Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am totally stuck. IDK what to do. Nothing I try works.

And I don't get why this is such a struggle for many people. It's like you're either someone going on a date once a week, or you're lucky if someone says Hi back. It's beyond frustrating, it's depressing, it's demoralizing. Where are so many people going wrong???? It seems like so many of them are doing everything right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It’s impossible to get a thorough assessment without interaction. Whether that’s physical or Skype is up to the person. You need to see them, listen to their discourse, and observe their body language.

That’s what the opposite sex encounters. Many people are more comfortable expressing themselves in text and don’t behave the same in person.

As for your question, the biggest contributors to singleness are:
  • Unrealistic expectations
  • Unrealistic targets
  • Unattractiveness
  • Insecurity
  • Lack of confidence
  • Poor communication skills
  • Desperation
  • Bad attitude
  • Limited finances
  • Mental health challenges
  • Health problems
Everyone has struggles. Some impact the dating process more than others. We’re choosing the flaws we can live with.

~bella

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It’s impossible to get a thorough assessment without interaction. Whether that’s physical or Skype is up to the person. You need to see them, listen to their discourse, and observe their body language.

That’s what the opposite sex encounters. Many people are more comfortable expressing themselves in text and don’t behave the same in person.

As for your question, the biggest contributors to singleness are:
  • Unrealistic expectations
  • Unrealistic targets
  • Unattractiveness
  • Insecurity
  • Lack of confidence
  • Poor communication skills
  • Desperation
  • Bad attitude
  • Limited finances
  • Mental health challenges
  • Health problems
Everyone has struggles. Some impact the dating process more than others. We’re choosing the flaws we can live with.

~bella
I feel like you have to be perfect. If not you don't have a chance.

But then I guess I see all kinds of people - some w/ all those above attributes - in relationships, & I just want to bang my head against the wall.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I feel like you have to be perfect. If not you don't have a chance.

But then I guess I see all kinds of people - some w/ all those above attributes - in relationships, & I just want to bang my head against the wall.

We don’t have to be perfect. Your observations are correct. People mate with those issues and more.

We’re looking for investors. Someone willing to commit in spite of our shortcomings. The pluses must outweigh the minuses in their eyes. That’s it in the nutshell.

You’re touching on something I’ve mentioned in the past. If singles were guided by Christian principles the majority would be paired. If Christlikeness was the lone barometer everyone could find a partner.

It’s the other stuff keeping you single. We’re all sinners with stumbling blocks. No one would be left out if we saw our brothers and sisters as God does. You’d accept the imperfection and trust Him with it.

Saying it is easier than walking it out. ;)

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We don’t have to be perfect. Your observations are correct. People mate with those issues and more.

We’re looking for investors. Someone willing to commit in spite of our shortcomings. The pluses must outweigh the minuses in their eyes. That’s it in the nutshell.
That & some unforgivables are forgivable depending on the person. Doesn't mean they're settling. Just that for whatever reason, they're able to see the person as God does.

You’re touching on something I’ve mentioned in the past. If singles were guided by Christian principles the majority would be paired. If Christlikeness was the lone barometer everyone could find a partner.

It’s the other stuff keeping you single. We’re all sinners with stumbling blocks. No one would be left out if we saw our brothers and sisters as God does. You’d accept the imperfection and trust Him with it.

Saying it is easier than walking it out. ;)
Definitely. I agree. I've thought it too. But we're part of the world.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
That & some unforgivables are forgivable depending on the person. Doesn't mean they're settling. Just that for whatever reason, they're able to see the person as God does.

Exactly. I’ve stepped outside my comfort zone many times.

Definitely. I agree. I've thought it too. But we're part of the world.

True. I’ve encountered a lot of financial/career insecurity. Trying to find the needle in the haystack is tiring. I’m making it hard on myself. The solution is simple.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Also, in the long-term God may have won, but at the "expense" of everyone losing and suffering in the shorter term here. You can't restore or reverse the consequences of some things, like if any kind of sexuality and relationship structures are wiped out in the afterlife.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Also, in the long-term God may have won, but at the "expense" of everyone losing and suffering in the shorter term here. You can't restore or reverse the consequences of some things, like if any kind of sexuality and relationship structures are wiped out in the afterlife.
Everyone?

But for a lot of people, it's their choice if they want to lose & suffer. Some people, traumas & struggles draw them closer to God.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Everyone?

But for a lot of people, it's their choice if they want to lose & suffer. Some people, traumas & struggles draw them closer to God.
I guess "everyone" was a little exaggerated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
At this point I just want God to bring a partner of my kind of preference directly to me. It's getting too late on this planet, and according to Revelation things are going to literally be Hell on earth. So on either side it looks like I potentially can't fulfill my dream desires at all.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
At this point I just want God to bring a partner of my kind of preference directly to me. It's getting too late on this planet, and according to Revelation things are going to literally be Hell on earth. So on either side it looks like I potentially can't fulfill my dream desires at all.
If you're thinking that, you're probably not in a state that would benefit the girl. Don't you want to be the best you can be for her?

Also, you're focusing too much on the End Times. Live life. God calls us to enjoy it.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maybe I'm too traditional. IDK. I can't compromise my beliefs tho. I wouldn't be happy w/ that.
Who are you responding to? Also, I am traditional in many things, even though on some other things I'm closer to liberal on.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

If the world is ending why do your preferences matter?

• Agree
Reactions: Isaiah 2:22
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Who are you responding to? Also, I am traditional in many things, even though on some other things I'm closer to liberal on.
I'm not responding to anyone. It's my thread, & I had that thought & wanted to post it, so posted it. But thank you for responding ;)

Being traditional, I mean in regards to my religious beliefs. Those probably do hurt to an extent.

Upvote 0

Isaiah 2:22

Jun 4, 2016
Canada
✟17,022.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Maybe I'm too traditional. IDK. I can't compromise my beliefs tho. I wouldn't be happy w/ that.

I very much doubt this. There are many people out there who value tradition and want a traditional partner. It's just finding them that is tough.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"Put yourself out there" :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I'd just stress to those in college & younger, work your tail off to find future wife when you're young, b/c when you get older, it ain't happening, you don't have a prayer. So whatever it may be: bars, church groups, school, extracurriculars, etc. Minute you graduate & your education is done, it's as good as done.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Put yourself out there" :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I'd just stress to those in college & younger, work your tail off to find future wife when you're young, b/c when you get older, it ain't happening, you don't have a prayer. So whatever it may be: bars, church groups, school, extracurriculars, etc. Minute you graduate & your education is done, it's as good as done.

My experience is the opposite. While I was never an incel, I do find the older I become the more interest I garner from women. Compared to ten years ago I have since filled out and have more muscle mass, and my skin is slightly more rough and masculine looking. My personality is much more level headed and confident since I've had the time to know myself and what I want in life.

The truth is that many men in their early twenties still look like dorky teenagers with soft baby looking skin. By the time they hit 30 many of them look more like adults and have a more masculine edge to them. Women around our ages who are still single tend to also be a little more forceful and take more of an initiative in asking us out. The dynamics start to change.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My experience is the opposite. While I was never an incel, I do find the older I become the more interest I garner from women. Compared to ten years ago I have since filled out and have more muscle mass, and my skin is slightly more rough and masculine looking. My personality is much more level headed and confident since I've had the time to know myself and what I want in life.

The truth is that many men in their early twenties still look like dorky teenagers with soft baby looking skin. By the time they hit 30 many of them look more like adults and have a more masculine edge to them. Women around our ages who are still single tend to also be a little more forceful and take more of an initiative in asking us out. The dynamics start to change.
You can't meet them after you graduate tho.

I wish someone had told me that.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.