Trump to CNN: ‘You are Fake News’; Trump to Buzzfeed: You are a "Pile of Garbage"

GondwanaLand

Dec 8, 2013
✟44,972.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No one will ever accuse Donald of being civil or statesmanlike. That said, Buzzfeed was wrong to publish the dossier as "news".
Actually they reported it just as they should have, complete with warnings on what was unconfirmed in it, what it was, where it was from, etc..

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Doesn't Trump say bad things to everyone. That doesn't agree with every little thing he says. We're nothing but overrated losers in his mind. That should be ignored or squashed. So he could do as he please. And complain about the next person.

Upvote 0

GondwanaLand

Dec 8, 2013
✟44,972.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Obama repeatedly, and harshly, criticized conservative media in the early years of his presidency.
You mean the people that criticized every thing he did. And every thing about him.

Upvote 0

GondwanaLand

Dec 8, 2013
✟44,972.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟606,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

LOL. Fake news. ALL OF IT. I don't care if there is video. The media is purposely misrepresenting him because they are reporting what he said and did instead what he meant in his heart. Kellyanne said so. Why are you trying to judge his fruit instead of his heart? Why are you expecting him to say what he means or mean what he says? He's not a professional politician. He's a businessman. They don't do that. You are just like CNN. Spreading lies and fake news!!!! LOL....

*sigh* It's going to be a longgggg 4 years.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So? FDR, a Progressive, locked up Americans of Japanese, Germans, and Italians ethnicity in Concentration Camps, people of 2nd, and 3rd generation descent, that is way worse than not allowing Muslim from terrorist funding/sponsorship nations, or nations where terrorist groups are present like Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen, Nigeria, Tunisia, Somalia, and so fourth to enter the country, while we are at war with Muslim Terrorist groups, how did allowing those 15 Saudis into the country work out for us on 9/11?

That's your argument? That FDR's internment camps were worse, so Trump's plan is ok? What the heck kind of argument is that? How many libs do you find today trying to justify the internment camps? One of our Top 10 Favorite Gay Celebrities wrote a musical about his experience living in one as a child. The only people taking the well-we-interned-people-in-the-past-so-this-is-ok position are Trump supporters.

Exactly.

I don't get why Trump and his worshipers are so in a tizzy about it. I read the CNN article, and it looked fair enough to me. They doled out the information they had at the time. Any news agency would've done the same if this had fell into their lap. I could see if they if they presented it as 100% truth, but they didn't.

I honestly suspect Trump never even read the article itself.

Many of Trump's supporters have egos more fragile than those of the liberal safe-space college kids they like to ridicule.

dni-report-2.jpg

I have to wonder if both intelligence communities are competing with each other to see who can manipulate him the most. I imagine they'll each have agents rendezvous periodically in Prague to compare notes. If the Americans win, the Russians have to hand over some beluga caviar. If the Russians win, the Americans have to hand over a bottle of Pappy van Winkle.

Honestly, I see this as almost a best-case-scenario.

Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟606,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

squirrel123

Sep 9, 2015
✟43,176.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
So if your local newspaper wrote an article on you Performing an illegal act, but made it clear that it's unsubstantiated rumors. You wouldn't have a problem with that?

I thought they were supposed to report news, not rumors?

If it unsubstantiated and later shown as a fabrication, is that the definition of fake?
Well, if the lives of the Kardashians is news, I suppose a juicy rumour about your President Elect can also be news.

Anyway, which part of the article is fake (ie. did CNN make up) ?

It can only be fake news if CNN fabricated the entire thing.

If it came from any external source, they did their journalistic duty by trying to verify it, and subsequently stating clearly that they couldn't do so. The worst you can accuse them of, is sensationalism.

• Agree
Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes I am thank you. You might try listening to it seeing as how you consider yourself a Christian.
I have listened to - how do you think I recognized where your tired memes came from? I try to limit my exposure because I don't think a hate-filled heart it induces in me is particularly Christian.

Liberals support:
That sort of blanket generalization is a problem. It shows a rigid mentality and a lack of comprehension that people vary considerably even within a category.
Gay rights, against the Word of God
Abortion, against the word of God
Same sex Marriage, against the Word of God.
Removing the Word of God From the Public space against the word of God
Free speech (speaking the word of God) against the Word of God
Hollywood inappropriate contentography, against the Word of God
ECT>>>>

Do you support the above list?
We don't live in a theocracy nor do I want to. Some of the topics you brought up are forbidden for discussion here. Have you read the rules? In any case, the topic of discussion is Trump having another temper tantrum.

Last edited:
Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really?

Where is that rule written? :scratch:

[NHE suspects that Mr. Trump is not playing by the same rules, in any event.]

Noting that you have yet to identify which portion of the CNN report was false.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So if your local newspaper wrote an article on you Performing an illegal act, but made it clear that it's unsubstantiated rumors. You wouldn't have a problem with that?
It depends on what the story was and why they were publishing it. Context is king.

I thought they were supposed to report news, not rumors?
The Russians peddling this dossier was the news; what was in the dossier was also news of a sort, but only as a side to the main story.

If it unsubstantiated and later shown as a fabrication, is that the definition of fake?
Not really; if they fabricated it themselves or published it knowing it was false, then that would be the definition of fake, but making an error, being sloppy or publishing a breaking story with caveats is not fake.

Upvote 0

squirrel123

Sep 9, 2015
✟43,176.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Really?

Where is that rule written? :scratch:

[NHE suspects that Mr. Trump is not playing by the same rules, in any event.]
If they are reporting on something real - even if I is a real rumour, it isn't fake.

Remember - they didn't report it as fact! Even Fox News said they acted ethically!

If an acquaintance (x) told you abc, and you said to a friend "x told me abc", is that a lie?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
If they are reporting on something real - even if I is a real rumour, it isn't fake.

Remember - they didn't report it as fact! Even Fox News said they acted ethically!

If an acquaintance (x) told you abc, and you said to a friend "x told me abc", is that a lie?
85636-81470.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0