• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Abortion Recovery Room

W

woman.at.the.well

Please tell us if or how you may have been affected by an abortion. We are here to help one another out without judgement or criticism. Please keep in mind, non of us (posters, mods, etc.) are professional counselors but we can be an understanding heart and ear when you need one. Feel free to encourage one another, suggest books, or just list steps you took that may have helped you in your healing journey so we can help others.

Hugs to those who have been hurt by and whose lives have been touched by the practice of abortion.

Reactions: JulianaTheory
W

woman.at.the.well

it's been almost one month since NC and I memorialized our aborted children. But it has, and it has been an awesome journey . . .one I would not turn back and do any differently.

For anyone who is reading this, please know that, although the journey may be long and sometimes hard (and difficult at best) it IS well worth the work and the effort.

I cannot tell you the sense of peace and freedom that I have now. Somehow having acknowledged the fact that Lindsay existed validates the loss and somehow puts it in a right perspective. I've a feeling that alot of it has to do with, "the truth shall set you free." You no longer feel alone and like you have to hide something once you start talking about it publicly. Although one should choose wisely WHO to tell and talk to, the point is to talk. Even if it is here on this CF thread.

I encourage those who have had an abortion or perhaps multiple abortions to find a moment in time to memorialize their babies. It doesn't haven't to be anything fancy or time consuming. Just a short ceremony to acknowledge and remember your children and their lives.

I chose to use most of what was available at the Silent No More website for a ceremony format. Which seems to have disappeared for some reason or I would paste the link for you.

If you have aborted your baby, and don't know the Lord, please take the time to take Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Without the Lord's help, you will be at a loss and empty, and without a good support system.

Just say this pray:

Dear Father:

I know I'm a sinner and that I am in need of a Savior. I know and believe Jesus lived on this earth, that He died on the cross at Calvary for my sins, that He was buried in a tomb, but that He rose again on the 3rd day and was able to conquer sin, sickness/disease and death for me.

I ask Him to come into my heart. I take Him as my Lord and Savior. I ask that You send Your Holy Spirit to be with me and to guide me on my journey from here on out. Lord I am Yours.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

Please pray and talk to God everyday. Take some time to read the bible everyday- it's a wonderful way to get to know God and all His wonderful traits through His living word as well as learn how to be more like Jesus in the New Testament. Get plugged into a good fellowship/church that can help you learn and grow in a loving, non-judgemental environment. And just stick with Him. He will never leave you or forsake you.

Don't give up! Plug away and you won't regret a thing as child of Thee Most High God!

There are also some pretty good resources out there for post abortion women and men who need help.

I've recently read Jennifer O'Neill's "From Fallen to Forgiven," as well as "I'll Hold You In Heaven, by Jack Hayford. And finally I've finished up "A Solitary Sorrow," by Teri Reisser.

You can start there. Then if you have other services available to you where you live to help you in your process, I encourage you to do so.

Just know that you are not alone. That you are loved very much by our Father in heaven and by us and that your dark time will soon turn into light.

In Jesus Name, be blessed!

Love & Hugs,
WATW

Upvote 0
W

woman.at.the.well

From Isaiah 61:1-4

The Year of the LORD's Favor

1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners, 2 to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,

3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.

4 They will rebuild the ancient ruins
and restore the places long devastated;
they will renew the ruined cities
that have been devastated for generations.

Please allow Him to rebuild you, to give you a crown of beauty for ashes. He loves you and wants to help you. Won't you let Him?:hug:

Upvote 0

ladyhawk

Hawky To My Friends
Apr 21, 2005
Outback Aust.
✟5,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You have it always WATW and so do others who see and post here, I know what it is like I have been there myself.
It was one of the hardest decisions that I have ever had to make at the time and then had to live with...... since then there have been a few more that were just as hard if not harder.
Please know that you are not alone and we are here to help, all you have to do is ask for we r all here with open arms and NO judgements......

Hawky
xxxx :hug:

Upvote 0
W

woman.at.the.well

ladyhawk said:
You have it always WATW and so do others who see and post here, I know what it is like I have been there myself.
It was one of the hardest decisions that I have ever had to make at the time and then had to live with...... since then there have been a few more that were just as hard if not harder.
Please know that you are not alone and we are here to help, all you have to do is ask for we r all here with open arms and NO judgements......

Hawky
xxxx :hug:

I appreciate your offer to help on this forum. We need to help others heal as we have been able to!!! Isn't it great how He turns our bad stuff into good stuff??? Praise Him, for He is good!

Amen!

Upvote 0

ladyhawk

Hawky To My Friends
Apr 21, 2005
Outback Aust.
✟5,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Praise be to Jesus, 'cos with out Him, we would not be able to help others, as you said the good stuff that has come from bad stuff has bought us all together as a "family", we have helped each other and hope we can help others as well .......

Thankyou Jesus for all the goodness that I hope will come out of this thread and hope through you and with your guidence we can help as a family ... AMEN

Hawky
xxxx

Upvote 0
W

woman.at.the.well

ladyhawk said:
Praise be to Jesus, 'cos with out Him, we would not be able to help others, as you said the good stuff that has come from bad stuff has bought us all together as a "family", we have helped each other and hope we can help others as well .......

Thankyou Jesus for all the goodness that I hope will come out of this thread and hope through you and with your guidence we can help as a family ... AMEN

Hawky
xxxx

:amen:and :hug:to you! You are the best and an :angel:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
W

woman.at.the.well

We pray for those who have been through an abortion or numerous abortions. We lift them up to You. We ask that You guide them and show them the path to forgiveness and healing. Please let all the women who have had an abortion/abortions know they are loved and will see their little ones in heaven and to be able to rest easy knowing they are with You.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
When I was 18, I had an abortion. I was unmarried and pregnant. The father of the child asked me to marry him, then, after I said yes, he proceded to tell me that unless I had an abortion, he would not marry me. So I did, and we got married. The marriage lasted a year and a half, he beat me, verbally abused me, threatened me, and kept me imprisoned in our house when I was not at work. I left on my 21st birthday.

A month later, God made me His. It took the lowest point in my life to find the goodness of God. :clap:

I know He forgave me right then for that horrible sin. My life changed 180 degrees, and since that moment, I live only for Him. One thing that I think about often is that I could never wish that event away, because without that horrible moment (that led to that horrible marriage), I might never have been saved by God. How could I wish it away?

Had I had the child, he/she would be 30 now.

Upvote 0

SugarMag

Sep 3, 2004
✟260.00
Faith
Catholic
when I was new to CF I posted about abortion, its effects, the terrible sin, etc....I was royally chewed out and even told I lost my salvation.

I knew (or had "met") the lord, didnt live in the lord, and when I found myself in such a situation I was completely mentally shut down. I understood how girls can get pregnant and keep mum until the baby slides out full term in a public restroom - only to be left there. I was that mentally checked out. Totally get that.

The father pressured me beyond belief and in my mentally numb state went along with everything - he made the appt, drove, etc. I had always been pro-choice, but never pondered what I truly thought about it Plus, women "like me" didnt become single mothers or have "accidents". Of course, I learned horribly the truth, what murder it really is. I will never get over it, and have no opportunities to have children.

I contemplated suicide many times from the pain of it, something quite common I later learned, but guess what? No pro-choice group will ever tell you that part. The attitude I always experienced from any group, or any individual woman was "it's no big deal."

Since I knew the truth of the Lord when I did it...it is reasonable to assume I have lost salvation, if I ever had it to begin with. Reading all these threads throughout CF dont exactly make me confident at all in such matters. This is another thing that haunts me...for I cant really be forgiven for such a thing.

I also think I should not have children - always thought this, and have told my baby that I did him quite a favor. I've spent my life wishing I wasn't born and do not wish to inflict my genes onto someone I create and love whole-heartedly. Twisted version on this topic I agree, but it helps me somewhat to know, what a bad life he could have had, but he doesnt have to experience. He also is automatic in heaven. Born to life he might not be so lucky.

Upvote 0
W

woman.at.the.well

Jenda and SugarMag!

Thank you so much for sharing your stories with us. Please know that you are loved, thought about and cared and that no matter what, you are loved (more importantly) by our great and wonderful God.

Not only that, but you can not lose your salvation. If you believe, you believe. No one or nothing can take that from you. That is just a lie satan wants us to believe.

Telling your stories as you did here is the beginning of healing. The truth shall set you free sisters. And you are free in Jesus Christ, in deed!

Praise Him for He is good!

Hugs my sisters in Christ!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nevada77

CHILD OF GOD
Sep 4, 2004
Victoria, B.C
✟9,733.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
CA-NDP
SugarMag said:
when I was new to CF I posted about abortion, its effects, the terrible sin, etc....I was royally chewed out and even told I lost my salvation.

I knew (or had "met") the lord, didnt live in the lord, and when I found myself in such a situation I was completely mentally shut down. I understood how girls can get pregnant and keep mum until the baby slides out full term in a public restroom - only to be left there. I was that mentally checked out. Totally get that.

The father pressured me beyond belief and in my mentally numb state went along with everything - he made the appt, drove, etc. I had always been pro-choice, but never pondered what I truly thought about it Plus, women "like me" didnt become single mothers or have "accidents". Of course, I learned horribly the truth, what murder it really is. I will never get over it, and have no opportunities to have children.

I contemplated suicide many times from the pain of it, something quite common I later learned, but guess what? No pro-choice group will ever tell you that part. The attitude I always experienced from any group, or any individual woman was "it's no big deal."

Since I knew the truth of the Lord when I did it...it is reasonable to assume I have lost salvation, if I ever had it to begin with. Reading all these threads throughout CF dont exactly make me confident at all in such matters. This is another thing that haunts me...for I cant really be forgiven for such a thing.

I also think I should not have children - always thought this, and have told my baby that I did him quite a favor. I've spent my life wishing I wasn't born and do not wish to inflict my genes onto someone I create and love whole-heartedly. Twisted version on this topic I agree, but it helps me somewhat to know, what a bad life he could have had, but he doesnt have to experience. He also is automatic in heaven. Born to life he might not be so lucky.

You are a beautiful and wonderful woman that God created. He gave his one and only son so that you and me could be forgiven for our sins. I understand some of what you are feeling. I too at one time did not believe that I deserved to go on and have children after what I had done. I have yet to have any children but I do not think that I don't deserve too. God will decide what is best for us anyway and we just have to be obedient. Thanks for sharing your story and I hope to see you on here posting again.

Nevada

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
SugarMeg, I am sure you have not lost your salvation. The fact that you are so distraught over it proves that it is something you have repented for. God forgave you, and you need to learn to forgive yourself. That is the one thing that is lacking. Forgiving yourself does not mean forgetting about it, it means learning from the mistake (which I know you have done) and moving on to follow God even closer.

One of the reasons, I believe, that we have these experiences is so that we can grow from them and use them to help others and to give the ultimate glory to God. (OK, that was more than one reason, but they work hand-in-hand with each other. :) )

Please ask God to help you learn to forgive yourself. That is the only way you can move forward.

If you need someone to talk to, I am here. Please PM me. My heart is broken for you. I will keep you in my prayers. :prayer:

Upvote 0

ladyhawk

Hawky To My Friends
Apr 21, 2005
Outback Aust.
✟5,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
SugarMag said:

In writing this you have been forgiven, you have told your story and it is a step to now forgiving yourself. We r here if you want to talk and hope that we will see you post again. Hugs to you sister in Christ....

Upvote 0
W

woman.at.the.well

Amen Nevada, Jenda, and ladyhawk!

You ladies are all so awesome. And I know with all my heart that the Lord loves you and forgives us all of this terrible thing called abortion. Let our mistakes and heartache be used for His glory!

Get the truth out there about abortion. Tell the stories the abortion clinics don't tell. Tell what it's really like after the abortion! Write books! Do whatever it takes to keep one more child from being aborted!

Praise God, He is awesome. He DOES love us and forgive us ladies. Don't let the enemy lie to you and steal your joy in the Lord any longer!

Be victorious in Christ Jesus. He is our Strength, our Healer, and our Redeemer.

Amen!

Upvote 0