Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Colorado Springs suspect said they planned to be ‘the next mass killer’ during previous bombing threat

Aldrich, 22, was arrested in June 2021 on several counts of felony menacing and first-degree kidnapping after making threats that disrupted a residential street in Colorado Springs, Colo., and led to a standoff with authorities, the unsealed records show.

But the case was dismissed more than a year later in August 2022 because the victims — the suspect’s grandparents and mother — dodged subpoenas and did not cooperate with authorities

Judge Robin Lynn Chittum of the Fourth Judicial District ruled the seal [on the previous case] be lifted Thursday, saying public interest in the case outweighed the suspect’s right to privacy.

the incident began June 18 at Aldrich’s grandparents’ home in Colorado Springs, after Aldrich became furious when the grandparents said they were selling the house and moving to Florida. Aldrich told the grandparents, Pamela and Jonathan Pullen, not to move, because it “would interfere with [the suspect’s] plans to conduct a mass shooting and bombing,” the report said.

• Informative
Reactions: Don't Panic
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Club Q shooter’s lawyer used he/him pronouns in court after claiming killer is nonbinary

Was Anderson Aldrich's courtroom claim of nonbinary identity a strategy to get out of hate crimes charges or did Aldrich's lawyer misgender his client?

The next Monday [after the murders], Aldrich’s lawyer referred to Aldrich with he/him pronouns in court documents. Aldrich’s family and friends had referred to Aldrich the same way and no one who knew Aldrich before the shooting had ever mentioned Aldrich being anything other than a cisgender, heterosexual male.

But by the Tuesday after the shooting, Aldrich’s lawyer included a paragraph in a court document: “Anderson Aldrich is non-binary. They use they/them pronouns, and for the purposes of all formal filings, will be addressed as Mx. Aldrich.”

That was enough for many on the right to conclude that their anti-LGBTQ+ rhetoric – heightened this year by referring to LGBTQ+ people as “groomers” who want to turn kids gay or transgender – had nothing to do with the alleged anti-LGBTQ+ hate crime.

In video of the hearing, Aldrich’s lawyer can be heard referring to his client exclusively with he/him pronouns. Still, he also used the honorific “Mx.” Aldrich didn’t visibly react to the lawyer’s words.

It’s unclear whether the he/him pronouns are a sign that the lawyer abandoned portraying Aldrich as nonbinary as a possible strategy or if he was misgendering his client by incorrectly using the wrong pronouns.

The judge also referred to Aldrich with the word “he” and no one corrected the judge.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Club Q shooter’s lawyer used he/him pronouns in court after claiming killer is nonbinary

Was Anderson Aldrich's courtroom claim of nonbinary identity a strategy to get out of hate crimes charges or did Aldrich's lawyer misgender his client?

The next Monday [after the murders], Aldrich’s lawyer referred to Aldrich with he/him pronouns in court documents. Aldrich’s family and friends had referred to Aldrich the same way and no one who knew Aldrich before the shooting had ever mentioned Aldrich being anything other than a cisgender, heterosexual male.

But by the Tuesday after the shooting, Aldrich’s lawyer included a paragraph in a court document: “Anderson Aldrich is non-binary. They use they/them pronouns, and for the purposes of all formal filings, will be addressed as Mx. Aldrich.”

That was enough for many on the right to conclude that their anti-LGBTQ+ rhetoric – heightened this year by referring to LGBTQ+ people as “groomers” who want to turn kids gay or transgender – had nothing to do with the alleged anti-LGBTQ+ hate crime.

In video of the hearing, Aldrich’s lawyer can be heard referring to his client exclusively with he/him pronouns. Still, he also used the honorific “Mx.” Aldrich didn’t visibly react to the lawyer’s words.

It’s unclear whether the he/him pronouns are a sign that the lawyer abandoned portraying Aldrich as nonbinary as a possible strategy or if he was misgendering his client by incorrectly using the wrong pronouns.

The judge also referred to Aldrich with the word “he” and no one corrected the judge.
Good sign that this judge isn't affirming the woke angle that was being sought. He sees this guy for what he is, and calls him by the correct pronoun.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,338.00
Faith
Atheist
It's pronounced "Mix".
Thanks. I did some looking and there is some variety. The Cambridge Dictionary suggests that both Americans an UK use "mux" which I find completely ridiculous. Several places suggest "mex". But some do suggest "mix" and I prefer this as it has the same vowel sound as mister and miss.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,704.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Good sign that this judge isn't affirming the woke angle that was being sought. He sees this guy for what he is, and calls him by the correct pronoun.

Well if his lawyer called him that then there was no reason to call him anything else.

And if he wants to be non-binary and still call himself he/him no one here has a right challenge that right? I mean we can use whatever pronouns or other words we want to identify ourselves.

Is anyone here questioning him? I certainly hope not.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Good to see you coming around to accepting this.
The difference though is expecting/demanding other people to call us by alternate pronouns.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,325.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The difference though is expecting/demanding other people to call us by alternate pronouns.
The comment noted that surely no-one had the right to challenge a person's right to use whatever pronouns they wanted to identify themselves. I call that a step in the right direction. It's normally, and quite often, ridiculed.

Keep up the good work...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,325.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Right if h wants to be non binary and still say he's a he/him that makes perfect sense. Cause he still is a man which makes him a he/him.
He has the right to use any pronoun he chooses. You were quite clear on that and I agree with you.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
We really have no business telling other people what they can or cannot chose, or what they want to be called by, or how they can or cannot chose to live their life, etc, but I still do think we can warn them about the dangers of the sins that cause harm, etc, and ask them not to underestimate some of the things they might seem to be underestimating in those areas, such as sex outside of a serious commitment to only one other person at a time only, and other things, etc...

And I think we can warn them of the possible dangers of all the sins that might cause or might be doing serious harm, without condemning them forever, or seeming like we are trying to seriously judge them, or with any other behaviors/mannerisms/attitudes that might be or seem offensive to them, etc, or that might be very offensive to them, etc...

We are supposed to be doing it "in love" after all, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,704.00
Faith
Pentecostal
He has the right to use any pronoun he chooses. You were quite clear on that and I agree with you.

Of course he can use any nonsensical pronoun he wants to. He could use Fee Fie Foe or Fum if he wants. It Might make no sense, but there is no law prohibiting that.

I just don't want to be disciplined, chastised, fired or forced in any other way to call him that. There are a few real sex pronouns and I want to be free to use those based upon what I see.

Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course he can use any nonsensical pronoun he wants to. He could use Fee Fie Foe or Fum if he wants. It Might make no sense, but there is no law prohibiting that.

I just don't want to be disciplined, chastised, fired or forced in any other way to call him that. There are a few real sex pronouns and I want to be free to use those based upon what I see.
Your “truth” is the “only truth”?
How nice that must be for you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,325.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Of course he can use any nonsensical pronoun he wants to.

Exactly the way I see it. If someone wants to be non-binary and still call himself he/him no one here has a right challenge that right.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Would you prefer an "alternative truth"? That used to be frowned on, but I suppose it could make a comeback. It would probably be Misinformation, but you can call it whatever you want.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Exactly the way I see it. If someone wants to be non-binary and still call himself he/him no one here has a right challenge that right.
The question is why did the lawyer stipulate "they/them" only to never follow through?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Believe it or not, I agree with you. They can call themselves whatever they want. The problem begins when they start demanding that I refer to them by something other than what they obviously are. If Bob says he's a girl, then good for him. If Bob demands that I refer to him as a girl, and I choose not to, I'm not violating Bob in any way. But if Bob starts using physical or legal means to coerce me into calling him a girl, or tries to get me fired from my job for it, then I have a problem with that because he'd be violating my rights in doing so.

Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,704.00
Faith
Pentecostal

Yes there is only one scientific truth. There are males and females. Males are he/him and females are she/her. Multiples are they/them. Thats it. Anything else is pure nonsense and I don't want to be forced into participating in it.

Upvote 0