‘Who’s next? Switzerland?’: Internet dumbfounded by Trump fighting with US ally Australia

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Liberals only believe when they hear what they want to hear--and they want to hear that Trump hung up on Mr. Turnbull. However:

"Speaking on radio on Thursday, Mr Turnbull would only deny he had been hung up on. He said the call, which he described as "frank" and "forthright", ended courteously." Donald Trump says conversation with Malcolm Turnbull was 'very civil'

Ah yes, the 'truth' according to Trumpworld!
Go back and honestly look at the original comments by Trump and his minions.
And I can tell you that over here it is quite obvious from the body language and facial gestures of Mr Turnbull (that's TURNBULL, not 'Trumble'....thanks Spicer!) that the original assessment is quite accurate. Turnbull clearly thinks Trump is a fool.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Then why aren't they taking them? That is what the article seemed to be saying. They were attempting to enter the country illegally, and they took them to the island they are now. Since, that country won't accept them...Obama was asked to take them instead.
Then the article is misrepresenting the situation. The problem isn't that they're "illegal", the problem is that they're sea arrivals. Many people die in people smuggling sea crossings, so we're discouraging that with off shore processing. We still accept refugees, even among illegal entries. Further, these people are bonafide refugees.

Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem isn't that they're "illegal", the problem is that they're sea arrivals.

I assume if they arrive by sea that is illegal? Otherwise, why take them to the island instead of processing them?

I get that they wouldn't want sea arrivals, but as many are told all over the world it maybe the only way they can get there.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I assume if they arrive by sea that is illegal? Otherwise, why take them to the island instead of processing them?

I get that they wouldn't want sea arrivals, but as many are told all over the world it maybe the only way they can get there.
My point here is that they are not analagous to "illegals" as Americans tend to use the term

• Agree
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am awaiting Trump to take on Canada. He is talking about changing NAFTA to make it NAFFTA --- "free and fair trade". That would be fine with Canadians because the USA has been using NAFTA to loot Canada for the last 25 years. Making it fair would only be to Canada's advantage.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The Washington Post? Now there's a reliable source of information. :doh:

What? We should wait to see what Kellyanne Conaway has to say and then we'll know "the truth"?

• Haha
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am awaiting Trump to take on Canada. He is talking about changing NAFTA to make it NAFFTA --- "free and fair trade". That would be fine with Canadians because the USA has been using NAFTA to loot Canada for the last 25 years. Making it fair would only be to Canada's advantage.

It will not happen - he is afraid of their Queen

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Comedy Central!!!

You get your news and proof from Comedy Central.

:doh: :doh: :doh:
You're trying too hard.jpg

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Comedy Central!!!

You get your news and proof from Comedy Central.

A step up from a Spicer news conference or a Conway alternate facts interview : )

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
"It takes a certain idiot-savant genius to start a foreign policy crisis with Australia."

"Time to build an ocean and have Australia pay for it."

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::skull:

"This would be the perfect time to make Ryan Lochte Ambassador to Australia"

"Can't wait for the @TomiLahren vid explaining to me how this Australia thing was actually caused by Hillary voters."

So good.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's what refugees are.

ref·u·gee
[ˌrefyo͝oˈjē]
NOUN
  1. a person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster:

a·sy·lum seek·er
NOUN
  1. a person who has left their home country as a political refugee and is seeking asylum in another:
    "only asylum seekers who are granted refugee status are allowed to work in the country"

As defined by law, a person seeking asylum from religious persecution are consider as a minority class, are preeminent, and are in a stricter class to receive refugee status. But they are considered on as fast track for protection reasons only. They still have to gain refugee status.

So basically Trump is going to only accept those who are fleeing extreme life threatening persecution, and then he will vet them to see if they can obtain refugee, and or immigration status.

By doing this Trump has further isolated them from being part of our citizenry, and instead, is just protecting them from harm until further notice.

A refuge is considered for immigration status before they are even allowed into the country. The asylum seekers will be isolated until immigration status can be approved.

Different class entirely.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Accepting refugees is against Trump's immigration plan? Nice of you to admit.

I know this is a dig to prompt a response so here's my response: They can sit right there and wait until this gets figured out.

Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, it has worked out well for Australia.

Trump blasting the deal prevents people smugglers operating out of Indonesia (over 1,000 people have drowned attempting the trip to Australia) from selling their trade as 'Australia, a free ticket to America' as they would have under Obama/Clinton.

At home, Turnbull looks strong getting Trump to accept a deal he doesn't like.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
ref·u·gee
[ˌrefyo͝oˈjē]
NOUN
  1. a person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster:

a·sy·lum seek·er
NOUN
  1. a person who has left their home country as a political refugee and is seeking asylum in another:
    "only asylum seekers who are granted refugee status are allowed to work in the country"

As defined by law, a person seeking asylum from religious persecution are consider as a minority class, are preeminent, and are in a stricter class to receive refugee status. But they are considered on as fast track for protection reasons only. They still have to gain refugee status.

So basically Trump is going to only accept those who are fleeing extreme life threatening persecution, and then he will vet them to see if they can obtain refugee, and or immigration status.

By doing this Trump has further isolated them from being part of our citizenry, and instead, is just protecting them from harm until further notice.

A refuge is considered for immigration status before they are even allowed into the country. The asylum seekers will be isolated until immigration status can be approved.

Different class entirely.
The one's we're talking about have already been classed as refugees by the UNHCR

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The one's we're talking about have already been classed as refugees by the UNHCR

But not classified as such by this current administration. There is a freeze on certain nations of which some of those seeking asylum are coming from. Until that ban is lifted we will only provide protection, and not immigration.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

For years there have been arrangements with the central Pacific Republic of Nauru to receive and hold unsuccessful attempted visa-less migrants to Australia.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know this is a dig to prompt a response so here's my response: They can sit right there and wait until this gets figured out.

Wait until what get's figured out?

• Winner
Upvote 0