The Fairy Ring
✟101,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Well, if short men aren't being made fun of, there are a lot of single women out there that find height being an important physical factor in a partner.
I myself really don't understand this. It wouldn't phase me if a fellow was shorter than me and I'm not very tall myself. ^_^ lol. Regardless, I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about this since you likely won't be dating anyone with such views anyway. The right person will come along and then none of what the others thought will matter anymore I am sure.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I myself really don't understand this. It wouldn't phase me if a fellow was shorter than me and I'm not very tall myself. ^_^ lol. Regardless, I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about this since you likely won't be dating anyone with such views anyway. The right person will come along and then none of what the others thought will matter anymore I am sure.

Good point. With online dating, it's become a weeding out parameter for women as they receive so many messages anyways. They can't respond to everyone, so they have to use certain parameters to make it easier for them. Therein lies the challenge of online dating.

Women that HAVE gone out with me, were ones that honestly upfront mentioned to me that they don't care at all or not much about looks, and those are unicorns. lol

Upvote 0

christiansoccerplayer

Aug 6, 2013
✟46,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Once you reach a certain age, dating becomes very hard if not impossible.
And I seriously doubt you are at that 'age'. Maybe dating is much more difficultwhen you are my age (44) but not at 29 or 30, 31

• Friendly
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

christiansoccerplayer

Aug 6, 2013
✟46,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sure. Height, weight, income, hair, teeth, clothes, car, house...

Even totally average women chase after/respond only to the top 5% of men. Its backed up by dating apps data.

Therefore there is no meaning in being on a dating app, for average guys. You will get no response or just one word responses.
I've gotten worse on dating app: Scammers, gold diggers.
Dating apps suck. I mean really, suck. going by my experience, I don't see how a lot of guys meet their partners or spouses on there.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟202,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
*sits down and listens to DragonFox's tale of woe with a highly sympathetic expression* I feel you, man, and this is a great forum thread. You had me on the edge of my seat wondering if you were going to get the girl.

Let me tell you, the desire you are feeling for a spouse and your depression over not getting one is 100 percent totally normal. You're not desperate, you're just in agony. Desperate guys troll bars to get women and they compromise their values to get relationships. They start toxic drama scenes with girls, pointless arguments to get her to stay around and fulfill their insecurities. They will do anything to get a relationship, and that is not you. Directing that desire for a spouse toward God is called the Gift of Singleness and not having that desire in the first place is a component of asexuality.

Sitting here in this chair, I can tell you that not having the desire to be married at all has not done me any favors, and has saddled me with other problems, like being attracted to the wrong people because I haven't cared about relationship compatibility. At least you care and have an emotional baseline for who is good for you - I have to rebuild what you have naturally in order to function in a relationship using my brain and logic and all of that to accommodate my romantic side.

So there is nothing wrong with you. You are not broken, and God is 100 percent on your side too. Check out this verse:

Psalm 37:3-5

Trust in the Lord and do good;
Live in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself in the Lord;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him, and He will do it.

God placed the desire for female companionship in your heart.

Genesis 2:18
Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.”

Proverbs 18:22
He who finds a wife finds a good thing
And obtains favor from the Lord.

So it's not God, and it's not you. The girls around you just aren't into you, bro. You probably need to move. That's what I need to do, since the only 2 single guys at my church clearly aren't interested in me. There's not really their fault or my fault - I walked straight up to one of those guys - cool nerd glasses and a leather jacket, but I couldn't get him to talk.

The other one I prayed with and I haven't seen him since. There's no over-spiritualizing the issue, there's no "getting over" these feelings - again, totally normal for a male human being. And the over spiritualizing thing affects girls as much as guys. I heard from a few of my female friends that women spend thousands of dollars on Christian marriage seminars to improve themselves to get them the One. I'd actually like to see some of you dissatisfied men actually go to these seminars, even just to sit in the parking lot outside. It would be funny to see women who believe that they are somehow spiritually inadequate for an embrace turn down the genuine article when it's right in front of their noses. *grabs popcorn* You might even pick up your wife that way if you can debate her out of the idea that she isn't a spiritual and relationship failure and that you actually find her attractive.

Single Christian girls also hang in Weird Christian Twitter, too.

You might have a problem with the group switch thing, but the solution there is to be a bit more aggressive, and recognize if a gal is like you and looking for marriage, she's not going to stand around and wait for you to ask for her number - she'll just move on to the next guy who does. For every girl, you only get one chance to say "Hey, I'm looking for a lady friend and I think we have something good going here, may I have your number please so we can get together one-on-one?" Again, you are not the problem, the problem is the problem - you don't have the gal's number, and your emotional system doesn't like asking for it. Your fallen emotions aren't you. Your body is a wounded animal, but you are not a broken man, you are a new creature in Christ. You tell the wounded animal to shove it and you get it the female bath it wants.

You are ready for a relationship. Search the whole world until you find your girl and go get her. I'd start with a Christian marriage seminar. I found a good prospect at one a few years back - unfortunately he was leaving for Japan and I was tied down with school.

And my3, nobody dates the unattractive girls. I'm still treating the acne on my face and working on my wardrobe, and I haven't seen any dates in 4 years or so, and that is if you count the time the student council president of my community college arranged to go hiking with me after seeing my legs in gym class and mysteriously paid for my lunch as a date. Throw that out, and I've never had one. Other women have told me I'm attractive, but that is a pack of lies. The guys haven't cared since I had to beat off their stupid desperation in 8th grade. I haven't put enough work into makeup, working out, or dressing right, and girls have to work for relationships just like guys do.

It's nice and convenient to blame the opposite gender when you aren't getting what you want from them, but the real change comes when you are start thinking about the opposite gender's needs instead of your raging passion for a spouse. Sure, I want a guy to talk with me for hours and rub my shoulders and cuddle me, but I know that isn't what he wants - he wants to kiss an acne-less face and spend some time with well-sculpted legs. So I think I need to work on those things, and I have concluded that it's unrealistic to expect getting what I want from a guy romantically unless I'm willing to live up to my end of the bargain.

Meanwhile, what are you dudes talking about with "traditional values"? I'd like to be clear on the term. In my world that means the girl basically becomes a stay-at-home mom and basically mortgages her entire life for the kids. She submits her entire life to her husband and gets no interests beyond what her husband approves of. Granted, my example of that was my parents' ugly relationship, but I keep seeing that dynamic in ladies' Bible studies and it sounds like a real drag. Make no mistake - I want a real marriage because I want to spend some quality emotional investment inside my man's head and I don't see any point in doing it otherwise, but there has to be something better than the kid-obsessed, empty life I see so many young moms leading. If my husband is going to slam me for typing a poem while breastfeeding because that's not traditional, I have a door for him to walk out of before we even have a kid. Sorry. Just because I have romantic feels doesn't mean I don't get to live my life.

Anyway, that's my $0.02, fine gentlemen of the thread. Take it or leave it, and may the Lord be with you.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Linux I was wondering if you were going to post! For now I'll just keep a response short.

Traditional values:
go to church & is believer
modesty
Family first
Not into violent/sexual/etc. movies, tv shows, music
Not into drugs
Polite & patient
Doesn't swear
Hobbies are simple like reading, going for walks, etc.

There's marriage seminars for singles (people who aren't even in a relationship)?

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟202,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
There's marriage seminars for singles (people who aren't even in a relationship)?
Yes, definitely. I attended one a few years ago entitled "What do you expect?" at my church. The emphasis was on how to select and be a good spouse, education on what marriage actually entails, that sort of thing. I attended it after my first severe romantic attraction situation as matter of prudence.

But you'll likely want to aim bigger. Google is your friend, I think. "marriage seminars for Christian singles", "christian seminars for single women" - those terms should be a start.

I know that won't work for me because I like to get to know my gentlemen friends before romance is even on the table, but there are girls out there pining away for a husband, man. You just have to go get 'em.

Hi Linux I was wondering if you were going to post!
It's important with these sensitive subjects for me to listen and pay attention to what is being said. I'm kind of sorry for the high reaction amount, but I want my brothers in Christ to know that they are being seen and heard, and that their emotions are totally valid.

I think I might be "non-traditional". Or at least, "semi-traditional", as in a semi-truck crashing through some of your values and leaving them behind. :p I appreciate the education, and I won't be using that word to describe myself when it's not what I'm looking for.

Family first
I don't think I understand fully what this word means, but I'm pretty sure I'm not it. I'm not going to be sacrificing missionary work and the cause of Christ to make children my top priority. Children need to see that God is number one, and they are not, as a witness to the Gospel.

Not into violent/sexual/etc. movies, tv shows, music
I am definitely not a sheltering type, sorry. My little ones are going to get an age-appropriate education, at every age, about how to deal with the big bad wolves of the world. I'd happily pass on the movies and TV and use headphones around the kids when they aren't ready to rock just yet, but this seems to indicate a lack of trust in children's intellect I'm not ready to embrace.

Doesn't swear
I grew up with parents who swore at me, so it still comes out when I'm losing an online chess match or I stub my toe. I think people who over-use it need to go back to the factory and get a new vocabulary, and I've never had a problem with anti-swearing rules online, but censoring myself when I'm engaging in human intimacy with another human being just feels wrong to me.

Hobbies are simple like reading, going for walks, etc.
*yawns* Boring. I'm sure all she reads is good Christian books too. No murder mysteries, no books on chess, no humanity. Well, the type is still out there, but I can't say I'm a Martha Peace fan. You might try for one of those, or a sewist or quilt artist. There's a reason why I've largely ditched the sewing, even though I'm good at it. I want a more interesting life.

The rest I don't have any sort of problem with. Modest is easy for this lady and Jesus Christ is number one. God first, children. Let us conquer the evil hordes! :D

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, definitely. I attended one a few years ago entitled "What do you expect?" at my church. The emphasis was on how to select and be a good spouse, education on what marriage actually entails, that sort of thing. I attended it after my first severe romantic attraction situation as matter of prudence.

But you'll likely want to aim bigger. Google is your friend, I think. "marriage seminars for Christian singles", "christian seminars for single women" - those terms should be a start.
Interesting. It would take guts for me to go!

It's important with these sensitive subjects for me to listen and pay attention to what is being said. I'm kind of sorry for the high reaction amount, but I want my brothers in Christ to know that they are being seen and heard, and that their emotions are totally valid.
Thank you for recognizing it is a sensitive subject. It's not always easy for me to deal w/. A lot of people don't recognize that, they just want me to brush it off. I have been good lately, so praise for that. Also appreciate you taking the time to read it all. I am sure it was gripping.:tonguewink:

I think I might be "non-traditional". Or at least, "semi-traditional", as in a semi-truck crashing through some of your values and leaving them behind. :p I appreciate the education, and I won't be using that word to describe myself when it's not what I'm looking for.
You have a lot of the basics but maybe a warped view on some of them.

I don't think I understand fully what this word means, but I'm pretty sure I'm not it. I'm not going to be sacrificing missionary work and the cause of Christ to make children my top priority. Children need to see that God is number one, and they are not, as a witness to the Gospel.
Parents are responsible for children. Traditional people place high priority for them & don't abandon them. BUT family first is more then that. Family first means closeness to family. This includes parents, in-laws, siblings, etc.

I am definitely not a sheltering type, sorry. My little ones are going to get an age-appropriate education, at every age, about how to deal with the big bad wolves of the world. I'd happily pass on the movies and TV and use headphones around the kids when they aren't ready to rock just yet, but this seems to indicate a lack of trust in children's intellect I'm not ready to embrace.
I meant not liking edgy things bc they are edgy & having a preference for those.
I definitely agree sheltering or babying kids is a no-no. The problem is if you shelter or baby kids, they'll eventually come across situations they weren't prepared to deal w/. Like other kids who weren't sheltered & babied & had to learn things the hard way or for themselves.

I grew up with parents who swore at me, so it still comes out when I'm losing an online chess match or I stub my toe. I think people who over-use it need to go back to the factory and get a new vocabulary, and I've never had a problem with anti-swearing rules online, but censoring myself when I'm engaging in human intimacy with another human being just feels wrong to me.
Dropping a swear word or 2 once in a while is okay. It's non-traditional when every other sentence is a swear word.
Agree on the bolded :smilingimp::fearscream:
Traditional people recognize there's times & places for it & can control it.

*yawns* Boring. I'm sure all she reads is good Christian books too. No murder mysteries, no books on chess, no humanity. Well, the type is still out there, but I can't say I'm a Martha Peace fan. You might try for one of those, or a sewist or quilt artist. There's a reason why I've largely ditched the sewing, even though I'm good at it. I want a more interesting life.
Hobbies was one I wasn't sure of putting or not. Every traditional person has different hobbies. I know lots of traditional women like hunting & shooting guns for example, but that's neither something I care for nor consider simple. Most traditional people value reading & knowledge. Subject or genre isn't as important b/c a variety is read.

So when me & others say we're finding a lot of non traditional girls, we're finding girls who swear like sailors, like raunchy music, don't go to church, don't care for their families, are really into drinking & drugs, etc.

The rest I don't have any sort of problem with. Modest is easy for this lady and Jesus Christ is number one. God first, children. Let us conquer the evil hordes! :D
Yay!

• Friendly
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And my3, nobody dates the unattractive girls. I'm still treating the acne on my face and working on my wardrobe, and I haven't seen any dates in 4 years or so, and that is if you count the time the student council president of my community college arranged to go hiking with me after seeing my legs in gym class and mysteriously paid for my lunch as a date. Throw that out, and I've never had one. Other women have told me I'm attractive, but that is a pack of lies. The guys haven't cared since I had to beat off their stupid desperation in 8th grade. I haven't put enough work into makeup, working out, or dressing right, and girls have to work for relationships just like guys do.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking care of yourself and wanting to better your appearance. But I hate the idea that we have to be perfect, shiny specimens before anyone will give attention. It's just not realistic. The acne and not-so-perfect wardrobe is realistic. If you are going to be married to someone, get used to that stuff.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟202,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Interesting. It would take guts for me to go!
I expected that it would, but it’s probably just a larger version of the singles ministry you’ve been going to, with more girls.

Right now I see you talking about “things that aren’t working”. Anxiety and fear aren’t things, in my experience, that are just solved by quick fixes. They are things you have to fight, monsters you have to defeat and pull apart.

So my recommendation is that you need to ease into this. Go to the seminar at first, but don’t approach any of the girls unless you feel up to it. Note what you’re most scared of and deal with the event situation first, because there is going to be problems and surprises the first time you go. You don’t want to be dealing with the additional pressure of approaching a girl when you’re first navigating an unfamiliar situation. Once you’ve dealt with the event anxiety and can navigate that situation with some confidence, then you can move on to approaching a gal.

Your anxiety may want to make you rush into the approach of the girl because it wants to escape from the seminar lol, and that might actually work, but probably not. I would focus on thwacking the mental health problem first instead of coming off terrified to your future girlfriend. You don’t want to seem out of control. Yes, the girl is a valid goal - let us not minimize that - but in dealing with your anxiety you are making progress in dating and toward the marriage you seek.

No matter what, regardless if you get the girl or not, confronting your fear and anxiety is the right answer.

2 Timothy 1:7

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

May the Lord bless you for not letting your fear hold you down in misery. Through all of your so-called “failed attempts” I see you improving against your fear. You are making progress, and attending a marriage seminar would further that progress, I think.

I also would let a trusted male friend come with me, if I were you, and let my therapist in on this. I used to have horrendous panic attacks, and it always helped me to have someone to talk to me about whatever I was scared of at the moment, because they could provide me with another perspective which was closer to reality than what my warped intuition was seeing. Up to you though.

A lot of people don't recognize that, they just want me to brush it off.

Yeah, those people aren’t doing anyone any favors. They are probably responsible for why I didn’t figure out my orientation until I was 26. The key is to listen. Human sexuality is a highly complex experience and there are so many factors that play in, and it’s highly emotional. You don’t know them all without listening to what the other person has to say and letting them talk without judging them.

Family first means closeness to family. This includes parents, in-laws, siblings, etc.
Given that my dad was screaming at me on the regular and threatening eviction and starvation against me if I didn’t magically become a computer programmer, it’s a work in progress. He’s much better now, but I’m still not feeling very happy about inviting him over. I still wouldn’t feel good about leaving him alone with my kids. My mom was/is codependent, but at least she loves kids and is a decent human.

I’m reasonably close to my brother who I live with, but he’s an introvert. My favorite aunt and uncle died of cancer and the grandparents are unbelievers. Everyone else lives far away so I haven’t kept track - one depressed aunt with cancer and another with type 1 diabetes who keeps dancing with the grave. So like idk, not much practice, I guess?

I meant not liking edgy things bc they are edgy & having a preference for those.
No way. If I like something that is edgy, it’s for another reason than the edginess. But I do like edgy things.

So when me & others say we're finding a lot of non traditional girls, we're finding girls who swear like sailors, like raunchy music, don't go to church, don't care for their families, are really into drinking & drugs, etc.
That’s not me at all.

(I go to church every Sunday and wouldn’t drink alcohol if you paid me to do it. Fam’s got a history of alcoholism.)

There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking care of yourself and wanting to better your appearance. But I hate the idea that we have to be perfect, shiny specimens before anyone will give attention. It's just not realistic. The acne and not-so-perfect wardrobe is realistic. If you are going to be married to someone, get used to that stuff.
I wasn’t expecting my husband to have an encyclopedic knowledge of moisturizers lol. Though I would prefer that he didn’t have large zits because I enjoy squeezing them and I would rather not do that to someone else against their will. Seeing them on guys for me is actually tempting in a dark way…it’s best not to feed my sadistic self, heh.

But that’s my issue, and it’s not a dealbreaker.

I agree that we don’t need to be perfect to get married, but my wardrobe isn’t even trying for average. You don’t know what’s up, so don’t worry about it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am sad. I feel terrible. It never changes. I don't know what to do. Nothing I try works. I hate all of this. It's all a waste of time.:sob:

I feel so terrible. It hurts. I am sad.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I wish I was good enough for one :(
I expected that it would, but it’s probably just a larger version of the singles ministry you’ve been going to, with more girls.

Right now I see you talking about “things that aren’t working”. Anxiety and fear aren’t things, in my experience, that are just solved by quick fixes. They are things you have to fight, monsters you have to defeat and pull apart.

So my recommendation is that you need to ease into this. Go to the seminar at first, but don’t approach any of the girls unless you feel up to it. Note what you’re most scared of and deal with the event situation first, because there is going to be problems and surprises the first time you go. You don’t want to be dealing with the additional pressure of approaching a girl when you’re first navigating an unfamiliar situation. Once you’ve dealt with the event anxiety and can navigate that situation with some confidence, then you can move on to approaching a gal.

Your anxiety may want to make you rush into the approach of the girl because it wants to escape from the seminar lol, and that might actually work, but probably not. I would focus on thwacking the mental health problem first instead of coming off terrified to your future girlfriend. You don’t want to seem out of control. Yes, the girl is a valid goal - let us not minimize that - but in dealing with your anxiety you are making progress in dating and toward the marriage you seek.

No matter what, regardless if you get the girl or not, confronting your fear and anxiety is the right answer.

2 Timothy 1:7

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I bet it'd be good for me. I'll keep my eyes open at church to see if one is presented. I wonder if there'd be things requiring partner or group work at them......

May the Lord bless you for not letting your fear hold you down in misery. Through all of your so-called “failed attempts” I see you improving against your fear. You are making progress, and attending a marriage seminar would further that progress, I think.
I've come a long ways but it's never good enough. :(

Yeah, those people aren’t doing anyone any favors. They are probably responsible for why I didn’t figure out my orientation until I was 26. The key is to listen. Human sexuality is a highly complex experience and there are so many factors that play in, and it’s highly emotional. You don’t know them all without listening to what the other person has to say and letting them talk without judging them.
They don't understand it's frustration built up over time. A lot of times it's just a bad thought that passes on. Only to come again later again unfortunately.

Given that my dad was screaming at me on the regular and threatening eviction and starvation against me if I didn’t magically become a computer programmer, it’s a work in progress. He’s much better now, but I’m still not feeling very happy about inviting him over. I still wouldn’t feel good about leaving him alone with my kids. My mom was/is codependent, but at least she loves kids and is a decent human.
That is understandable.

I’m reasonably close to my brother who I live with, but he’s an introvert. My favorite aunt and uncle died of cancer and the grandparents are unbelievers. Everyone else lives far away so I haven’t kept track - one depressed aunt with cancer and another with type 1 diabetes who keeps dancing with the grave. So like idk, not much practice, I guess?
That too

No way. If I like something that is edgy, it’s for another reason than the edginess. But I do like edgy things.
The correct attitude is one that recognizes what's appropriate & what's not. I was saying this another thread: It does us no good to hide & pretend edgy things aren't out there. It might seem anti-Bible, but a lot can be learned from highly secular things.

That’s not me at all.
Good!

(I go to church every Sunday and wouldn’t drink alcohol if you paid me to do it. Fam’s got a history of alcoholism.)
Alcohol can be a controversial subject in churches. Some are fine w/ it, other's aren't. I think the churches that are fine w/ it should be a little stricter on it.

I wasn’t expecting my husband to have an encyclopedic knowledge of moisturizers lol. Though I would prefer that he didn’t have large zits because I enjoy squeezing them and I would rather not do that to someone else against their will.
Whaaaaat?

I agree that we don’t need to be perfect to get married, but my wardrobe isn’t even trying for average. You don’t know what’s up, so don’t worry about it.
Every-day wear has taken over.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sermon notes:

-reccomended books

-Cultural perspective: Singleness on rise, average age 1st marriage 28. Skepticism from singles about divorces. Church not always affirming to singles - ‘I feel most single at church’,

-Historical perspective: unheard of to be single in Bible times. Singleness considered more spiritual for a time (monks, nuns, priests).

- Genesis 2: created for community

Matthew 19: disciples shocked & say it’s better not to be married in response to Jesus’s words. 3 different kinds: by choice, by others choice, by birth. Jesus equates singles to eunuchs, displays that call to single is celibacy, completely contrary to culture’s which is anything goes for singles. Jesus says Singleness is not for everyone. Singleness is for those to whom it has been given. Can be used for kingdom effectiveness, not to be used to avoid responsibilities. Noble calling to be single, they don’t need fixing.

1 Corinthians 7: Everyone assigned to different marital statuses. You’re not where you are by accident. ‘If you have sexual desire, pursue marriage’. Wisdom decision, not moral. Paul focuses on opportunities for singles.

Do's:
Think properly

Do not find core identity in marriage or sexuality

View church as family

Pastor encouraged married’s to put yourself in the shoes of singles & include them & treat them w/ dignity

See marriage as sign-post us to our true union w/ God thru Christ. Jesus single & came as the bridegroom. Singles are not missing out.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I listened to a sermon on Abraham's test. The pastor noted that after the test, the Bible goes to a genealogy of Rebekah. This shows us that God was already preparing Rebekah for Isaac

• Informative
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Notes from a sermon I listened to:
Search for bride for Isaac compares to Jesus & his bride (the church)
Search shows God fulfilling his promise to Abraham
God asks Isaac not to marry Caananites – God cares about who believers seek out for marriage. Can’t just marry anyone.
Would be very easy for Isaac to marry a Caanaite
Even today God wants to continue godly line
Lie: “it’s impossible to find a girl growing in Christ”
If we are miserable it’s our choice.
Saturate the entire process w/ prayer
Abraham’s servant prays for girl who meets traits one will need for God’s promise to Abraham to be fulfilled
May seem like God instantly fulfilled the prayer, but Isaac was in 40s.
Isaac trusts God Rebecca is right one
Finding one who is godly is cause for thanksgiving, rejoicing, & worship

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am sad. I feel terrible. It never changes. I don't know what to do. Nothing I try works. I hate all of this. It's all a waste of time.:sob:

I feel so terrible. It hurts. I am sad.

Are you sure that you're not simply overlooking women who are into you? From my recent interactions with you it seems like you really prefer a proper Christian woman and feel that most "Christian" women are simply "lukewarm". I fear that you might be writing off potential prospects and even maybe not acknowledging the prospects you do have.

I have a difficult time believing that a single man in his early 30s with a good job is not at least garnering a little attention from women; especially women who are 30+. Men who are over the age of 29 should be hitting a dating stage in their life where the dynamics flip, with women striving more for our attention than the other way around.

I know you said you look like Bill Gates, but I don't see why that matters. He's not an ugly guy or anything. Simple modifying of appearance with clothing and hairstyles can drastically change the overall vibe of a person anyways.

I don't like seeing you like this, because I don't think you really need to be feeling this way.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.