Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The possibility of there being male and female reproductive parts on the same person is a very rare physical occurrence but it has nothing to do with gender and does not change the scientific fact that there are only two sexes biologically.

World Experts on this take a scientific and cultural stand:

Humans are born with 46 chromosomes in 23 pairs. The X and Y chromosomes determine a person’s sex. Most women are 46XX and most men are 46XY. Research suggests, however, that in a few births per thousand some individuals will be born with a single sex chromosome (45X or 45Y) (sex monosomies) and some with three or more sex chromosomes (47XXX, 47XYY or 47XXY, etc.) (sex polysomies). In addition, some males are born 46XX due to the translocation of a tiny section of the sex determining region of the Y chromosome. Similarly some females are also born 46XY due to mutations in the Y chromosome. Clearly, there are not only females who are XX and males who are XY, but rather, there is a range of chromosome complements, hormone balances, and phenotypic variations that determine sex....
WHO | Gender and Genetics

The World Health Organization remains firmly committed to the principles set out in the preamble to the Constitution

• Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.

• The enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of health is one of the fundamental rights of every human being without distinction of race, religion, political belief, economic or social condition.

• The health of all peoples is fundamental to the attainment of peace and security and is dependent on the fullest co-operation of individuals and States.

• The achievement of any State in the promotion and protection of health is of value to all.

• Unequal development in different countries in the promotion of health and control of diseases, especially communicable disease, is a common danger.

• Healthy development of the child is of basic importance; the ability to live harmoniously in a changing total environment is essential to such development.
  • The extension to all peoples of the benefits of medical, psychological and related knowledge is essential to the fullest attainment of health.

• Informed opinion and active co-operation on the part of the public are of the utmost importance in the improvement of the health of the people.

• Governments have a responsibility for the health of their peoples which can be fulfilled only by the provision of adequate health and social measures.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why do you care? You can use pronouns to mean gender and refuse to recognize the "new" pronouns, so don't bring up that red herring again.
If you are okay with me dismissing the "new" pronouns refusing to recognize them, what are you complaining about?
Ya, so what? What do I care about someone's biology?
Because biology is real.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes I agree. It is the subjectivity in gender ideology that is causing the confusion. In all other issues we use the scientific facts to determine things. But it seems for some issues we allow peoples personal feelings to be the measure.

If we applied this to other areas such as body image we would be be denying an important reality that may be the difference between life and death. For example if a grossly thin person had anorexia nervosa and perceived themself as being overweight and we were banned from stating the truth of their state in order not to offend them this would not be helpful. Then medical records would be stating that there is no issue with their weight which would be misleading and lead to misdiagnosis and further confusion.
Excellent points!

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
If you are okay with me dismissing the "new" pronouns refusing to recognize them, what are you complaining about?
Enough with the red herring. Just answer the question. Why do you care if you use "he" and "she" to refer to gender, as in masculine and feminine?
Because biology is real.
So are social constructs. Proper names are real but they're created out of peoples' imaginations.

Your argument sounds like this:

Me: Hi, I'm Nicholas. You can call me Nick.
You: Which is it? Nicholas, or Nick?
Me: Well, it says Nicholas on my birth certificate, but I go by Nick.
You: Well it doesn't say "Nick" on your birth certificate, so it isn't really your name in the really real world, is it? I refuse to play along with your fantasy name that you just made up.
Me: Okay... But "Nicholas" feels so formal, I don't feel like a "Nicholas", I'm a casual sort of laid back guy...
You: I don't care. I only address reality. What's next? Some guy is going to want me to call him "T-Bone"? I won't do it because reasons.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, if you are a male, yet you identify with being a female much better, there are "all sorts of problems in your life" and one that can be easily eliminated is other people making the decision for you what clothes you should wear and how you should wear your hair.

That one is the easiest to grind in the garbage disposal and flush with lots of water.
I'm not sure what those other people are measuring the size of your pehis for anyway.
Like I said, your doctor need be the only one in the know.

1% of all people have sex organs that are not within "normal" range.
I am not sure that it is fair that people can tell other people what cloths to wear and how they should have their hair in general public. I think people should be able to decide for themselves and if they choose to identify with another gender then that's their business. But don't make that everyone else's business.

I am just saying someones gender ideology should not be forced onto anyone especially in areas of science and medicine just like people cannot force transgender people to conform to someone else's ideals. My concern is gender ideology is hijacking areas like medicine, psychology and law because of political correctness. I think that is a dangerous path to go down which can cause more harm than good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Enough with the red herring. Just answer the question. Why do you care if you use "he" and "she" to refer to gender, as in masculine and feminine?
How many times do I have to answer the same question? Again; I have no problem with he, or she. Why? Because he and she represents biology.

So are social constructs. Proper names are real but they're created out of peoples' imaginations.
I never said I had a problem with everything created out of peoples imagination; just this one. Why this one? Because nobody has been able to rationally explain to me how it is possible to identify as something other than what they are biologically. So whatever you are biologically, I refer to you that way.

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
How many times do I have to answer the same question? Again; I have no problem with he, or she. Why? Because he and she represents biology.
That doesn't answer the question I asked. Try again.
I never said I had a problem with everything created out of peoples imagination; just this one. Why this one? Because nobody has been able to rationally explain to me how it is possible to identify as something other than what they are biologically. So whatever you are biologically, I refer to you that way.
Gender is a social construct. Why would anyone need to explain anything about biology when they're referring to gender? Your demand isn't just unreasonable, it's nonsense.

I can't "rationally" explain why I prefer to go by "Nick" instead of "Nicholas" and neither can any other shortened name or nick-name. So what?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That doesn't answer the question I asked. Try again.
I don’t refer to Gender because they have redefined gender in a way that I disapprove.

T Gender is a social construct. Why would anyone need to explain anything about biology when they're referring to gender? Your demand isn't just unreasonable, it's nonsense.

I can't "rationally" explain why I prefer to go by "Nick" instead of "Nicholas" and neither can any other shortened name or nick-name. So what?
If I insist on referring to people as male or female rather than by their name, that is my choice. Why do you insist I refer to you by name when speaking to someone else?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Moral Orel

Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I don’t refer to Gender because they have redefined gender in a way that I disapprove.
So a trans man feels masculine enough / in the right ways to prefer to be referred to as "he". What do you disapprove of about that?
If I insist on referring to people as male or female rather than by their name, that is my choice. Why do you insist I refer to you by name when speaking to someone else?
This response has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. Care to try again?

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So a trans man feels masculine enough / in the right ways to prefer to be referred to as "he". What do you disapprove of about that?
If a woman has an idea in her head of what it means or feels like to be masculine and therefore wants to be referred to as a man, she is still a woman regardless to whatever misconceptions he has in her head of what it means to be a man.

This response has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. Care to try again?
How is what I responded to different than what you asked?

Upvote 0

Alien Lotus

Jul 8, 2019
Mid-Atlantic USA
✟5,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Personally, I'll never use opposite sex pronouns to refer to a born male nor female. "They", works in most cases when referring to such a person and so as not to be confronted for not using their preferred gender pronoun.
Are they here?
They wanted me to deliver these papers.
Or, use the name they use when referring to them. I know men that have female names. Jamie, Etc...
But using the gender pronoun that furthers their sin and illness in my view is contributing to their problem by conceding they don't actually have one.

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
If a woman has an idea in her head of what it means or feels like to be masculine and therefore wants to be referred to as a man, she is still a woman regardless to whatever misconceptions he has in her head of what it means to be a man.
We're talking about gender. Biology is different from that. In terms of gender, what it means to be a man isn't "has a penis".
How is what I responded to different than what you asked?
What?? Your response doesn't have anything to do with my questions.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We're talking about gender. Biology is different from that. In terms of gender, what it means to be a man isn't "has a penis".
As I said, I don't address gender as newly defined.
What?? Your response doesn't have anything to do with my questions.
How is it different? Explain how it's different and perhaps I will rephrase my response differently.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Moral Orel

Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
As I said, I don't address gender as newly defined.
So then you disapprove of gender being defined in a way that doesn't refer exclusively to biology and disapprove of gender being a social construct. Why?
How is it different? Explain how it's different and perhaps I will rephrase my response differently.
You're okay with referring to me as "Nick" instead of "Nicholas", right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How about if we just don’t address it? When referring to men vs women, when deciding which public restroom or shower facility to use, when unsure to call someone a ma'am or sir, instead of assuming gender, why not just assume sex? The difference? Sex refers to biology, (XX vs XY chromosomes, sex organs, etc) where as gender refers to perceived social roles based on sex.

When I speak to people, if I use the pronoun he or she, I’m referring to their sex not their gender. I’m making an assumption of their biology, not whatever confusion they might have going on inside of their heads. If a biological woman identifies as a man, she shouldn’t assume I am addressing her identification when I call her she, this woman should assume I am referring to her biology.

Does this make sense? Your thoughts?

Ken

I've got a simpler fix.

If someone says they are a woman, then accept them at their word and address them as a woman. If someone says they are a man, then do likewise.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So then you disapprove of gender being defined in a way that doesn't refer exclusively to biology and disapprove of gender being a social construct. Why?
Because gender as defined now caters to mental delusion; something I refuse to do.
You're okay with referring to me as "Nick" instead of "Nicholas", right?
Yes; Nick instead of Nicholas does not cater to mental delusion

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've got a simpler fix.

If someone says they are a woman, then accept them at their word and address them as a woman. If someone says they are a man, then do likewise.
That's OK until we come up against more testing situations where it is important to be sure a person is not just claiming that they are the opposite sex to who they are. This will happen in situations where there are specific requirements for one sex to be eligible such as rest rooms, gyms, medical situations, sports, etc. A male cannot just walk up and say they are a women and then get open access to places that women may occupy. This is the difficulty we are facing at the moment in how do we accommodate transgender people into main stream society. There is no clear cut process and we are discovering new dilemmas as we go.

Upvote 0