A Question For Those With Seer/Prophetic Giftings

therebelprophet

Apr 21, 2007
✟16,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have had this happen numerous times. God tells me something, or merely "intimates" (pronounced en-tuh-mayts) something to me where I just SEE it, ya know, but then nothing happens, it looks like it's over, and I move on...but it's not really over, it's just changed somehow. So then I start to see the pieces coming together, there are stirrings, movings, and shakings Behind the Curtains and what I was told does, invariably, come to pass.

So my question is this: Do you ever see the pieces coming together, knowing in a general sense what the end result will be, and dread having to go through the process that is required to get to that end result? ...even if it is the sum of your life's work and the essence of who you are taking shape? ...even if it would mean vindication and release and rapture and joy unspeakable and full of glory? ...even if it would be your dream, your ONLY dream, coming to fruition?

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since 50 people had viewed your post and no one responded, I called a prophetic friend. Response: sometimes I see the pieces and not the end result for a while. But mostly I see the end result and the pieces aren't shown. Sometimes I wonder if it's Yahweh's way of letting us know He'll be with us no matter what - through the pieces and the end result.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Deba

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want (period)
Jul 8, 2007
An American living in Laos
✟13,167.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Not a prophetic gift, but a prophet. In my case the initiation usually comes through pain in my heart. Severe pain that puts me in bed crying and praying for a couple of days. Then in the months and years that follow I watch as God brings people and opportunity into my life that allows the prayers that poured forth through the tears to be answered.

Btw, usually I have not yet met the person that breaks my heart.

Other than clueless as to what the end result will be, but knowing that it will be good because God has called it into being, my life is otherwise as you describe.

Upvote 0

therebelprophet

Apr 21, 2007
✟16,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, with me, for SOME reason, God shows me the end result first i.e. "such-and-such will happen" and then when I start to see the pieces coming together, I usually dread it because I know what it will take, generally speaking, to get to that end result. It usually means much pain, difficulty, and heartache.

And I used the term "seer/prophetic giftings" because the term "prophet" has been so widely misused and conjures up images of some wizened old mystic full of dark sayings and mysterious utterances. I could call myself a prophet, but I'm not...I have seer giftings from God. I hope that clears up any confusion. :)

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Usually seers are prophets but not all prophets are seers.

Paul saw Acts 9: 12And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.

Then Paul wrote prophetically: I Thess 4: 16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

No record of Agabus seeing Acts 11 and 21. Or I could have missed it if so, then I'll find another example.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
I have had this happen numerous times. God tells me something, or merely "intimates" (pronounced en-tuh-mayts) something to me where I just SEE it, ya know, but then nothing happens, it looks like it's over, and I move on...but it's not really over, it's just changed somehow. So then I start to see the pieces coming together, there are stirrings, movings, and shakings Behind the Curtains and what I was told does, invariably, come to pass.

So my question is this: Do you ever see the pieces coming together, knowing in a general sense what the end result will be, and dread having to go through the process that is required to get to that end result? ...even if it is the sum of your life's work and the essence of who you are taking shape? ...even if it would mean vindication and release and rapture and joy unspeakable and full of glory? ...even if it would be your dream, your ONLY dream, coming to fruition?

I'm not sure I have a direct answer to your question but I have a lot of experience with similar situations, so maybe we can get there from a round about way. :)

Years ago I was going to a church that was set on buying a piece of property and building a church. God told me that it wasn't His will for them to do so. While everybody else in the congregation was making Jericho marches and taking rocks home from the property and praying over them, I knew things wouldn't work out. Sure enough they didn't. They bought the property, but the county wouldn't let them build there.

I had told the pastor what I knew. Beyond that, I was powerless to do anything. I found out later that there was a seer in the congregation, someone who could see and talk to angels. The pastor went out there with her and they found angels watching over the property. When asked why, they told the seer that they were there in case the church wanted to buy the land. (Apparently second hand information gotten from angels is not as reliable as asking God yourself. Who knew? ;) )

Spiritual gifts generally work in a similar manner, though the methods may be different. I don't see things in the spirit, and I don't generally just know a future event is going to happen. But I've tuned my ear to hear very clearly in the spirit, and have a good sense of feeling/knowing. It is my observation that these giftings will work with or without God. Without God they are no different than psychic abilities. But any good prophet knows when his/her gifts are being used by God, and when they are just on automatic mode or are used by some other spirit/demon. ...And one type of false prophet would be someone who has developed their psychic abilities to the point of knowing something; and tries to pass that knowledge off as a word from the Lord.

What we are to do when we get a revelation from the Lord, is the question here I believe. This is where we often turn to ministry anointings, and do what we can to help. Deba apparently is an intercessor, and works the case from that angle. My default gift is teaching, so when encountered with a question I don't really have an answer to, I can talk my way in circles around the problem hoping the person finds a solution somewhere in the information given. ;)

But it is not our place to fix the problem on our own. God does not show us these things so we can take on that kind of responsibility. There have been many many times where God has shown me things, but had absolutely no expectation for me to do anything about it except learn from others' mistakes. It also helped in assuring me that I can hear from Him accurately. I also don't think it is wrong to assume that God would show us things and expect us to use our already developed gifts on the problem. That is not the same as doing it in our own strength. Use wisdom/discernment to know what God's intentions are for each situation.

It is worth it to go through the trials of life to achieve God given dreams. You are far ahead of most people to simply know that it won't be easy. Too often Christianity is marketed as an simple religion. Too many people do not know about the trials and tribulation before them. Don't give up, and don't shy away from the things you will have to face.

The prize of our calling is a relationship with God that is beyond comprehension. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, many believers don't seem to know I Thess 5:20-21 “Despise not prophesyings. 21Prove all things;"

The prophet speaking is just the beginning. We have Holy Scriptures, the Holy Spirit, prayer, hearing God’s voice, spiritual discernment, and wise Godly counsel to help prove all things. Then hold fast that which is good.” V 21

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mrhappy3

May 9, 2006
LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
While a lot of this prophetic stuff is all smoke and mirrors, and the sick feeling in the pit of your gut gives the game away, there are also some genuine seers about.

I know a couple, they are not perfect, some would call them maverick.

but when I need to go deeper - I seek them out.

They know about trials, I want them in the trenches with me..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good words, all, especially you, Tobias. You hit something with all of that scattershot :).

The problem with this particular situation is that I know, beyond the shadow of a reasonable doubt, that God doing what I see Him doing will mean one thing: Somebody's gotta die.

It is sometimes helpful for me to remember this passage of Scripture,
when I begin seeing things that don't seem 'right', don't make sense, or even seem 'very wrong' to me ...
and yet, in my heart, I feel sure 'it is God' ...

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways My ways, declares the LORD.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are My ways higher than your ways
and My thoughts than your thoughts."

~ Isaiah 55:8-9

And my response, to these kinds of situations, is to continue to pray as I believe God would have me to pray ...
trusting Him ... and leaving the details, and results, to Him.

This is not so hard to do, when we believe that God works all things together for good,
for those that love Him and are called according to His purpose.

If the persons involved do not know Him, I am sure to pray for their salvation ...

Upvote 0

therebelprophet

Apr 21, 2007
✟16,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While a lot of this prophetic stuff is all smoke and mirrors, and the sick feeling in the pit of your gut gives the game away, there are also some genuine seers about.

I know a couple, they are not perfect, some would call them maverick.

but when I need to go deeper - I seek them out.

They know about trials, I want them in the trenches with me..

WOW! Can I get a LOOOVE button for this post??? That last sentence says it all. We DO know about trials, and I can assure you there is no one better equipped to be in the trenches with someone going through trials than a prophet. :D

Upvote 0

therebelprophet

Apr 21, 2007
✟16,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It is sometimes helpful for me to remember this passage of Scripture,
when I begin seeing things that don't seem 'right', don't make sense, or even seem 'very wrong' to me ...
and yet, in my heart, I feel sure 'it is God' ...

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways My ways, declares the LORD.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are My ways higher than your ways
and My thoughts than your thoughts."

~ Isaiah 55:8-9

And my response, to these kinds of situations, is to continue to pray as I believe God would have me to pray ...
trusting Him ... and leaving the details, and results, to Him.

This is not so hard to do, when we believe that God works all things together for good,
for those that love Him and are called according to His purpose.

If the persons involved do not know Him, I am sure to pray for their salvation ...

This is so very, very true. And He keeps telling me that, keeps reassuring me that He has every right and justifiable cause to do what He is about to do. It's not that it seems wrong to me or unfair but it's just that I don't want to go through the details of it, ya know. It's like traveling. Yeah, ya GOTTA go through West Texas to get to Arizona, but GEEZ MAN!!! Can I just skip West Texas???

And so it is. And so it will be. My prayer is that I will not succumb to the overwhelming temptation to fold in the middle of all of this.

Upvote 0

mrhappy3

May 9, 2006
LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
This is so very, very true. And He keeps telling me that, keeps reassuring me that He has every right and justifiable cause to do what He is about to do. It's not that it seems wrong to me or unfair but it's just that I don't want to go through the details of it, ya know. It's like traveling. Yeah, ya GOTTA go through West Texas to get to Arizona, but GEEZ MAN!!! Can I just skip West Texas???

And so it is. And so it will be. My prayer is that I will not succumb to the overwhelming temptation to fold in the middle of all of this.

You won't fold mate, your just coming to terms with it, thats the issue.

He is pressing and squeezing the life out of you. Being prepared for the masters good use, it will ultimately end in total death to self.

Its not pleasant, but neccesary, wear it as a badge of honour.

Looking at your mugshot (photo) you remind me of an 80's football hooligan - Millwall FC (based in england). LOL !

Not someone to be messed with, but a heart of gold underneath.

Keep going bruv, you are not alone.

shalom:thumbsup:

Upvote 0