Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my opinion, the Dome of the Rock is the abomination of desolation, Mohammed is the false prophet and Islam is the beast that brings on Armageddon.

What other religion hates Judah and Ephraim (Jewish & Christian believers) as much as Islam, what religion would think nothing of killing you if you do not convert to their way of thinking? What religion is bent on world domination?
Which religion wants to annihilate the Jewish people as well as Christians?
There are many false religions and cults, but Islam is the most dangerous of all! Islam is the ultimate anti-Messiah and operates in the spirit of the Anti-Messiah/Christ.

Pamela

Feb 21, 2002
Atlanta, Georgia
Visit site
✟176.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
In my opinion, the Dome of the Rock is the abomination of desolation, Mohammed is the false prophet and Islam is the beast that brings on Armageddon.

Hey raphe,
Have you ever read the book, "Unleashing the Beast" by Perry Stone? Based on your post, I think you would find it extremely interesting. The majority of the book is specifically about what you said in your post.

Feel free to PM me if you want more info. :)

God Bless,

Pamela

Upvote 0
Timothy McVeigh? Paul Hill? Jim Kopp?
http://www.christiangallery.com/atrocity/

I will admit, though, that Islamic terrorists are much more effective these days. For the truly violent days of Christianity, we have to look all the way back to the Crusades and the Inquisition (when, guess what? we persecuted and killed Jews.)

Upvote 0

duster1az

Jun 25, 2003
Southwest
Visit site
✟421.00
Faith
Christian
raphe writes: "In my opinion, the Dome of the Rock is the abomination of desolation, Mohammed is the false prophet and Islam is the beast that brings on Armageddon."

"And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate" (Dan. 9:27).

According to the prophecy of Christ (Matt. 24:15-26), there will be a definite event He refers to as the abomination of desolation similar to that spoken of in (Dan. 9:27). It will take place shortly before His second advent. The fulfillment of this prophecy, out of necessity, involves the reactivation of the Mosaic sacrificial system in a temple in Judea. Obviously, sacrifices can't be stopped and a temple can't be desecrated unless both are in operation. Currently neither is a reality, therefore the Dome of the Rock is desecrating nothing.

When the future seven year covenant is made I think the "Dome" and its relation to the rebuilt temple will be one of the problems removed to allow the agreement.

In Christ,
Tracey

Upvote 0

Pamela

Feb 21, 2002
Atlanta, Georgia
Visit site
✟176.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
For the truly violent days of Christianity, we have to look all the way back to the Crusades and the Inquisition (when, guess what? we persecuted and killed Jews.)

Guess what? Protestant Christians were persecuted and killed too. And the Crusades began as a result of Christian defense against Islamic aggression. Imagine that!

Some info from various sites about the Crusades...

...The crusades were a series of defensive wars against Islamic aggression in the Middle Ages and attempts to recapture the Holy Land from Muslim conquerors in order to allow safe pilgrimage and to protect and maintain the Christian presence there. Jerusalem had been Christian for hundreds of years when Caliph Omar seized it, and following that victory, Muslims warred their way into Egypt, other parts of Africa, Spain, Sicily, and Greece, leaving Christians dead and churches in ruins...

...the Crusades to the East were in every way defensive wars. They were a direct response to Muslim aggression—an attempt to turn back or defend against Muslim conquests of Christian lands...

...When Mohammed was waging war against Mecca in the seventh century, Christianity was the dominant religion of power and wealth. As the faith of the Roman Empire, it spanned the entire Mediterranean, including the Middle East, where it was born. The Christian world, therefore, was a prime target for the earliest caliphs, and it would remain so for Muslim leaders for the next thousand years. With enormous energy, the warriors of Islam struck out against the Christians shortly after Mohammed’s death. They were extremely successful.

...That is what gave birth to the Crusades. They were not the brainchild of an ambitious pope or rapacious knights but a response to more than four centuries of conquests in which Muslims had already captured two-thirds of the old Christian world. At some point, Christianity as a faith and a culture had to defend itself or be subsumed by Islam. The Crusades were that defense.

Upvote 0

Rafael

Only time enough for love
Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The last days are here, and have been since Christ was revealed and crucified.

Hebrews 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

We may be looking, in part, for something that has already been revealed in the events given in Revelations and Daniel..
The saints also will fight the beast in Rev. 20:7 -
These are speculations that I see as opinion, but I am not completely firm in them. The question is out for more speculation, but I do see Islam as a very probable spark to Armageddon as the historically most anti-Christ of any active religion.
It may take spiritual acuity to actually perceive events as they unfold in these last days.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rafael

Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the Sudan, Christians by the hundred thousands have been slaughtered - many by crucifixion. In Nigeria, many thousands more have been killed. One African brother (attending a Bible College here in the United States) plans to return home to begin a Christian school in his native land, but he knows he will not last more than a year or two before they kill him.

So what kind of people would act with such cruel hatred toward defenseless men and women who wished them no harm? The radical Muslims, thats who, in an Islamic Jihad or so-called "holy war" they have been waging against Christians and Jews for over 1300 years.

excerpt from book "Islam Reviewed" by Ellis Skofield

I also, recently saw the true story about soldiers sent to save a doctor, a priest, and two nuns working in Nigeria back during the Clinton administration. Ethnic cleansing was taking place, where Muslims were slaughtering all tribes and especially the Christians who had started a Christian democratic party. The president and his family were executed along with thousands.

Pamela, you mentioned a book, and I would like to read it. The one called "False Prophet", by Ellis Skofield is available at Amazon, and I have it coming. I hear that it is very interesting.

Much prophesy has being made more clear to me, recently, just by recognizing the prophecies to the two houses of Israel - Judah and Ephraim (or Israel). Ezelial 37:11-18 tells of the two sticks being united as on in God's hand before the end shall take place. I believe that Ephraim is the church and Judah is the Messianic Jews that will come together, fight the beast, and win with the help of the Lord. Then there will be the "reign of Iron" of 1000 years, where the saints and Jesus will judge the world:

Revelations 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. 4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. 7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

1 Corinthians 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
1 Corinthians 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Romans 11:25-26 For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery - so that you will not be wise in your own estimation - a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in: and thus ALL Israel will be saved....

Jesus spoke of other "sheep which are not of this fold; I must bring them in also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd." And "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" (John 10:16; Matthew 15:24)

Ezekial 37:16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions: 17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.

Hebrews 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. 7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. 8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

"And she gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to rule all the nations
with a rod of iron; and her child was caught up to God and to His throne."
(Revelation 12:5)

"From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the
nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine
press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty." (Revelation 19:15

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Enrico said:
Timothy McVeigh? Paul Hill? Jim Kopp?
http://www.christiangallery.com/atrocity/

I will admit, though, that Islamic terrorists are much more effective these days. For the truly violent days of Christianity, we have to look all the way back to the Crusades and the Inquisition (when, guess what? we persecuted and killed Jews.)
I think the point isn't really as much of "who did bomb X while claiming to be of religion Y" as much as it should be "who did bomb X in the name of religion Y"

On the original topic, I hadn't thought about it before, but I think that the dome has been up longer than the timeline for the abomination was. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought it wouldn't be up that long. If I am wrong on this, please let me know :D Have a great day!

Upvote 0

Donny_B

Mar 4, 2003
North Carolina
✟740.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The abomination of desolation is part of the events described in Daniel 9:27.

"And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. Daniel 9:27

Traditionally, Christians have believed this describes the Crucifixion when the veil of the temple was torn in two and the old animal sacrifices ended and nearly 40 years later when Jerusalem and the temple were destroyed by the Romans in AD 70.

Many today believe it refers to a future event involving the antichrist, and is also the same as that event described in II Thessalonians:

"3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. II Thessalonians 2: 3-4

If you are referring to the event in II Thessalonians, I feel this will be a person who will appear to be an insider, and he will be, or appear to be, within the Church. Many feel this has been fulfilled in Church history by the office of the papacy, but could culminate in a specific future leader who has not yet been revealed.

Upvote 0

Rafael

Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I first posted this thread, I should have said that these things COULD be happening right before our eyes and we are missing them as shadows of things to come in the very near future - much like the shadows of Christ throughout scripture before He came and fulfilled all that was a shadow of Himself. I think that prophecy may operate in a similar manner.
The two witnesses thread I started, shows that the two witnesses are from each tribe of the promise God gave to those of the New covenant mentioned in Hebrews 8:8. Could the United States and Israel be the two witnesses of prophecy in a global sense? I think so, but I too, look for two individuals coming to stand against some evil that was or is being perpetrated against God and His chosen people. Now, things will have to significantly heat up more in that area before God intervenes, but honestly, we can see these things developing at a very fast pace in Israel, today. How far is nuclear war away from that area? Four more years is about all it's going to take, and in the mean time Judah and Israel (Ephraim) will stand against the whole world united. If not for the Lord's intervention, even the elect would be lost.

Upvote 0

Rafael

Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
583 BC is the year that Babylon took the Jews into captivity.

Daniel 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Jewish year is 360 days instead of 365, so 1290 x .9857 = 1271.5
1271.5 + 583 BC = 688AD
The Dome of the Rock that was built by Abd el Malik from 685 to 705 AD covers and prevents the sacrifice which is the abomination of desolation. Instead of a man, it is a thing that covers the temple.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Faithful1

Jun 5, 2002
✟338.00
Faith
Christian
raphe said:

Daniel 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

1271.5 + 583 BC = 688AD
The Dome of the Rock that was built by Abd el Malik from 685 to 705 AD covers and prevents the sacrifice which is the abomination of desolation. Instead of a man, it is a thing that covers the temple.

Very interesting math, Raphe. :scratch:
But you left out the next verse:

"Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days".
1335 x .9857 = 1316 yrs.

688 AD + 1316 yrs = 2004 AD (approximately) Hmmm..... :scratch:
According to my calculations next year could be a very important prophetic year.

Faithful 1

P.S. Please give me references for the date of the building of the Dome of the Rock if you don't mind.

Upvote 0

Rafael

Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very good, Faithful One, and there are more calculations of interest that point to the times, and times and half times being 2 1/2. The translation of day in 2Pet.3:8 is tranlated "time" four times in the KJV and 12 times in the NASB, so this could and should mean a period of 2,500 years (no conversion needed since the verse was from the New Testament). So the time, times & 1/2 times of Daniel 7:25 spans from 552BC, ist year of Belshazzar to New Israel 1948AD.
Time, times & 1/2 a time for Daniel 12:7 spans 2500 years from 533BC, 3rd year of Cyrus, to Jerusalem freed 1967AD.
Indeed most prophecy is fulfilled. The two witnesses of the church and the Jews are in place too. The end times are surely ripe, and if I glean more from my readings I'll share and update on your 2004 date.

The book I'm reading by Ellis Skolfield has no references, but assure that they are easily found and will vary on a few years. I did a search on Google and found what he said to be true. Supposedly it took twenty years to build. The first two years were spent finding and preparing the bedrock.
Actual construction began in 688AD. According to him, the Dome of the Rock was actually built on the wrong rock and covers the Gentile court instead of the Holy of Holies which fulfills another prophecy in Revelations:
11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Here is another calculation based on this time of 42 months of Rev.11:2.
688AD is the date the building of the Dome of the Rock started and spans 42 months = 1278.34 days. 1967AD - 1278.34 days = 688.66AD.
1967AD is the time of the fullness of Gentiles or when the Six Day war resulted in the first time the Jews had control of Jerusalem in 2,573 yrs.

Luke 21:21-24 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Upvote 0

Prophecy Countdown

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
✟887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
raphe said:

What other religion hates Judah and Ephraim (Jewish & Christian believers) as much as Islam, what religion would think nothing of killing you if you do not convert to their way of thinking? What religion is bent on world domination?
Which religion wants to annihilate the Jewish people as well as Christians?
There are many false religions and cults, but Islam is the most dangerous of all! Islam is the ultimate anti-Messiah and operates in the spirit of the Anti-Messiah/Christ.

Daniel was told “understand o son of man the vision concerns “the time of the end.”
It is at the time of the end that the vision is applicable, that is why the Jews are still in Judeah.

Mark 13:14. But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the Prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains.

It is Satan that is the abomination that causes desolation. He sits where he ought not.

ISAIAH 14: 12. How art thou fallen from heaven, O LUCIFER, SON OF THE MORNING! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

The mount of the congregation in the sides of the North is God's mount, His holy mountain.

Daniel 9: 16. O Lord, according to all thy righteousness, I beseech thee, let thine anger and thy fury be turned away from thy city Jerusalem, thy holy mountain: because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and thy people are become a reproach to all that are about us.

It is Satan that sits where he should not, claiming God's earthly throne.

Isaiah 14:13. For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I WILL EXALT MY THRONE above the stars of God: I WILL SIT UPON THE MOUNT OF THE CONGREGATION, IN THE SIDES OF THE NORTH:

14I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. 15Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. 16They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the MAN THAT MADE THE EARTH TO TREMBLE, that did SHAKE NATIONS.

Mattew 25: 15. When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the HOLY PLACE, (whoso readeth, let him understand.

Daniel 12:1. And from the time that the daily shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, a thousand two hundred and ninety days. That’s about 3 ½ years.

The place of the daily is the outer court,OF God's Temple, and is given over to the Gentiles for 42 months. John is told not to measure it. However he is told to count those inside “the Temple of God..”

The Mosque is not the “Temple of God.” It will be removed from the Mount.
The “Temple of God” must be be rebuilt, this must take place for it to be measured and for the vision to be fulfilled.

Rev 11:1. And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the TEMPLE OF GOD, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

Rev 11: 2. But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Luke 21:16. But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near.

Luke 21:21. “Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her."
Luke 21:22. “For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

Daniel 12: 12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

At the time of the end. Satan is made like us, a man.

Isaiah 14:16. . They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made THE EARTH TREMBLE, that did SHAKE KINGDOMS;

P C.

Upvote 0

Rafael

Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello PC
The dragon is satan in Revelations, and ofcourse he is behind these things. I think you may have missed the calculations done on Daniel 12:11 and 12:12. Go back a few posts you will see the calculation for the Dome of the Rock being the abomination that desolates:

1271.5 + 583 BC = 688AD

Upvote 0

Rafael

Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Faithful one
A friend of mine contacted the author of the book that made these calculations and he chose not to include the one that gave the year 2004 so he wouldn't be accused of calling the date to closely.
My friend also do alot of research on the stars, especially the Pleiades constellation and the signs that take place in the heavens that mark His return. There is an alignment of stars that is complicated to explain that is to take place next year that hasn't taken place for the last 2500 years.
I have a hard time seeing everything pointing to 2004 as the year for His return, but I do see it being the start of something important to end times. I look for a very rough winter as the news journalists are already calling for gas shortages, and I see our resources of natural gas as a very possible target of terrorists who want to disrupt our economy and weaken it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.