• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

*** 11th fact *** about GOD - revealed by the LAST End Time Prophet Matt Marriott

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by MattMarriott, Dec 26, 2008.

1. juvenissun

juvenissun ... and God saw that it was good.

+456
    Baptist
    Married
    So, you pick up one and I will explain the logic to you. I am not kidding.

2. juvenissun

+456
    Baptist
    Married
    Would this still be in the content of number 10? Just like what you said, it is an extension, but is not a new one.

I hope Matt will come back to say something.

3. MaxP

MaxP Member

+69
    Catholic
    US-Republican
    Wow, I would respond if I knew what the hell you were saying.
    I see "pick" and "one" so will pick one of the logic systems behind matt's "conclusions":
    Informal Logic.

4. MaxP

MaxP Member

+69
    Catholic
    US-Republican
    By definition, no "logic system" is perfect, but is simply a means for discerning truth. Whatever gets us to truth the fastest is "perfect," but not all major religions can be so, considering they all disagree as to that truth.

5. OphidiaPhile

OphidiaPhile Well-Known Member

+158
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    End Times Prophet, how do you get that job, did you have to apply for it or may be answer an add in the Heaven and Hell daily Job Journal or maybe you were appointed but I really do want to know how you became the last End Times Prophet.

6. Washington

Washington Well-Known Member

+330
    Agnostic
    Ain't all that hard.

[​IMG]

7. juvenissun

+456
    Baptist
    Married
    Why is the imperfection a part in the definition of logic?

8. juvenissun

+456
    Baptist
    Married
    Pick one out of the 10 facts he listed. I will explain it to you why is it a logic conclusion.

Clear enough?

9. MoonLancer

MoonLancer The Moon is a reflection of the MorningStar

+133
    Buddhist
    In Relationship
    can you explain how they are falsifiable instead? otherwise its junk like all the 'other' unfalsifiable claims

10. MaxP

MaxP Member

+69
    Catholic
    US-Republican
    Because logic is not a thing that is "perfect" or "imperfect" merely valid or invalid.

11. MaxP

MaxP Member

+69
    Catholic
    US-Republican
    There we go. Ummmmmm.... number 10.
    The one about how & the like.

12. MaxP

MaxP Member

+69
    Catholic
    US-Republican
    I am totally going to anoint myself tommorow.

13. JustMeSee

JustMeSee Contributor

+252
    Other Religion
    Private
    US-Others
    Who is MattMariott?

14. juvenissun

+456
    Baptist
    Married
    1. God is higher than His creation.
    2. His creations know less than God does
    3. So #10 is true.

15. juvenissun

+456
    Baptist
    Married
    Not really. Logic is not science. A logically true conclusion can not be falsified.

16. Jester4kicks

Jester4kicks Warning - The following may cause you to think

+124
    Taoist
    Single
    Please present the logical reasoning for your premises in this statement.

17. Washington

Washington Well-Known Member

+330
    Agnostic
    I think it's pretty clear that juvenissun really doesn't understand what logical reasoning is. So don't hold your breath.

18. MaxP

MaxP Member

+69
    Catholic
    US-Republican
    No, actually, your logic is incomplete. We know less than Him, sure, but it does not mean He gave us no possibility of knowing Him.
    This is your logic chain, friend:
    Incomplete.

Actually, the reasoning is:
    Premise 1. God is higher than His creation.
    Premise 2. God intended His creation to glorify Him.
    Premise 3. God created His creation with intellect and will.
    Premise 4. Intellect is used to determine things about existence.
    Conclusion: God intended intellect and freewill to glorify Him. He would not have created that which had no possibility of knowing Him, and thus no possibility of glorifying Him. Since intellect is used to determine things about existence, the way it glorifies God is by determining things logically about Him. Thus, we can see "how."

19. MoonLancer

MoonLancer The Moon is a reflection of the MorningStar

+133
    Buddhist
    In Relationship
    however, the statement itself should have a possibility to being proven wrong, even if its right. for example. the 10 statements in the link on the op make in incorrect assumption that god even exists. In addition their is no possible of evidence for those kinds of statements to ever show the statements wrong.

HOWEVER, if a chimera was to be discovered, evolution would be falsified. their have been many instances to show evolution wrong. they have failed because evolution is fact.

Statements about god are not based on facts or evidence. I could replace God and instead inject anything to my hearts desire and the statements could not be shown right or wrong. Its whats called unfalsifiable.

If their is no possible evidence that could passably exist (even if it doesn't) its not a statement that deals with facts or reality.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  20. Hespera

Hespera Junior Member

+159
    Buddhist
    Private

I just never ever could grasp the "logic" of god...you know, the eternal, the all powerful..could be interested in creating these tiny specks of nothing, you know we'd be way less than a virus to him, and we are to what, stroke his ego by "glorifying" him? I cant see how it would do much for me if some ants set out to glorify me.

What could "glorify" even mean in such a context? Its a really really weird concept, to glorify god.