Visit site
✟1,022,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
All human beings have the same value as we are created in imagine of God and all have an eternal soul.

This doesn't mean we are to do the same roles though. God consecrated men only to minister his church as shown by sacred scripture: 1 Timothy 2:12
I’m glad to see agreement that we all have the same value in the eyes of God.

I hope all in this thread and in CF also value and respect each other equally in our eyes and actions as well.

(Note that I specifically am not referencing gender in ministry in this comment, as this concept is applicable no matter what a person believes about ministry in the church.)

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
just had the time now to watch the entire video

our family dispels much of what's in video (don't have time to evaluate her research)
people are individuals and can't always expect them to act a certain way due to being m or f

Last edited:
Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0

Romans 8

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟137,253.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
just had the time now to watch the entire video

our family dispels much of what's in video (don't have time to evaluate her research)
1)we play BLOKUS, child plays with me and husband and because of her practice, she continually beats husband despite video saying males are better at shapes (he doesn't let her win, either)
2)worked at a preschool, there were females who hit other kids, have also seen neighborhood girls hit other kids, dispelling only boys are physically aggressive and girls use words to fight
3)our 2 yr old nephew likes to play with dolls and have seen other boys play with dolls
4) when our child was young and we went to places that had car track set-up, she'd choose that to play with over dolls dispelling that boy go to trucks, girls go to dolls
as a child, I rarely played with dolls, not my thing
5)our child is in elementary school, and the girls and boys play together A LOT, they are not segregating everyday as the video implies; girls and boys play tag together (I ask what goes on at recess as that's child's fav)
6) there are boys in the art classes our child takes as well as boys in cooking type classes child has taken
also, one boy's art was chosen by art teacher to go into community showcase (and one girls) so disagree with the art portion of video
7)husband has way more friends than me now as he has the opportunity at work for friends, since am sahm mom now, no work friends (had them when working) so disagree on amt of friends in video, also
8) husband doesn't rough and tumble play with our child but they do Home Depot Kids so she hammers & makes projects there and at home
9)our child will take risks & try new things even though video say boys more likely to over girls

people are individuals and can't always expect them to act a certain way due to being m or f

I appreciate the difference and or similarities you noticed in your limited experience and congratulations that you have realized that not everyone fits the mould. Information is collected on large numbers of individuals, rather than a select few, in order to discover any REAL differences that may be apparent in general. It doesn't sound like you understand the very premise of a study such as this to begin with. There are all kinds of external factors of influence we would need to consider before attempting to apply anything which you've written. It's simply anecdotal evidence at best.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gender roles: Men and women are not so different after all • News Service • Iowa State University

^^^^^
"To separate fact from fiction, Krizan and colleagues Ethan Zell, an assistant professor at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, and Sabrina Teeter, a graduate student at Western Carolina University, conducted a meta-synthesis of more than 100 meta-analyses of gender differences. Combined, the studies they aggregated included more than 12 million people. Their report, published in American Psychologist, found an almost 80 percent overlap for more than 75 percent of the psychological characteristics, such as risk taking, occupational stress and morality. Simply put, our differences are not so profound."

Men And Women Found More Similar Than Portrayed In Popular Media

^^^^^
"Gender differences accounted for either zero or a very small effect formost of the psychological variables examined, according to Hyde."
The misrepresentation of how different the sexes are, which is notsupported by the scientific evidence, harms men and women of all agesin many different areas of life, said Dr. Hyde"

The Brains of Women and Men Are More Alike Than You May Think

^^^^^
"That belief that there's a male-type brain and female-type brain is just not true," said Lise Eliot, an associate professor of neuroscience at the Chicago Medical School of Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. "It's not true for the amygdala. It is turning out to be not true for the hippocampus, for the corpus callosum, for left-right dominance. There's just not an attribute of the brain that reliably marks it as male or female."

Internal Server Error

^^^^^
"Men and Women: No Big Difference.
Studies show that one's sex has little or no bearing on personality, cognition and leadership."
more re Dr Hyde

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Information is collected on large numbers of individuals, rather than a select few, in order to discover any REAL differences that may be apparent in general.

my mistake for post #162

however, in post #164
listed just a few articles that shows that research, some involving millions, show men and woman are more ALIKE than different

Upvote 0

Romans 8

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟137,253.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
my mistake for post #162
my mistake for post #162

however, in post #164
listed just a few articles that has show that research, some involving millions, show man and woman are more ALIKE than different

I will go over the links you posted when I have more time. Thank you.

the video posted in the OP is from a young woman who does videos and if one looks at any of her other videos, there's a clear agenda

You edited this last bit out of your original post, but it's the most important part. Very few would have caught that. How did you form your conclusions?

I posted that video somewhat hastily after watching it, only later going back to investigate more thoroughly. This young lady is controlled opposition. She's a part of the alt-right fiasco as seen by her content. Her relations with Paul Joseph Watson (a known shill) and agent Laura Southern are dead giveaways. I'm not saying this new information shreds the evidence of what's been presented in the video per se, but it does shine a light on the agenda behind it (a false dichotomy).

As you know, there are studies which both agree and disagree with the topic of gender differences.Thank you and God Bless ;)

Upvote 0

PoppyB

Apr 5, 2019
Bolton
✟30,915.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A couple of days after watching the video which I thought was very interesting, I found a second hand book called, Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps by Allan Pease and Barbara Pease. I am finding very interesting and it is entertaining and easy to read and I'm learning a lot.

51D5THTY92L._AC_UL654_QL65_.jpg

Upvote 0