Trump to CNN: ‘You are Fake News’; Trump to Buzzfeed: You are a "Pile of Garbage"

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It appears that Donald has that in common with Obama. Neither of them tolerates criticism well.

Weird, huh?
I don't recall Obama calling anyone rude names or a news organization - even one as low as WND that made up lies about his grandmother saying he was born in Kenya - "garbage" but maybe I just don't remember. Can you link to it?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
If I ran the country I'd call those who need to attack him 24/7 traitors to the country since they are indeed attacking the president.

You would never catch a conservative doing something traitorous like verbally attacking the President!

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private

“I am convinced that if there were no Fox News, I might be two or three points higher in the polls,” Obama told liberal journalist Matt Bai of the New York Times Magazine. “[T]he way I’m portrayed 24/7 is as a freak! I am the latté-sipping, New York Times-reading, Volvo-driving, no-gun-owning, effete, politically correct, arrogant liberal. Who wants somebody like that?”

Do you partake in Fox News, or any other Conservative news blogs by chance?

What was CNN's shameful act?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Do you partake in Fox News, or any other Conservative news blogs by chance?
Fox News, specifically? No. I have little use for their particular brand of "journalism".

Conservative blogs? Again, probably not any of the ones you mean.
What was CNN's shameful act?
Pretending that CNN acted other than irresponsibly does not absolve them of practicing shoddy journalism ... which was Trump's claim.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Fox News, specifically? No. I have little use for their particular brand of "journalism".

Why? What's wrong with it?

Conservative blogs? Again, probably not any of the ones you mean.

Perhaps the ones you link to?

Pretending that CNN acted other than irresponsibly does not absolve them of practicing shoddy journalism ... which was Trump's claim.

Yes, but just claiming it doesn't necessarily make it so. What exactly did they do or fail to do? What was this "shameful act" you speak of?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If they are reporting on something real - even if I is a real rumour, it isn't fake

Really?! How interesting!

Then of course you had no objections to the real rumor regarding Mr. Obsmas birth certificate. That was something real. A real rumor

And you didn't have any problems at all with the tumors on Hillary's health - they were real rumors

Shall I go on?

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private

Then of course you had no objections to the real rumor regarding Mr. Obsmas birth certificate. That was something real. A real rumor

And you didn't have any problems at all with the tumors on Hillary's health - they were real rumors

Shall I go on?

CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, and various high-profile papers did report on accusations people made about Obama's birth certificate, even those made by Mr. Trump. These accusers were often interviewed by these news organizations. I think it's a problem of the 24-hour news cycle, and commercial news networks, but nothing unethical about it.

They continued to report on news in this case. There was a memo out there that various intelligence agencies were taking seriously. It had been shown to Obama and to Trump.

Did they lie?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, and various high-profile papers did report on accusations people made about Obama's birth certificate, even those made by Mr. Trump. These accusers were often interviewed by these news organizations. I think it's a problem of the 24-hour news cycle, and commercial news networks, but nothing unethical about it.

They continued to report on news in this case. There was a memo out there that various intelligence agencies were taking seriously. It had been shown to Obama and to Trump.

Did they lie?

Yes. Bold face, unaldultetated lies coming from a group of people who think they have enough position and power to say anything they please. As long my as they make millions doing it.

Wrong is wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Yes. Bold face, unaldultetated lies coming from a group of people who think they have enough position and power to say anything they please. As long my as they make millions doing it.

Wrong is wrong.

What did they lie about? That there was a memo out there, or that the intelligence agencies had briefed the President and President-Elect on it?

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Wrong is wrong.

That's silly.
I see you are a Christian.
Ok, let's suppose I publish a document produced by one of the local Islamic leaders, in which he trashes the whole story about Jesus being the son of a god, the miracles, etc.
Now, you would probably take exception to that document; you might even say that the person writing it was lying.
But what mistruth have I perpetrated by simply announcing that that document exists and what it contains? How would I be characterised as being a liar?
I mean, you might not be happy that I had drawn attention to that document; you might prefer that I had kept quiet about it. But what lie did I tell?

Upvote 0

camille70

Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟597,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If the intelligence community of the U.S. and other countries were circulating an unsubstantiated document stating that President Obama had done something perverse and that they had video proof, RW radio would be shouting from the rooftops 24/7that there was a liberal cover up if it weren't reported by MSM and if he were not questioned about it at every press conference, regardless of the topic they were there to discuss. They would be demanding that he prove that he didn't do what he was accused of doing. They would demand his job, or try to censor or limit his power in some way because they would see it as a stain on the U.S.. We would hear 24/7 how we need to avoid the appearance of evil, and that for the good of the country he need to do so and so. People would be submitting FOIA requests to see if there were any emails or documents showing they tried to repress this. So all this faux outrage over CNN doing their job that I'm seeing on social media and places is just laughable to me.

I vividly recall RW radio and talk shows talking about Obama and Michelle's "terrorist fist bump". The fear mongering of using his middle name in an effort to associate him with Muslims and terrorism. Obamacare being promoted as "reparations for black folks". The ridiculous ongoing buffoonery over his birth certificate. That Obama founded ISIS and wanted Americans to come under Sharia law. That Americans would be in FEMA camps by the end of his presidency. The continuing rhetoric around policing stating Obama wanted to see officers killed and various other nonsense. Only in those cases it these stories weren't being reported and taken seriously enough. And we've still got a few days to go, but I'm still waiting on him to implement martial to get a third term. I'd welcome the last one, if it would save us from Trump.

• Winner
Upvote 0

BubbaJack

Dec 24, 2016
Deep South
✟27,403.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
If the intelligence community of the U.S. and other countries were circulating an unsubstantiated document stating that President Obama had done something perverse and that they had video proof, RW radio would be shouting from the rooftops 24/7that there was a liberal cover up if it weren't reported by MSM and if he were not questioned about it at every press conference, regardless of the topic they were there to discuss. They would be demanding that he prove that he didn't do what he was accused of doing. They would demand his job, or try to censor or limit his power in some way because they would see it as a stain on the U.S.. We would hear 24/7 how we need to avoid the appearance of evil, and that for the good of the country he need to do so and so. People would be submitting FOIA requests to see if there were any emails or documents showing they tried to repress this. So all this faux outrage over CNN doing their job that I'm seeing on social media and places is just laughable to me.

I vividly recall RW radio and talk shows talking about Obama and Michelle's "terrorist fist bump". The fear mongering of using his middle name in an effort to associate him with Muslims and terrorism. Obamacare being promoted as "reparations for black folks". The ridiculous ongoing buffoonery over his birth certificate. That Obama founded ISIS and wanted Americans to come under Sharia law. That Americans would be in FEMA camps by the end of his presidency. The continuing rhetoric around policing stating Obama wanted to see officers killed and various other nonsense. Only in those cases it these stories weren't being reported and taken seriously enough. And we've still got a few days to go, but I'm still waiting on him to implement martial to get a third term. I'd welcome the last one, if it would save us from Trump.

Clapper would never let it out, the media would cover it up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

squirrel123

Sep 9, 2015
✟43,176.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married

Shall I go on?
My feelings are irrelevant. Finding something objectionable does not make it fake.

Perhaps you should look up the definition of the word "fake". It is not the opposite of "flattering". It is the opposite of "real".

Eg. The media reporting that Trump claimed Obama's birth certificate is fake, is not fake news. Trump making that claim, is a lie. See the difference?

Trump wasn't merely objecting to the report, he intentionally discredited Central as a whole.

From the outside, it is very disturbing to see your feature head-of-state attacking the media like that and putting in such effort to discredit any media outlet that doesn't toe the line. That is what despots and dictators do!

• Winner
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My feelings are irrelevant. Finding something objectionable does not make it fake.

Re read my post I neither said nor alluded to yours or anyone's feelings.

Unsubstantiated reporting is not good reporting. And has been soundly denounced in real life and here on CF in the form of the multitude of "fact checkers".

How many pinchio noses would these reports get?

Upvote 0

squirrel123

Sep 9, 2015
✟43,176.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Re read my post I neither said nor alluded to yours or anyone's feelings.
Ah, I must have misunderstood this part:
Then of course you had no objections to...
(Obviously whether or not I have objections have nothing to do with my feelings re. a matter?)

Unsubstantiated reporting is not good reporting. And has been soundly denounced in real life and here on CF in the form of the multitude of "fact checkers".
We are all still waiting for you to state which part of the article was a lie - That the report exists, or that it was presented to Trump and Obama?

Last edited:
Upvote 0