Not open for further replies.

Faithful1

Jun 5, 2002
✟338.00
Faith
Christian
raphe said:
Faithful one
A friend of mine contacted the author of the book that made these calculations and he chose not to include the one that gave the year 2004 so he wouldn't be accused of calling the date to closely.
My friend also do alot of research on the stars, especially the Pleiades constellation and the signs that take place in the heavens that mark His return. There is an alignment of stars that is complicated to explain that is to take place next year that hasn't taken place for the last 2500 years.
I have a hard time seeing everything pointing to 2004 as the year for His return, .

Raphe,
My post to you about the year 2004 certainly was not meant to imply Christ's return on that date; (in fact, I would definitely say otherwise).
It was merely the neccessary extension of the figures and scriptures you were using to justify the 688 AD 'Dome of the Rock' date.

**Surely if you are going to use Daniel 12:11 ("And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days") to justify the abomination as occurring in 688 AD, THEN you must account for the NEXT verse that says, " Blessed is he that waiteth and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days".

Thus, since the next 1335 days brings us to 2004, (and if you are correct about 688 AD being the Dome of the Rock fulfillment) then there must be some blessed event to occur on 2004.

Possibly the rebuilding of the Jewish Temple. ? :scratch: :D

Faithful 1

P.S. I have a background in astronomy/physics; however,you'll have to be more specific about Pleiades (or a reference to the alignment) for it to have any meaning.

Upvote 0

Rafael

Only time enough for love
Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2004 is definately a year that we should observe closely, in my opinion. Something will happen, and as you say, it could be another temple or act against the Dome of the Rock.

I don't think that the Lord will return in 2004, but it may not be far off. I definately believe that we (generation starting from 1948) are the generation that shall not pass before all the things Jesus spoke of happening:

Matthew 24:32 ¶ Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Some consider a generation as 40 years which would already be wrong, but three score and ten is the normal generation for the Bible - 70 years.

Upvote 0

RaptureTicketHolder

Selectively Agreeable
Jun 24, 2003
Puget Sound Area
Visit site
✟15,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You guys seem to be forgetting that a bunch of other things must happen before the Abomination of desolation. We are seeing a few birth pains right now, as the past has seen as well, but several other things must happen first, if you read the Bible literally.

PRESENT DAY EVENTS

I. Birth pangs (resurrection to present)

a) Wars, rumors of wars
b) Famines, pestilences, earthquakes
c) Persecution
d) False prophecy, iniquity, hatred
e) Christ's gospel shared EVERYWHERE
f) Israeli Nation restored

FUTURE TO BEHOLD

II. Worldwide Peace Treaty (future)

a) The Great Falling Away (Many Christians loose faith)
a) ONE leader emerges (anti-Christ)
b) ONE worldwide rule takes over
III. 7 yr Tribulation Begins with Treaty

a) Jewish Temple rebuild begins
b) OT Temple animal sacrifices begin
c) 7 Seal Judgments begin

1. Conquering Power (white horse)
2. Worldwide War (red horse)
3. Worldwide Famine (black horse)
4. Death-1/4 World (pale horse)
5. Heavens martyrs seek revenge

d) New Jewish temple defiled

1. Unholy Temple use by Anti-Christ (the Abomination of Desolation)

Date setting is indeed a terrible thing to do and the author mentioned here used good judgement in that aspect, but with the other numbers Im not so sure.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟793,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
raphe said:
Some consider a generation as 40 years which would already be wrong,

Wrong? Really? What sayeth scripture?

Matthew 1:17 So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations, from David until the captivity in Babylon are fourteen generations, and from the captivity in Babylon until the Christ are fourteen generations.

In this genealogical table, we have data to estimate the length of a generation. It tells us that from the captivity in Babylon until Christ are fourteen generations. Now the date of the captivity, in the reign of Zedekiah, is 586 BC. From 586 BC until the birth of Christ would be about 586 years which, divided by fourteen, makes the average length of a biblical generation about 41 years.

Hebrews 3:8-10 Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, In the day of trial in the wilderness, 9 Where your fathers tested Me, tried Me, And saw My works forty years. 10 Therefore I was angry with that generation, And said, 'They always go astray in their heart, And they have not known My ways.'

Numbers 32:13 "So the Lord's anger was aroused against Israel, and He made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until all the generation that had done evil in the sight of the LORD was gone.

but three score and ten is the normal generation for the Bible - 70 years.

As you can see, your claim of 70 years does not line up at all with the scriptures above, but I am curious as to the scriptures you claim teach that a biblical generation is 70 years. You didn't cite any.

Upvote 0

Rafael

Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, that is why many predicted 1988 as an important year which passed. I was aware of of the forty being a standard, but I was thinking on the terms of those livng of that generation and that they were promised three score and ten or four score by reason of strength.
Right or wrong is not my intention here, (just to be right) I want to learn and consider what the scriptures say along with the times we are now experiencing. I am only sharing and can be corrected without having my feelings hurt. Indeed, I am eager to learn.

Upvote 0

Faithful1

Jun 5, 2002
✟338.00
Faith
Christian
I think we need to go to the root word here as to what is meant by "generation". It really does not refer to a length of time but rather it means "offspring". It is a word from which we get "genetics", meaning from the lineage of.

Remember, "Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah,.Shem, Ham, and japheth, and to them were sons born...
The sons of japheth were ..." Blah, blah.... Gen.10

In this context I think Jesus may simply be saying that the 'offspring' of the fig tree (Israel) will not be destroyed but Israel will CONTINUE until all is fulfilled, that is, it will continue until HE RETURNS!

Faithful 1

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
I think the abomination of desolation is the rise of the acceptance of abortion.

Abomination means, "A destestable thing or activity."

Desolation means, "to be barren or without life."

Abortion is a detestable practice that causes barreness--it is the violent, murderous removal of a baby from the womb afterall!

What is a bigger abomination of desolation than abortion??!

Upvote 0

Rafael

Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's a good point Faithful1, and I was reading some more calculations here that put the building date of the Dome of the Rock as 706AD which would be a mid-week date. That would move 2004 up to 2011, and make 2004 the start of a seven year period. Hmm....

Upvote 0

Faithful1

Jun 5, 2002
✟338.00
Faith
Christian
raphe said:
That's a good point Faithful1, and I was reading some more calculations here that put the building date of the Dome of the Rock as 706AD which would be a mid-week date. That would move 2004 up to 2011, and make 2004 the start of a seven year period. Hmm....

What!? :mad: Make up your mind raphe..You mean you're trying to push my 2004 to 2011! :cry:

No fair! :mad: Besides we can't have prophecy on the slidding scale, changing dates every time you get new historical info. :sigh: Either the temple gets built in 2004 or I'm not ordering the concrete! :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rafael

Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one knows the exact date, and surely don't put faith in me and what I'm attempting to share in a good spirit. The date for the building of the Dome of the Rock could be anything from 685 to 706AD as it took twenty years to build. If you haven't kinown that I believe these dates may be approximate, I'll say it again, now. Sorry about the concrete. You may not necessarily want to be hidden away. :)

Upvote 0

Prophecy Countdown

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
✟887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
Who is it that sits on the Temple site and how long for?
John was taken in vision to the future Jerusalem Temple of God which at the time of Revelation being written did not exist in 90 to 95AD.

The Temple of God stood and must stand again, at the sides of the North, “the Temple of God” to be measured in Rev 11:1.
The now destroyed Temple was located off center to the sides of the North.

The translation in the next verse, should read “the place of the daily,” which is within the outer court. The word “SACRIFICE” was added and therefore written in italics.. check your Bibles.

In Daniel 12:11. The time span is given very clearly, as to “how long the vision.” CONCERNING ITS “SET UP” and “THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION.” occuring. Must be within 1290 days. About 3 ½ years.

It is impossible to have the place of the “DAILY” taken away and the “ABOMINATION making it DESOLATE.” Any further apart than 1290 days.
That is what the Bible says below. Check your Bible.

Daniel 12:11. And FROM THE TIME the DAILY shall be TAKEN AWAY, and the ABOMINATION that maketh desolate SET UP, a thousand two hundred and ninety DAYS.

The period is a clear, within 1290 days. About 3 ½ years.

The next point in the next verse is also made very clear, that the outer court, the place of “the daily” be left out, not measured, as it is to be trampled on by the Gentiles for 42 MONTHS.

That is 3 ½ years.

Rev 11:2. But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the GENTILES: and the holy city shall they TREAD UNDER FOOT FORTY TWO MONTHS.

Back to Daniel.
Dan 7:25. And he shall speak words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and THINK TO CHANGE TIMES AND LAWS: and they shall be given into his hand until a TIME and TIMES and the DIVIDING of TIME.

The above states clearly, that when Satan comes to this place, God’s people will be in his hands for 3 ½ years. Time equals one, times equals two, and half a time equals ½.
The lot ads up to 3 ½ years

The Moslems that built the Mosque DID NOT DESTROY THE “TEMPLE OF GOD,” that was done in 70 AD, so they do not fit the bill in the next Verse.

Daniel 9:26.And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and THE PEOPLE OF THE PRINCE that shall come SHALL DESTROY THE CITY and the SANCTUARY; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

To make the time period clear to Daniel one asks the man in linen.
How long before the end of these wonders?

Daniel 12:6. And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?

The following answer is made abundantly clear. 3 ½ years to finish the vision, to when he scatters the holy people.

Daniel 12:7. And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

This certainly did not happen when the mosque was built, because there were NO JEWS in Judea at that time.
They were kicked out by Hadrian (Publius Aelius Hadrianus) (c. AD 76-138), Roman emperor (117-38) after the Bar Cochba uprising.
Bar Cochba (Simeon bar Kosiba, 'Simon son of the star') (d. 135), leader of a Jewish rebellion against Roman rule in 132. He failed to gain general support and was killed with the fall of his stronghold, Betar. His life and military exploits have become legendary.
The Bar Cochba revolt broke out after Hadrian’s visit and plans for rebuilding a Romanized Jerusalem.

The Name Judea was changed to Palestine and those that occupied Palestine were not a “holy people.” Besides the visions of Daniel are for the “time of the end.”

The WHOLE of Daniel’s vision fits into a period of “2300 evening and morning.” 6 and a bit years at the “time of the end.”

Daniel 8: 15. And out of one of them came forth a LITTLE HORN, which WAXED EXCEEDING GREAT, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the PLEASANT land.

“IT waxed great.” “IT,” is a direct reference to Satan.
As far as referring to Satan as “it,” He is referred to as “the little horn.” I have heard people referred to as, “it” or “look at it standing there.” In a derogatory sense.

Daniel 8: 10And IT WAXED GREAT, even to the HOST OF HEAVEN; and IT cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.

It will be the place of the daily that is to be taken away. Nothing to do with the sacrifice, which was added by the translators in Daniel 12:11. That is why it is written in italics. Let me remove them and you can check it out with your Bibles.

Daniel 12: 11. And from the time the daily shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

From taking the daily away to the abomination making it desolate is within 1290 days.

Daniel 8: 11Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the DAILY WAS TAKEN AWAY, and the PLACE OF HIS SANCTUARY was cast down.

“IT” is used to describe the “host” meaning, “man of the house, Master of ceremonies” and he is described as “it.”

Daniel 8: 12And an HOST was given against the daily by reason of transgression, and IT cast down the TRUTH to the ground; and IT practised, and prospered.

The next question makes it clear as to how long this vision concerning the “daily,” the “transgression of desolation,” the “sanctuary to be trodden under foot,” and “the host to be trodden under foot” by the very answer in Daniel 8: 14.

The question. How long?

Daniel 8: 13Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain which spake, How long the vision the daily, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

The answer, “2300 days.”

Daniel 8: 14And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

How clear is that?
Not only is the answer clear but we are told that the sanctuary is to be cleansed.

I don’t have to get into complicated mathematical multiplication to work it out!
It is right there in front of me, that’s what the Bible says. 2300 days.

Daniel 8: 15And it came to pass, when I, even I Daniel, had seen the vision, and sought for the meaning, then, behold, there stood before me as the appearance of a man.

The angel calls Daniel, “this,” the word man has been added.

Daniel 8: 16And I heard a man’s voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision.

The angel comes close to Daniel and makes it quite clear that THE VISION is at the “TIME OF THE END.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Prophecy Countdown

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
✟887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
Daniel 8: 17So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at THE TIME OF THE END shall be the VISION.

So, if the whole vision is to be for 2300 days and it is to be at “the time of the end.”
What on earth are folk doing adding figures from way back from within 700AD? Turning days into years breaking the dire warnings of Revelation 22: 18,19 by adding and taking away words from this Book.

The abomination that sits where he ought not is the “prince,” which is a reference to Satan, “the prince of darkness.”
Satan admits in his own heart. Which God sees through, in all His created beings, that he will do just that.
Sit where he ought not. He even states it to himself.
It doesn’t take Einstein to figure where. On the mount of the congregation at the sides of the North.

Isaiah 14:13.For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I WILL SIT ALSO UPON THE MOUNT OF THE CONGREGATION, in the SIDES OF THE NORTH:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I WILL BE LIKE THE MOST HIGH.

The mount is God’s.
Isaiah 24:23. Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

The mount is where Satan will set up. He says it, to himself, and he will do it to be like God.
The Covenant that the Lord is to make new with the Israelites, (see Hebrews 8:8.) is going to be substituted by Satan, he will try to change the time of the covenant to an earlier timescale.
Masquerading as the Lamb of God, but he is, “the lamb that speaks like a dragon.”
“Seeking to change laws and times.”

This next verse in Daniel, is only for one week, this occurs near the end of the 1290 day period.

Daniel 9:27. And he shall confirm the covenant with many for ONE WEEK: and in the MIDST OF THE WEEK he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

“Sacrifice.” See Leviticus 3: 1 to 13.
A PEACE OFFERING on the tabernacle of the congregation to the Lord.

Satan “FOR ONE WEEK” will confirm a covenant with many. As a result. The sacrifice and the oblation or offering will cease, “IN THE MIDST OF THE WEEK.”

Satan “confirms the covenant with many for one week.”
One week only.
In the middle of the week the two witnesses are going to be killed. And guess how many days after they are raised up?

Answer 3 ½ days, figure it out folks.

Revelation 11:11. And after THREE DAYS AND AN HALF the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and THEY STOOD UPON THEIR FEET; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. 12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither.

It is at trumpet seven when, at the last trump the dead in Christ shall rise.
Before I finish let me just show you this.

Math 24:3. And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, WHEN SHALL THESE THINGS BE? and what shall be the SIGN OF THY COMING, and of the END OF THE WORLD?

Matt 24: 15. WHEN YE therefore shall SEE THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)

Knowing Daniel was for the “TIME OF THE END.”
And Jesus referred to the “abomination of desolation,” spoken of in Daniel that was to last “1290 DAYS” ONLY.” as being a “SIGN OF HIS COMING and of the ”END OF THE WORLD,” and in the next verse we are told that the vision was for no longer than 2300 days.

Daniel 8:14 says the vision is for “2300 evening and morning.”
That’s it folks, 6 and a bit years. The signs of His coming are but for a short time.
I find it puzzling how folk can start complicated mathematical scenarios that just contradict what the Bible says.

1. The two witnesses are in Jerusalem for 1260 days about 3 ½ years.
2. They are there whilst Jerusalem is trampled, 42 months 3 ½ years.
3. God’s people are in the wilderness 1260 days, about 3 ½ years.
4. Satan sets up then has 1290 days before the abomination causes desolation. About 3 ½ years.
5. God’s people receive a blessing getting through the 1335 days, about 3 ½ years.
6. Daniel is told, it is for “a time, times and a half. 3 ½ years.
7. All this fits into “2300 days period of “the time of the end.”
8. That’s about 6 & a bit years.

One last thing, the destruction of the Temple in 70AD, was not the fulfillment of what Jesus said.

The question.
Matt 24:3. And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? K J V.

The answer.
Matt 24:2. And Jesus said to them, “Do you not SEE ALL THESE THINGS? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

Jesus said “NOT (one) STONE shall be LEFT HERE UPON ANOTHER, that shall not be THROWN DOWN.”
The wailing wall was part of the Temple structure and is still there, stone upon stone. See also, Matt 13:32 and Luke 21:6.

The question was about the signs of His coming and the end of the age, and as we have just studied the Temple of God will be rebuilt.

The destruction of the Temple was a shadow of things to come

We are close because the wall is already being built by the Israelites around Jerusalem now.
Daniel was realising that Jeremiah’s 70 years prophetic writings about the captivity of his people were about to be fulfilled, which Daniel had gleaned by studying and the information of the seventy years of captivity was not given to him in vision.

The angel tells Daniel in the next verses about the VISION and in amongst the explanation of the vision a WALL is mentioned as being built in a troubled period. Check it out.

Daniel 9:25.Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and THE WALL, EVEN IN TROUBLOUS TIMES.

Daniel’s visions, is how long? 2300 days.
You figure out roughly, how close we are to the end. Have you seen the height and length of the wall being built around Jerusalem?
It's food for thought.

Upvote 0

Faithful1

Jun 5, 2002
✟338.00
Faith
Christian
raphe said:
No one knows the exact date, and surely don't put faith in me and what I'm attempting to share in a good spirit. The date for the building of the Dome of the Rock could be anything from 685 to 706AD as it took twenty years to build. If you haven't kinown that I believe these dates may be approximate, I'll say it again, now. Sorry about the concrete. You may not necessarily want to be hidden away. :)

Don't take me so serious, raphe.
I know you weren't being doctrinal in your date setting. :wave: I was only making a joke of it in my post with the :mad: and concrete. :D I thought you would get my humor... :cry:

Upvote 0

Rafael

Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Prophecy countdown,
I ask respectfully, please tell me where you get your formula for days = years, and time, times, and half = 3 1/2 instead of 2 1/2.

Also, I'm interested in why when all the other prophetic verses use day and years figuratively, the 42 months is all of a sudden unique and used literally? I see that 42 months as a certain number of days, and days = years would be the consistant formula.

You can see why these calculations should be consistant in prophecy and should be interpreted by scripture...?

I think it is a mistake to think 1 + 1 + 1/2 = 3 1/2, and earlier on in the posts, I explained why, and it has to do with the word "hemera" (Strongs No. G2520) which is used in 2Peter 3:8 for a "day". It is translated "time" four times in KJV and twelve times in the NASB.
If 2Peter would more correctly read, "a 'time' is with the Lord as a thousand years", then a time, plus one more time, and a half time, which more closely follows the idiomatic style of the Hebrew of Daniels time, and would be 2,500 years.

The point you made about the wall being rebuilt may be something that will happen very soon. I do see the Dome of the Rock as significant in the time line of the end-times, as I do 1967AD when the Six day war took control of the Holy city out of Gentile hands. Your reference to Rev. 11:2 and the 42 months is very significant along with the fact that the Muslims mistakenly built the Dome of the Rock on the court of the Gentiles.

Upvote 0

Faithful1

Jun 5, 2002
✟338.00
Faith
Christian
raphe said:
Hello Prophecy countdown,
I ask respectfully, please tell me where you get your formula for days = years, and time, times, and half = 3 1/2 instead of 2 1/2.

Also, I'm interested in why when all the other prophetic verses use day and years figuratively, the 42 months is all of a sudden unique and used literally? I see that 42 months as a certain number of days, and days = years would be the consistant formula.

Jesus used Daniel's abomination as a literal event to show it is what precipitates the great tribulation - which obviously lasts a literal 42 months as quoted in Revel.13. This was the point I was making to you before on the other thread ('Two witnesses'), (DavSav missed it completely :( . ) The abomination spoken of by Daniel must be coupled to a succeeding tribulation of 42 literal months as per Jesus' statements., and this occurs just prior to Christ's return. (Matt.24)
This is the main problem I have with using 1260 days to try to pre date back to 688 AD.

Faithful 1

Upvote 0

Prophecy Countdown

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
✟887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
Greetings Raphe, I will list your questions to me and answer them, using the Bible verses concerned

Your question was, quote.
“I ask respectfully, please tell me where you get your formula for days = years, and time, times, and half = 3 1/2 instead of 2 1/2.”

I have already stated where the 3 ½ years comes from, but I don’t mind going through it again and even adding to the answer for you.
It is not a “formula” it is “what sayeth the Bible.”

After Daniel saw the vision the question was asked HOW LONG?

Daniel 12:6. And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, HOW LONG SHALL IT BE TO THE END OF ALL THESE WONDERS?

The following answer is made abundantly clear. 3 ½ years to finish the vision, to when Satan “SCATTERS THE HOLY PEOPLE.”

Daniel 12:7. And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that IT SHALL BE FOR TIME TIMES, AND AN HALF, and when he shall have accomplished to SCATTER the power of THE HOLY PEOPLE, ALL THESE THINGS SHALL BE FINISHED.

The term “IT SHALL BE FOR TIME TIMES, AND AN HALF.”
TIME = ONE.
TIMES = TWO.
AN HALF = ½
Total 3 ½ YEARS.

The same period and event in Revelation is repeated, SATAN “SCATTERS THE HOLY PEOPLE.” For 3 ½ years.

Revelation 12:14. And to the WOMAN were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a TIME, AND TIMES, AND A HALF A TIME, from the face of the SERPENT.

The term “IT SHALL BE FOR TIME TIMES, AND AN HALF.”
TIME = ONE.
TIMES = TWO.
HALF = ½
Total 3 ½ YEARS.

His people being scattered in, Rev 12: 1 to 5 those in Judea are told to run when seeing the abomination sitting where it ought not.

It is Satan the dragon that goes after the WOMAN and her seed.

The woman is easily recognised as Israel in the preceding verses.
So I must bring your attention to my dilemma, regards the mosque.

Mark 13:14. But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains.

I would suggest, with the greatest of respect, but knowing that the Jews had been scattered by Hadrian from Judea around 130 AD and were not in Judea (renamed Palestine), when the mosque was built, therefore His people could not “run to the mountains.” Fulfilling the prophecy of Daniel needs His people back in Judea.That the last verse, shows me clearly that the mosque is not in the biblical script, as the abomination that causes desolations to the daily.

The word (sacrifice) has been added it’s in italics. The translation reads “the daily.”
From the time that the daily is taken away and to when the abomination making it desolate is set up it must be within the 1290 days.

Dan 12:11. And from the time the daily shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
1290 days is about 3 ½ years.

In the next verse we are told that God’s people receive a blessing by passing through the 1335 days.

1335 days is about 3 ½ years.

Daniel 2: 12. Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

Rev 11:2. But the COURT which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot FORTY TWO MONTHS.

The outer court is given to the Gentiles for ONLY 42 MONTHS.

That is only 3 ½ years. No longer no less.

The two witnesses stand on their feet after 3 ½ days at the RESURRECTION. They are men, and only MEN are raised at the 7th TRUMPET. Men have feet to stand on.
They are murdered, it is MEN that are killed.

Revelation 11:11. And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they STOOD UPON THEIR FEET; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

The two witnesses are in Jerusalem for 1260 days.

About 3 ½ years.

Revelation 11:3. And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

What time span do all these various times above fit into?

Daniel 8:13. Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain which spake, How long the vision the daily, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot? 14And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.
The whole lot fits into 2300 days about 6 and a bit years.

As Daniel was told repeatedly, Understand the vision concerns the time of the end,”

The time of the end consists of “2300 evening and morning.”

Revelation 22: 18,19. For I testify unto EVERY MAN that HEARETH THE WORDS of the PROPHECY OF THIS BOOK, If any man shall ADD unto these THINGS, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Revelation 22: 19. And if any man shall TAKE AWAY from THE WORDS of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Raphe’s quote.
I see that 42 months as a certain number of days, and days = years would be the consistant formula. You can see why these calculations should be consistant in prophecy and should be interpreted by scripture...?

I agree absolutely 42 months is 3 ½ years and scripture should be the interpreter and is.

Raphe’s quote.
I think it is a mistake to think 1 + 1 + 1/2 = 3 1/2, and earlier on in the posts, I explained why, and it has to do with the word "hemera" (Strongs No. G2520) which is used in 2Peter 3:8 for a "day". It is translated "time" four times in KJV and twelve times in the NASB.
If 2Peter would more correctly read, "a 'time' is with the Lord as a thousand years", then a time, plus one more time, and a half time, which more closely follows the idiomatic style of the Hebrew of Daniels time, and would be 2,500 years.

I really do not see how it is, that you pull 2 Peter 3:8. Into the discussion.

It is not the intent of that verse to say a day or "time" equals a thousand years.
A day is like a thousand years to God. That is what it means in context.

To apply that verse to anything else is not the Bible's intent. That verse has nothing to do in context with 3 ½ years of Daniel or Revelation's time of the end period of "2300 evening and morning."

I have used the Interlinear Bible. Hebrew, Greek, English and it is in line with the King James version.

2 Peter 3:8. But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
2 Peter 3:9. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance

The intent of the above verses is very clear. The Lord is not affected by time regards His being patient. He is not slack as we would think being concerned about His long time return, He waits so that every opportunity is given for repentance of as many as possible.

I agree with the equation you gave “1 + 1 + 1/2 = 3 ½.” Being incorrect.
However one + two + a half = three and a half. which is the Bible's equation.

However I don’t see where you have acquired the “1 + 1 + 1/2 = 3 ½.” Or 2500 years from the Bible.

The term “time” has never ever been termed 1000 years.

The Lord used the phrase “7 times pass over thee” and we all know that, that was to do with Kings Nebuchadnezzar’s madness of 7 years.

Daniel 4 32. And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and SEVEN TIMES PASS OVER THEE, until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.

The outcome was that seven years later the king gains his sanity.

The term seven DAYS for years was not used.

The Lord is very specific when times are given.
Seven Sabbaths of years = seven years worth of Sabbaths is 7 years X seven equals 49 years. Jubilee = 49 years.

Leviticas 25:8. And thou shalt number seven sabbaths of years unto thee, seven times seven years; and the space of the seven sabbaths of years shall be unto thee FORTY AND NINE YEARS.

Daniel is backed up by Revelation the very characters are identical, and Daniel’s visions concern the “TIME OF THE END.” They start and finish within the 2300 “evening and morning.” That Bible says it and means, 2300 DAYS

The fact that John is told to MEASURE THE TEMPLE OF GOD. Is a clear indication that the Temple will be rebuilt.
Is the mosque the “Temple of God?”

Rev 11:1. And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

Raphe’s quote.
The point you made about the wall being rebuilt may be something that will happen very soon.

The wall in fact is being built around Jerusalem now.

Raphe’s quote.
I do see the Dome of the Rock as significant in the time line of the end-times, as I do 1967AD when the Six day war took control of the Holy city out of Gentile hands. Your reference to Rev. 11:2 and the 42 months is very significant along with the fact that the Muslims mistakenly built the Dome of the Rock on the court of the Gentiles.
Raphe quote.
Also, I'm interested in why when all the other prophetic verses use day and years figuratively, the 42 months is all of a sudden unique and used literally?

The term days for years was not used, even by Jeremiah the Prophet, he used the term years. Daniel read 70 years and new it to be that.

Jeremiah 20:5. Moreover I will deliver all the strength of this city, and all the labours thereof, and all the precious things thereof, and all the treasures of the kings of Judah will I give into the hand of their enemies, which shall spoil them, and take them, and carry them to Babylon.

Jeremiah 29:10. For thus saith the LORD, That after SEVENTY YEARS be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place.

The Seventh Day Adventist church, also tries to justify changing days into years which is not the intent of the Bible and is in direct conflict with Rev 22:18,19.

These are the texts they use to try to justify it.
Numbers 14:34. And Ezekiel 4:6.
The Lord mentions Caleb the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua the son of Nun.
They were the only two, out of all those that searched the promised land that reported back with the truth, after they searched it for forty days. The Lord gave them forty years punishment. One year for every day they were lying about it. That is the intent of what the Bible says.

Numbers 14:34. After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise.

The next verse appoints one day of punishment for each year the people sinned.
The punishment to be borne by the Prophet.
Forty years of sin merits forty days of punishment for the Prophet. That is the intent of the Bible. It is not the Bible’s intent to swap days for years.

Ezekiel 4:6. And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year.

To swap around days for years is just plain wrong and is not the intent of the Bible that is why Prophecy Countdown keeps referring to Revelation 22:18, 19.

Maranatha.

Prophecy Countdown.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.