SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So you don't believe that it's possible to walk as Jesus walked.

I believe it and I'm encorraging others to take the step of faith and believe it too.  The Bible says that we can do everything that Jesus did and eve greater works.

1 John 3

6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning.  No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him;he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

So, how does these scripture fit into your theology.

I'm saying that I lived out verse six.  That I was living in him but did not really know him. 

Reread my post and you will see that my story has not change in order to fit with scripture.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"So you don't believe that it's possible to walk as Jesus walked."

In terms of never sinning. NOpe, not sure it is :)

"The Bible says that we can do everything that Jesus did and eve greater works."

ahh..and the context of that verse is refering to mirclies, driving out demons, etc... NOT about never sinning, very different hings.

"So, how does these scripture fit into your theology."

It works in great if you read it in context.. Look at chapter 2 "My dear childern, I write this to you so that you will not sin, but if anyone does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense-Jesus Christ, the righteous one."

Umm..if its not possible so why this verse? ;) It is possible and does happen. This is a verse of encouragement. Like when you tell your kids go hit a home run! You know they won't ALWAYS hit a home run, you're just being encouraging.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So if you continue to sin then you have not seen him or known him and you definatly don't live in him.  And the scripture goes on to say that God's seed is not in you.

I guess that is why you say that no one can do the things that I listed.  But the Bible tells us to do those things.  God never asks us to do things that he will not give us power to do.  So why do you believe that it is impossible to do the things that I listed?

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"So if you continue to sin then you have not seen him or known him and you definatly don't live in him. And the scripture goes on to say that God's seed is not in you. "

I agree, you are not to continue to sin, you are to repent of it and move on, that doesn't mean you don't sin again, it addresses your willingness to repent, not your ability to not sin.

"So why do you believe that it is impossible to do the things that I listed?"

Listed? I believe it is impossible to be sinless on this side of heaven why? Because you're not perfect and don't have an imperishable body.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It is not I that is perfect, it is Christ in me that is perfect.

If I live in Him then I will stop sinning. 

It is not my nature or my ability that does this but Christ in me is doing this work.

If Christ controls my life then I will not sin.  Who controls your life?

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If the purpose in saying that was to talk about heaven then the here after would have been mentioned in the context.  And he would have just come out and said, "you won't have to worry about sin in heaven".  We also know that Christ talked about us remaining in Him often and it was always in context of earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
There is no error.  A person can be saved and not live in Christ.  To live, or remain, in Christ is to remain in the perfect will of Christ.  You should know this since it is part of the OSAS doctrine.

Secondly, how do you respond to the proof that "If I live in Him then I will stop sinning." is in scripture.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"To live, or remain, in Christ is to remain in the perfect will of Christ. You should know this since it is part of the OSAS doctrine."

I agree, but that doesn't mean you don't sin.

I respond to it that it is an encouragement, not a commandment. Read the context.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
1 John 3:
4Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. 5But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. 6No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.
7Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.

That is not a statement of encouragement. He is stating facts.
It seems obvious that because there is no sin in Him, then if we are in Him we will not sin.

8He who does what is sinful is of the devil,

Does that look like and encouragement.

Think of being in Christ is like being in a room.  If there is no TV in this room then we will not be watching TV.  Since there is no sin in Christ then we will not be sinning.  The key is to get into Christ (His perfect will).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"That is not a statement of encouragement. He is stating facts."

Yup, it sure is. Dear kids don't let anyone go astray. If you do thinks of God, you're a godly person. If you're sinful you're of the devil. Christ came to destroy him. If you're of God don't sin. You are of God, don't sin. you can't.

sounds exactly like encouragement to me. Billy hit a double, and the last batter struck out, we need a run here to win, go hit a homerun!!!

The sinful he is talking about is unrepented habitual sin. Living in sin. Its a big difference.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by LouisBooth
Yup, it sure is. Dear kids don't let anyone go astray. If you do thinks of God, you're a godly person. If you're sinful you're of the devil. Christ came to destroy him. If you're of God don't sin. You are of God, don't sin. you can't.

This last phrase makes God a lier.  If God says that you won't (you can't) sin because you are in me.  And you do then God lied.  You either cannot sin and be in Christ or you can sin and God will take care of it.  Not both.  There is to much contradiction here.  The truth is that if you sin you are not in Christ.

No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.
I.E. they are not in Christ. 

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"This last phrase makes God a lier. "

No, it doesn't if you look at in context. If you believe this then you're not a christian correct? You sinned a sin of pride didn't you say? Thus you can never be a christian because you sinned, and thus you can't do what that verse says. So which is it?

You can sin and be a christian. That's what grace is all about. Should you? NO NO NO. Will you? problaby.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by LouisBooth
The sinful he is talking about is unrepented habitual sin. Living in sin. Its a big difference.

That is an amendment to the scriptures that man came up with to ease their concience.  It is not scriptual.  You can not find that any where else in the bible.  Don't you believe that sin is sin?  Or are you moving away from OSAS?

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by SnuP post 253 
There is no error.  A person can be saved and not live in Christ.  To live, or remain, in Christ is to remain in the perfect will of Christ.  You should know this since it is part of the OSAS doctrine. 

Maybe you didn't read my previous post.  You can be a christian and sin, but you cannot be in Christ (God perfect will in every area of your life) and sin.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.