a lil guilty ... sorry all.

My father-in-law died suddenly at his hm on the first of october and it has been a nightmare for the family as his mother and his sisters wanted to cremate him and he didn't want that, so we had to fight to have him buried but all is well now he buried next to my son where is a good place for him as he loved the kids and he loved this town were we are.

I have been busy as always as my eldest son was staying with us while my parents visited my grandparents cos nanna had to go into hospital to have an op, but all is well she is back hm now and my mum is back and my dad is coming back soon, he decided to stay and catch up on friends and other family in Perth before coming hm and mum isn't well and missed her own house so that is why she came hm before dad.

How is everyone all good I hope and yes ur rite Pep No news is good news........ ok ok I know in my case, this time, it is a lil bit of bad news but nothing that we as a family couldn't get through and heal from.

I have some good news that I now have to share with you all I am pregnant again, which is a big surprise as I didn't think I would so quickly after Jenahs birth, cos of my health afterwards. My husband was the one that told my mum and al she said was " Whoopie" lol and he was a lil shocked as I was and then he spoke to his mum and had to agree with her that is meant to be and we said a prayer together which was nice for him to do that with his mum as it has been awhile. I am finding out how far I am in 2 days and how many, as I have now been pregnant with twins twice now. I am not too sure how as it is not in my family tree ...... anyway have gone off on a tangent so mI will go now and zI will let u know what is happening in a few days.

WATW how r the grandkids and when is the new one due again .... I know I'm hopeless remembering dates unless I write them down these days.

Love too you all ..... may Jesus bring you happiness and fill you His love. Amen.

Hawky
xxx

Well helloooooooooo there ladyhawk. Long time no see and hear from you. How FANTASTIC!!! ANother little bundle of joy on their way into the world. I'll second your mum's notion and just say whoppie!

So sorry to hear your family has been through a couple of trials lately. Sounds like you all pulled together and got through it just fine! That's a great family that can do that :) .

Can you believe Miss Victoria will be ONE YEAR OLD on Nov. 7th??? Where HAS the time gone? She is doing VERY well; getting ready to take off walking anyday now. I just can not get enough of her. She is by far the most wonderful blessing of all! The next one will be in the world on Jan. 7th via C-section. Thank you for asking!

So good to hear from you both and see you back on! :hug:

Upvote 0

hope4today

Veteran
May 6, 2005
Perth
✟11,928.00
Faith
Christian

Hawky
xxx

WOW Hawky that was some story to tell. It's so good to 'see' you again. I've missed you :hug:

It's great to hear how you pulled together through your trials and

CONGRATULATIONS on another little tyke on the way!!

Bless you heaps my friend

Hope

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
W

woman.at.the.well

Hiya

Just thought i'd see how you are all doing? I've not on in AGES. Been very busy, moving out, taking charge of my Brownie pack, but its all going well. Feeling a lot happier about things now.

Everyone doing ok?

Mel

:wave: Mel! It's so good to see you back on. I'm so glad you checked back in and let us know how everything is. Good to hear things are on the upswing for you! God bless you! :hug:

Hi there WaW. I've started popping in again to see if there is anyone who needs love and encouraging.

You do a fantastic job here. :hug:

Bless you heaps

Hope

Hi Hope!

Glad you are starting to come back in too! I have to admit I have really dropped the ball with this thread for a bit. But I need to get back on track and keep in better contact and make sure all is well with our group here. God bless you Hope! :hug:

Upvote 0

Pepperoni

(clever saying goes here)
Feb 22, 2006
The Great Lake State
✟18,411.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi there WaW. I've started popping in again to see if there is anyone who needs love and encouraging.
How nice.

I've been doing pretty well lately, after quite a "low." Nothing to do with . . . well, what I'll call "events of the past" but more like marital problems. Things have settled down though, and I'm in a much better frame of mind these days. Things are tolerable, and that's really something to be thankful for!!!

Upvote 0

hope4today

Veteran
May 6, 2005
Perth
✟11,928.00
Faith
Christian
How nice.

I've been doing pretty well lately, after quite a "low." Nothing to do with . . . well, what I'll call "events of the past" but more like marital problems. Things have settled down though, and I'm in a much better frame of mind these days. Things are tolerable, and that's really something to be thankful for!!!

Hi Pepperoni,

I'm glad to hear things are better for you. I pray they will get even better so that things are not just tolerable but will hold real joy for you.

Bless you heaps :prayer: :hug:

Upvote 0