Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some cite Catholicism as inspiration for ‘trans’ policies.

When a media storm hit last fall after word leaked that a prominent Catholic women’s college in Indiana planned to admit males who identify as women, the school’s president seemed puzzled.

“We are by no means the first Catholic women’s college to adopt a policy with this scope,” Saint Mary’s College President Katie Conboy wrote in an email message to students and staff.

Conboy was right: The policy — which conflicts with Catholic Church teaching and Pope Francis’ repeated condemnation of what he calls gender ideology — has quietly become the norm at Catholic women’s colleges in the United States.

Five of the eight Catholic women’s colleges in the country explicitly say so on their websites. Two others don’t have such a statement on their sites, but an organization that aims to create “more inclusive LGBT-friendly colleges and universities” says officials at those institutions have confirmed that they accept transgender applicants.

Continued below.

• Agree
Reactions: DJWhalen

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Some cite Catholicism as inspiration for ‘trans’ policies.

When a media storm hit last fall after word leaked that a prominent Catholic women’s college in Indiana planned to admit males who identify as women, the school’s president seemed puzzled.

“We are by no means the first Catholic women’s college to adopt a policy with this scope,” Saint Mary’s College President Katie Conboy wrote in an email message to students and staff.

Conboy was right: The policy — which conflicts with Catholic Church teaching and Pope Francis’ repeated condemnation of what he calls gender ideology — has quietly become the norm at Catholic women’s colleges in the United States.

Five of the eight Catholic women’s colleges in the country explicitly say so on their websites. Two others don’t have such a statement on their sites, but an organization that aims to create “more inclusive LGBT-friendly colleges and universities” says officials at those institutions have confirmed that they accept transgender applicants.

Continued below.
We'll see how this looks tomorrow when cardinal Fernandez releases his new missive that supposedly will touch on the same issue.

I'm not eager to read that document. So somebody tell me if it's so good it's a must read or so bad it's a must read. Otherwise I'd prefer to skip it.

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
We'll see how this looks tomorrow when cardinal Fernandez releases his new missive that supposedly will touch on the same issue.

I'm not eager to read that document. So somebody tell me if it's so good it's a must read or so bad it's a must read. Otherwise I'd prefer to skip it.
I accidentally wrote 'tomorrow' but it's Monday. So about one day and six hours. Happily I will be on a job all day and will have a reprieve.

Upvote 0