Trump to CNN: ‘You are Fake News’; Trump to Buzzfeed: You are a "Pile of Garbage"

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The CNN reporter was acting obnoxious....
CNN abdicated any pretense at journalism.
It doesn't excuse Trump's comments regarding CNN or his demonstrated arrogance toward the media.
When a news organization declares war on the president-elect ... should it expect the president-elect to simply roll over? Or, might it expect that the president-elect will acknowledge the war and fight back?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree! They made fun of his hair, how he eats (how he eats his chicken was literally a breaking news story), and on and on. Every little detail. They attack his daughter for her business ventures (and on a plane). They're showing very little class, then act like they have the moral high ground and they don't.
"They"? It's all a jumble, an indistinguishable mass of "thems".

The pettiness is real, but before you complain too loudly look at how Donald himself has comported himself towards his opponents and their families (not to mention the media pettiness towards Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush - Reagan got a free pass, imo, but Nancy was skewered, Carter, Ford!, Nixon, and so on).

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,296.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
So? FDR, a Progressive, locked up Americans of Japanese, Germans, and Italians ethnicity in Concentration Camps, people of 2nd, and 3rd generation descent, that is way worse than not allowing Muslim from terrorist funding/sponsorship nations, or nations where terrorist groups are present like Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen, Nigeria, Tunisia, Somalia, and so fourth to enter the country, while we are at war with Muslim Terrorist groups, how did allowing those 15 Saudis into the country work out for us on 9/11?
And I doubt you would find many liberals who think FDR did the right thing with the internment camps. American society has advanced quite a bit since the 1940s.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When a news organization declares war on the president-elect ... should it expect the president-elect to simply roll over?
Criticism is not war. The president-elect's skin is way too thin.

Or, might it expect that the president-elect will acknowledge the war and fight back?
The press is supposed to serve as a check on government not vice versa.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The press is supposed to serve as a check on government not vice versa.

for to long the press has not been held accountable. Who keeps them in Check?

The press is supposed to serve as a check on government not write legislation, not elect presidents or law makers, but they have been doing a bang up job of it in the past. they are lap dogs of the democrats.

I am thankful that some body has arrived on the scene to fight back and try and have them report the news not invent or not report it if it does not fit their ideology.

Liberalism is a disease of the mind. It mainly goes against the Word of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The CNN reporter was acting obnoxious....

It doesn't excuse Trump's comments regarding CNN or his demonstrated arrogance toward the media.

The CNN reporter was having a hissy fit because the President Elect called his company out publically for publishing false news.

Trumps reply wasn't arrogance, it was disgust and rightly so. These news agancies have been acting with immunity too long and now people are fighting back.

Boo boo for them. The reporter will probably get a bonus to his multi million dollar salary.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The CNN reporter was having a hissy fit because the President Elect called his company out publically for publishing false news.

And when FoxNews joins in the hissyfit, what does that make it?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And I doubt you would find many liberals who think FDR did the right thing with the internment camps. American society has advanced quite a bit since the 1940s.

At least on the liberal side of things... I've talked to too many conservatives who look at FDR, then look at American Muslims...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Trumps reply wasn't arrogance, it was disgust and rightly so. These news agancies have been acting with immunity too long and now people are fighting back.

Boo boo for them. The reporter will probably get a bonus to his multi million dollar salary.

Which part of the CNN report was false?

Reactions: TLK Valentine
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes, even the top hunters in the jungle find it necessary to relearn the lesson about not messing with the bull.

Mr. Trump was definitely dishing out some bull.

Nate_Miley_falls_off_a_mechanical_bull.gif

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
for to long the press has not been held accountable. Who keeps them in Check?
On the contrary, if you look at the press historically, I think you'll find that it has become increasingly professional and accountable. Most reputable news organizations have ombudsmen that field complaints. Media watchdogs do a fair job. But then the question is, accountable to whom? Their readers, their subscribers, their investors, their ad-buyers, the president-elect?

The press is supposed to serve as a check on government not write legislation, not elect presidents or law makers, but they have been doing a bang up job of it in the past. they are lap dogs of the democrats.
The press doesn't write legislation - that job has gone to ALEC. Nor do they elect presidents. It's a untrue right-wing rallying point that they are lap dogs for the Democrats - unless you think of them as the sort of lapdog that bites and poops and urinates on everything and won't stop that infernal yapping - hmm, then maybe!

I am thankful that some body has arrived on the scene to fight back and try and have them report the news not invent or not report it if it does not fit their ideology.
Donald is not that guy.

Liberalism is a disease of the mind. It mainly goes against the Word of God.
Your insult is neither original nor true. Are you a talk radio fan by any chance?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Donald is not that guy.
Actually, whether you agree with it or not ... Donald is that guy.

Donald campaigned against the press throughout the primary and is apparently willing to continue doing just that well into his presidency.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually, whether you agree with it or not ... Donald is that guy.

Donald campaigned against the press throughout the primary and is apparently willing to continue doing just that well into his presidency.
No, he is not the guy to "try and have them report the news not invent or not report it if it does not fit their ideology", he is the guy to try to bully them into only reporting good things about him. He is an Anthony Fremont wanna-be.

• Agree
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your insult is neither original nor true. Are you a talk radio fan by any chance?

Yes I am thank you. You might try listening to it seeing as how you consider yourself a Christian.

Liberals support:
Gay rights, against the Word of God
Abortion, against the word of God
Same sex Marriage, against the Word of God.
Removing the Word of God From the Public space against the word of God
Free speech (speaking the word of God) against the Word of God
Hollywood inappropriate contentography, against the Word of God
ECT>>>>

Do you support the above list?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
No, he is not the guy to "try and have them report the news not invent or not report it if it does not fit their ideology", he is the guy to try to bully them into only reporting good things about him. He is an Anthony Fremont wanna-be.
It appears that Donald has that in common with Obama. Neither of them tolerates criticism well.

Weird, huh?

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Yes I am thank you. You might try listening to it seeing as how you consider yourself a Christian.

Liberals support:
Gay rights, against the Word of God
Abortion, against the word of God
Same sex Marriage, against the Word of God.
Removing the Word of God From the Public space against the word of God
Free speech (speaking the word of God) against the Word of God
Hollywood inappropriate contentography, against the Word of God
ECT>>>>

Do you support the above list?

Do Christians have to listen to talk radio?

Upvote 0