‘Who’s next? Switzerland?’: Internet dumbfounded by Trump fighting with US ally Australia

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Of course not. All those people do is hand-wave and avoid the important questions.
Indeed. I remain of the belief it's important to not let such pass unremarked, though. As they sign up for the next pogrom against whoever, I'd like to hope my points spark a tiny niggle of cognitive dissonance.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing, but I notice you didn't quote this one:

ISIS “is training and attempting to deploy operatives for further attacks,” he told the Senate Intelligence Committee. “ISIL has a large cadre of Western fighters who could potentially serve as operatives for attacks in the West, and the group is probably exploring a variety of means for infiltrating operatives into the West, including refugee flows, smuggling routes and legitimate methods of travel.

There is credible information from the OBAMA administration including former intelligence that ISIS could get into this nation due to lax policies. It was NEVER acted upon since 2014. Now we have a president that is taking this intelligence seriously, and people are having a cow.

Brennon was most likely referring to the large amounts of unscreened refugees that flooded European countries. Did he ever make a recommendation to halt US refugee program?

Where is this "credible" information regarding "Obama's lax policies?"

And there is no evidence whatsoever that Trump or his administration based their decision on any valid threat assessment.

• Agree
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
All refugees are screened today. What is there to figure out?

Maybe they want to figure out why so many terrorists have entered Europe as refugees and, and they want to figure out what is lacking there in order to make sure we don't repeat those mistakes here in America.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe they want to figure out why so many terrorists have entered Europe as refugees and, and they want to figure out what is lacking there in order to make sure we don't repeat those mistakes here in America.

And, returning to the point, how many of those 1250 refugees screened by Australia, that Trump threw a tantrum over, were found to be terrorists?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And, returning to the point, how many of those 1250 refugees screened by Australia, that Trump threw a tantrum over, were found to be terrorists?

Maybe none. But we'll find out eventually. But how many of the refugees that entered Europe have been found to be terrorists by their own actions? If you ask the people who have been affected by the terrorism, the answer is probably "too many".

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe none. But we'll find out eventually. But how many of the refugees that entered Europe have been found to be terrorists by their own actions? If you ask the people who have been affected by the terrorism, the answer is probably "too many".

This thread focuses on Trump's tantrum towards the AUSTRALIAN PM concerning refugees that have already been thoroughly screened and which had been agreed to be accepted by the US. He's just throwing a fit because agreeing to accept them doesn't fit his current narrative.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This thread focuses on Trump's tantrum towards the AUSTRALIAN PM concerning refugees that have already been thoroughly screened and which had been agreed to be accepted by the US. He's just throwing a fit because agreeing to accept them doesn't fit his current narrative.

Not according to the thread title:
‘Who’s next? Switzerland?’: Internet dumbfounded by Trump fighting with US ally Australia

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Good question. How many refugees that entered Europe have been found to be terrorists?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Good question. How many refugees that entered Europe have been found to be terrorists?

You bolded the part of my post you wanted to address, but you missed the last part of it--"by their own actions". So far, there have been enough of them to cause concern. Here's a list of them, and I think it's enough to show us why we should be concerned in America about letting people into the country the way they've been doing it in Europe: Timeline: Terror attacks in Europe

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
You bolded the part of my post you wanted to address, but you missed the last part of it--"by their own actions". So far, there have been enough of them to cause concern. Here's a list of them, and I think it's enough to show us why we should be concerned in America about letting people into the country the way they've been doing it in Europe: Timeline: Terror attacks in Europe

No, I highlighted that section as well and was addressing it.

This list has such entries as
July 22, 2011: Anti-Muslim extremist Anders Behring Breivik plants a bomb in Oslo then attacks a youth camp associated with the Norwegian Labour Party on Norway's Utoya island, killing 77 people, many of them teenagers.

So how many of these attacks were carried out by refugees? Because a quick scan shows exactly zero of them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, I highlighted that section as well and was addressing it.

This list has such entries as

So how many of these attacks were carried out by refugees? Because a quick scan shows exactly zero of them.

Maybe you should scan a little slower and more carefully: Terror arrests in Germany after ISIS sends fighters posing as refugees to attack Europe

With things like this happening there, I don't think it's too bad of an idea to do what we can to not let that sort of thing happen here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Maybe you should of included this article in the first place since it is not in your list?

So we have three people in a possible terror cell that were smuggled in disguised as refugees. So the answer is three? Or are there more that we are aware of?

“We have substantial reports that among the refugees there are hit squads. There are hundreds of these reports, some from refugees themselves. We are still following up on these, and we haven’t investigated all of them fully,” Mr. Hauser said.

Months earlier, Hans-Georg Maassen, chief of German domestic intelligence, told ZDF public television that officials in Europe have “seen repeatedly that terrorists are being smuggled in, camouflaged as refugees. That is a fact that security authorities must always see to recognize and identify.”
ISIS finds success infiltrating terrorists into refugee flows to West

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
“We have substantial reports that among the refugees there are hit squads. There are hundreds of these reports, some from refugees themselves. We are still following up on these, and we haven’t investigated all of them fully,” Mr. Hauser said.

Months earlier, Hans-Georg Maassen, chief of German domestic intelligence, told ZDF public television that officials in Europe have “seen repeatedly that terrorists are being smuggled in, camouflaged as refugees. That is a fact that security authorities must always see to recognize and identify.”
ISIS finds success infiltrating terrorists into refugee flows to West

OK. How many of these reported hit squads have turned out to actually be true? I ask because when researching the article you linked earlier I found this.

Germany arrests three Syrian IS suspects 'linked to Paris attackers' | News | DW.COM | 14.09.2016

Concerns over hidden jihadis

According to the BKA, authorities have received 415 leads on refugees with a terrorist background, but most have proven to be unfounded. Sixty-three investigative proceedings have been launched based on the information the BKA has received.

German authorities have repeatedly urged the public not to confuse migrants and "terrorists." Berlin has acknowledged, however, that more jihadists may have entered the Germany among the one million asylum seekers who arrived last year.

De Maiziere reiterated on Tuesday that "it would be wrong to place refugees under general suspicion."

"Security forces have repeatedly received tip-offs of individual terrorists or sympathizers among the refugees ... but most of these have turned out not to be true," he said.

So it does seem that there are some terrorists among the European refugees but how many and at what sophistication I'm having a hard time quantifying.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
OK. How many of these reported hit squads have turned out to actually be true? I ask because when researching the article you linked earlier I found this.

Germany arrests three Syrian IS suspects 'linked to Paris attackers' | News | DW.COM | 14.09.2016

Ok. I see no problem here.

So it does seem that there are some terrorists among the European refugees but how many and at what sophistication I'm having a hard time quantifying.

Really? The number and level of sophistication shouldn't be the big issue here. All you have to do is turn on the news and see that terrorist attacks have been carried out and that others were prevented. You seem to be eager to point out anything that casts any doubt on whether a terrorist group actually had any "concrete" plans, or what their sophistication level was. But how much sophistication does it take to carry out some of the terrorist acts that have already been committed? Common guns and vehicles have been used, and quite a few people killed. What level of sophistication must they use before we can say that we need to take a close look at what's happening and take measures to prevent it from happening here?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Ok. I see no problem here.

Really? The number and level of sophistication shouldn't be the big issue here. All you have to do is turn on the news and see that terrorist attacks have been carried out and that others were prevented. You seem to be eager to point out anything that casts any doubt on whether a terrorist group actually had any "concrete" plans, or what their sophistication level was. But how much sophistication does it take to carry out some of the terrorist acts that have already been committed? Common guns and vehicles have been used, and quite a few people killed. What level of sophistication must they use before we can say that we need to take a close look at what's happening and take measures to prevent it from happening here?

Not unless your claim is all terrorist attacks are committed by refugees.

That is what I am trying to determine, how many terror attacks were committed by refugees. People are claiming that we need to be worried about terrorists sneaking people in to the US with refugees and pointing to Europe as support of this. I am therefore trying to determine how credible it is that there are terrorists being smuggled in to Europe. From what I am seeing there is some support but not a lot.

• Winner
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Not according to the thread title:

Ummm.....exactly.

This thread is supposed to be about Trump throwing a hissy fit towards the Australian PM. Please get back on topic.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not unless your claim is all terrorist attacks are committed by refugees.

I never claimed that all terrorist attacks are done by refugees.

That is what I am trying to determine, how many terror attacks were committed by refugees. People are claiming that we need to be worried about terrorists sneaking people in to the US with refugees and pointing to Europe as support of this. I am therefore trying to determine how credible it is that there are terrorists being smuggled in to Europe. From what I am seeing there is some support but not a lot.

You're worrying too much about exact numbers. The point is, if a country is an area that has people who are so violent and in a constant state of war, and are not friendly with the United States, then it's not exactly wise to simply let them into our country without knowing who they are. Europe did this and now they are having more problems with terrorism than they had in the past.

Upvote 0