Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think so. Kekistan will keep it in the public mind for some time.
The only people I still see sharing Pepe memes here and there are of the older generations who don't really understand the whole meme phenomenon anyway. They think it's still funny while most of internet society has largely moved on to newer, fresher memes.

I mean.. when was the last time you saw Crazy ex-girlfriend or Condescending Gene Wilder or the Crying Micheal Jordan memes? All great memes in themselves.. but these things have a life span and just like everything else on the internet, it isn't very long.

Upvote 0

JRichard68

There is too much butter on those trays
May 28, 2017
Vancouver
✟32,163.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
You obviously don't understand the life span of an internet meme.

Never say DIE! ^_^
baby-making-fist.jpg

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The only people I still see sharing Pepe memes here and there are of the older generations who don't really understand the whole meme phenomenon anyway. They think it's still funny while most of internet society has largely moved on to newer, fresher memes.

I mean.. when was the last time you saw Crazy ex-girlfriend or Condescending Gene Wilder or the Crying Micheal Jordan memes? All great memes in themselves.. but these things have a life span and just like everything else on the internet, it isn't very long.
Harambe has pretty much gone, as well.

The thing about memes is that they don't die with a bang, but with a wimper, so to say. They just disappear.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is why, if you run a distribution service, you shouldn't think twice about banning un-Chrsitian filth.

The people who would complain would not give a second thought to getting your stuff yanked from stores for the most innocuous of reasons, including having a cartoon frog.

Upvote 0