Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes there is only one scientific truth. There are males and females. Males are he/him and females are she/her. Multiples are they/them. Thats it. Anything else is pure nonsense and I don't want to be forced into participating in it.
Imagine what our English teachers would have said back when we were in grade school.
I shudder to think of what they have to teach children now.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,299.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Believe it or not, I agree with you. They can call themselves whatever they want. The problem begins when they start demanding that I refer to them by something other than what they obviously are. If Bob says he's a girl, then good for him. If Bob demands that I refer to him as a girl, and I choose not to, I'm not violating Bob in any way. But if Bob starts using physical or legal means to coerce me into calling him a girl, or tries to get me fired from my job for it, then I have a problem with that because he'd be violating my rights in doing so.
You, of course, when introduced to someone always ask 'Have you always been this particular gender?'

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,299.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The question is why did the lawyer stipulate "they/them" only to never follow through?
I personally think it was an initial attempt to avoid an additional charge of a hate crime. But then realised it wouldn't fly. So has abandoned it.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,694.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You, of course, when introduced to someone always ask 'Have you always been this particular gender?'

Why would you have to ask that? We never had to ask a person that before. We just referred to people as he/him, she/her and they/them for plural etc.

We chose by their name and what they looked like.

Listen, if somebody was born a man and but decided they were a woman and he changed his name to Lucy and he looked just like a woman and I had no clue I'd call him a she/her.

But if he looked like a dude and he introduced himself as Lucy I'd call him a he/him. Cause thats what he looks like. My best friend had a daughter who is transgender. She had top surgery and got hormones and calls himself Quinn. I call him Quinn. He has facial hair and everything.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are you serious? It's hard to tell anymore.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,694.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Are you serious? It's hard to tell anymore.

I don't think so. I still think it's easy to tell the difference the vast majority of the time. Once in a while you may run into a trans person that really look like the opposite sex, but 99% of the time they still look like the sex they were born with. And if they really do look like a woman or a man and they are not, I don't really have an issue calling them what they look like. Why wouldn't I if I wouldn't know?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't think so. I still think it's easy to tell the difference the vast majority of the time. Once in a while you may run into a trans person that really look like the opposite sex, but 99% of the time they still look like the sex they were born with. And if they really do look like a woman or a man and they are not, I don't really have an issue calling them what they look like. Why wouldn't I if I wouldn't know?
True enough.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,299.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Listen, if somebody was born a man and but decided they were a woman and he changed his name to Lucy and he looked just like a woman and I had no clue I'd call him a she/her.
Then There's no problem.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
But if he looked like a dude and he introduced himself as Lucy I'd call him a he/him.
Why not just humor them and call them what they want? Does it affect you in any way either way?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,694.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Then There's no problem.

There's all kinds of problems.

I've maintained that the problem is not adults making their own decisions. It's adults helping kids make bad decisions.

The second problem is adults demanding we call them something they absolutely do not look like. And wanting to punish others when they do not.

A third problem is men participating in women's sports.

A fourth problem is males demanding to use locker rooms and showers with females.

So yes there still are problems.

Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,299.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
...adults demanding we call them something they absolutely do not look like. And wanting to punish others when they do not.

'Hey, the new girl in accounts looks like a man. I'm going to use he and him when referring to that person'.

Really?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,694.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Why not just humor them and call them what they want? Does it affect you in any way either way?

A flat denial of reality hurts all of us. Because if we can deny reality there is no reality for any of us. Society breaks down when there is no reality.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
A flat denial of reality hurts all of us. Because if we can deny reality there is no reality for any of us. Society breaks down when there is no reality.
So in your "society" there is no place for the transgendered?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,694.00
Faith
Pentecostal
'Hey, the new girl in accounts looks like a man. I'm going to use he and him when referring to that person'.

Really?

Yes. We have done this throughout the history of the human race we can tell 99% it more of the time if someone is a man or woman. It's not that hard. I've lived quite a while and have no difficulty doing so.

Like I said if she really has gone through the changing process and really looks like a woman then I would have no idea. I just call it like I see it.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,694.00
Faith
Pentecostal
So in your "society" there is no place for the transgendered?

I've been consistent in this. The transgendered have a mental illness and as such we need to have compassionate n for them, but compassion NEVER requires us to go along with delusion. We do not do that with ANY other delusional person.

However, if a transgendered person undergoes all the procedures to alter their bodies to look like and represent as a female then we can call them as they appear. If they've gone to that extent to alter everything then I don't see why not. I would never know.

But if they look like a dude and have all the dude parts then they do not belong in a woman's locker room or women's sports and we should be free to call them a dude and use male pronouns.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I've been consistent in this. The transgendered have a mental illness and as such we need to have compassionate n for them, but compassion NEVER requires us to go along with delusion. We do not do that with ANY other delusional person.

However, if a transgendered person undergoes all the procedures to alter their bodies to look like and represent as a female then we can call them as they appear. If they've gone to that extent to alter everything then I don't see why not. I would never know.

But if they look like a dude and have all the dude parts then they do not belong in a woman's locker room or women's sports and we should be free to call them a dude and use male pronouns.
Why not use the pronoun they would prefer? Would it affect you in any way?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,299.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes. We have done this throughout the history of the human race we can tell 99% it more of the time if someone is a man or woman. It's not that hard. I've lived quite a while and have no difficulty doing so.

Like I said if she really has gone through the changing process and really looks like a woman then I would have no idea. I just call it like I see it.

'Why are using 'him' to refer to Mary?'
'Because Mary looks like a man.'
'But it's incredibly upsetting to her'.
'Hey, that doesn't worry me. I just call it as I see it.'

I think that anyone taking that position would be justly ridiculed and ostracized.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
'Why are using 'him' to refer to Mary?'
'Because Mary looks like a man.'
'But it's incredibly upsetting to her'.
'Hey, that doesn't worry me. I just call it as I see it.'

I think that anyone taking that position would be justly ridiculed and ostracized.
Sounds like "Mary" should take a look in the mirror and accept reality rather than insisting society play out his fantasy.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,338.00
Faith
Atheist
Sounds like "Mary" should take a look in the mirror and accept reality rather than insisting society play out his fantasy.
What if Mary was born with female parts, identifies as female, and your stupid perceptions clocks her as male?

Reactions: MotoToTheMax
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What if Mary was born with female parts, identifies as female, and your stupid perceptions clocks her as male?
That's a big "what if".
Let's stick with reality, not denial.

• Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0