Trump to CNN: ‘You are Fake News’; Trump to Buzzfeed: You are a "Pile of Garbage"

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ok.
If I have this correctly, CNN is fake.
Is John McCain fake?
Is Lindsey Graham fake?
Is the Washington Post fake?
Is MI6 fake?
Is Orbis Business Intelligence fake?
Is The Guardian fake?
Is the NY Times fake?
Is the CIA fake?
Is the FBI fake?
Is Trump's continual support for Putin fake?
Is Trump's Secretary of State appointment having a $5 billion oil deal with the Russians a fake?
Ever put together a jig-saw puzzle? If you do it right, you find that all the pieces end up fitting together.
Maybe not fake, but definitely heavily biased.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Because he won. Since he won they need to attack him every second of the day so they feel better about Hillary not winning. I'm sure they will continue to do so every day until the next election. Its what sore losers do.

If I recall a few days after he won they attacked him for eating a burger. Then they attacked his daughter for wearing her own line of jewelry somewhere. Its crazy.

I know people have freedom of speech of course but there should be a line between freedom of speech and just attacking relentlessly because your mad. If I ran the country I'd call those who need to attack him 24/7 traitors to the country since they are indeed attacking the president. What I would do about it I don't know. Maybe send them to Canada since many said thats what they would do to begin with.
I agree! They made fun of his hair, how he eats (how he eats his chicken was literally a breaking news story), and on and on. Every little detail. They attack his daughter for her business ventures (and on a plane). They're showing very little class, then act like they have the moral high ground and they don't.

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Similarly to what? An emotionally impaired child? Shouting at people and calling them names isn't really appropriate for a grown-up.
Someone should talk to CNN about not being appropriate.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe not fake, but definitely heavily biased.

John McCain and Lindsey Graham are heavily biased??
How about Comey? He is now making comments to the same effect.
And, of all those major newspapers, show me where their bias lies.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What I don't understand is why people are overwhelmingly allowed to attack Trump for EVERY LITTLE THING he does or says, but if he says ANYTHING back to them, he's a horrible person.
The answer is the imbalance of power. When you sign on to the office of the Presidency you are clearly obliged not to attack fellow citizens even if they unfairly attack you. That may not seem fair, but neither is the fact that Mr. Trump wields so much power.

Let me illustrate. Suppose I call Mr. Trump an incompetent bumbling petulant child. Even if that's not the case, it is clearly inappropriate for Mr. Trump to attack me in return. Why not? Because if he did, I might well lose my job (my company may not want to be tarred with my now nationally know reputation as a troublemaker). The point is that, unlike my expressed scorn for him, his expressed scorn for me is consumed by millions of people. This asymmetry of power is why the President needs to shut his mouth when it comes to vilifying private citizens.

Now the case of Meryl Streep is different - everybody knows what she said.
So why should Trump refrain from attacking her? Precisely because he still wields much more power and could "pull strings" to get her in trouble. It may not be "fair" in one sense but Mr. Trump needs to lay off Ms. Streep even though she attacked him - he needs to avoid even the appearance of using his power to retaliate against her.

See what I mean?

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I agree! They made fun of his hair, how he eats (how he eats his chicken was literally a breaking news story), and on and on. Every little detail. They attack his daughter for her business ventures (and on a plane). They're showing very little class, then act like they have the moral high ground and they don't.

Ummm. You are in the process of farewelling a president who has acted with class and dignity throughout his 8 years. And yet, he and his family had to withstand him being portrayed with a bone through his nose. He had to endure years of this incoming president leading a campaign to deny him his birthright. The same 'man' was part of an ugly smear to declare him a 'secret Muslim'. His wife has been called an 'ape'.
And you get all hot and bothered about people criticising Trump's hairstyle, which he has made fun of himself!?
Please!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ummm. You are in the process of farewelling a president who has acted with class and dignity throughout his 8 years. And yet, he and his family had to withstand him being portrayed with a bone through his nose. He had to endure years of this incoming president leading a campaign to deny him his birthright. The same 'man' was part of an ugly smear to declare him a 'secret Muslim'. His wife has been called an 'ape'.
And you get all hot and bothered about people criticising Trump's hairstyle, which he has made fun of himself!?
Please!
Ah I see your point. When someone else does wrong, do wrong back. Two wrongs equal a right. Drop below their level. Be even more immature. Now it all makes sense!!!

Sarcasm aside its ironic how many democrats talk about being nice to the president (when Obama was it) because after all, he is the president. And yet when the democrats lose, suddenly the very rules they talk about go out the window and the become schoolyard bullies back.

Again this is why you lost. If your going to act like babies because you believe two wrongs equal a right, then of course people are going to to vote for the other person because they will agree two wrongs make a right.

Me? Was I thrilled Obama won (twice none the less)? Of course not. But I got over it because thats what a person, an adult, does. This is where we get into the whole millenials need trophys to feel better thing. And its true. Millenials on both sides I have noticed take loss pretty badly.

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Again this is why you lost. If your going to act like babies because you believe two wrongs equal a right, then of course people are going to to vote for the other person because they will agree two wrongs make a right.
Really? That is why Mr. Trump won?

Silly me, thinking his victory can be attributed to exceedingly bad judgment on the part of the American electorate seasoned with a dash of racism and xenophobia.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well many outside of big cities said they voted for him because the left just ignored them over and over and only cared about city votes. He partially won because of that. He also won because Hillary had a past of problems and while Trump isn't exactly any better, at least he would be new to politics and worth the shot.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well many outside of big cities said they voted for him because the left just ignored them over and over and only cared about city votes.
I don't dispute this. Nor do I dispute that people had all sorts of reasons to see Hillary as flawed.

However, try as I might, I cannot imagine how a person with what I would call sound judgment would vote for Mr. Trump.

Yes, Ms. Clinton was a flawed candidate. But Donald Trump? Please.

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ah I see your point. When someone else does wrong, do wrong back.

Then you haven't seen my point, because I said no such thing. What I did say was that Trump being teased about his hair is trivial, if for no other reason than he has made fun of it himself!

Two wrongs equal a right. Drop below their level. Be even more immature. Now it all makes sense!!!

Only in Trumpworld would that make sense. Joking about his hair is "below the level" of calling the First Lady an "ape"?? Only in Trumpworld.

Again this is why you lost.

I lost nothing. Thankfully, I am an Australian.

If your going to act like babies

By rushing to my twitter account at 3 am perhaps?

because you believe two wrongs equal a right, then of course people are going to to vote for the other person because they will agree two wrongs make a right.

Read that back to yourself. Please.

Me? Was I thrilled Obama won (twice none the less)? Of course not. But I got over it because thats what a person, an adult, does. This is where we get into the whole millenials need trophys to feel better thing. And its true. Millenials on both sides I have noticed take loss pretty badly.

I was born in 1953. What do "millenials" have to do with my comments?

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't dispute this. Nor do I dispute that people had all sorts of reasons to see Hillary as flawed.

However, try as I might, I cannot imagine how a person with what I would call sound judgment would vote for Mr. Trump.

Yes, Ms. Clinton was a flawed candidate. But Donald Trump? Please.
Well for me it was simple. Both are evil. But Trump is less evil by like 0.00001%. lol. That and at least with Hillary we knows shes for things that are unbiblical. I mean I didn't want to vote Trump either but my only other choice was throw away my vote on someone who wouldn't win. Heck, I would have voted Bernie over Trump or Hillary.

Then you haven't seen my point, because I said no such thing. What I did say was that Trump being teased about his hair is trivial, if for no other reason than he has made fun of it himself!
Well in that case I apologize if I read it wrong.

I was born in 1953. What do "millenials" have to do with my comments?
Well my statement was just a general statement. Not pointed at you really.

QUOTE="Allandavid, post: 70680837, member: 393983"]I lost nothing. Thankfully, I am an Australian.[/QUOTE]
Ah I see. lol. Well then it really doesn't affect you to much then. But if you live here as a christian you would see why this was an important election. Actually really thinking about it I voted Trump because he was going to pick more Christian valued people for supreme court. Which is way more important then who won this election.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What I don't understand is why people are overwhelmingly allowed to attack Trump for EVERY LITTLE THING he does or says, but if he says ANYTHING back to them, he's a horrible person.

I don't disagree that people tend to dogpile on him, but a big part of leadership in any capacity is being able to maintain your composure while receiving criticism, particularly from below you or from outside the organization. What kind of general would publicly humiliate a private or corporal? Petty fights over things that don't matter should be beneath someone of Trump's position, but his ego is too fragile to let any of these things go.

For example, the gold star family during the Democratic Convention. Trump didn't NOTHING to that family. He wasn't responsible for their son dying. They get up on stage and trash Trump, but he can't respond. If he does, he's 'attacking a gold star family'.

Really? THAT'S your example? He threatened to ban all Muslims from entering the country. The Khan's, rightly, got angry for a number of reasons and pointed out that their Muslim son gave his life serving in our military. Trump responded by suggesting that the mother's on-stage silence was due to some sexist religious rules. He did attack them and he should've lost the election over it. Between that and his comments on McCain, it's amazing the military folks didn't crucify him. I guess authoritarianism trumps (no pun intended) loyalty and respect.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
This sort of conduct isn't right. Trump shouldn't be getting in feuds with random news outlets, no matter how poorly sourced. The media should just give up on bashing Trump for a moment and give him a chance to do some things before they criticize him more.

That said, I'm glad he's responding the way he is. I am so sick and tired of the left bashing every right-leaning person and finding dirt from nowhere, meanwhile being as kind to left-leaning people as possible. I'm tried of the liberal media bias which was so nakedly obvious during the election. I don't care how much of Trump's shenanigans are true--I just want someone to make the media fair and objective.

No comment on Buzzfeed, but how badly does a Republican have to crash and burn before FOXNews defends CNN from them?

Watch Fox News Defend Rival CNN Against Donald Trump’s ‘Fake News’ Claim (Video)

Check the video at 3:35 for the grand finale...

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't disagree that people tend to dogpile on him, but a big part of leadership in any capacity is being able to maintain your composure while receiving criticism, particularly from below you or from outside the organization. What kind of general would publicly humiliate a private or corporal? Petty fights over things that don't matter should be beneath someone of Trump's position, but his ego is too fragile to let any of these things go.

Really? THAT'S your example? He threatened to ban all Muslims from entering the country. The Khan's, rightly, got angry for a number of reasons and pointed out that their Muslim son gave his life serving in our military. Trump responded by suggesting that the mother's on-stage silence was due to some sexist religious rules. He did attack them and he should've lost the election over it. Between that and his comments on McCain, it's amazing the military folks didn't crucify him. I guess authoritarianism trumps (no pun intended) loyalty and respect.

So? FDR, a Progressive, locked up Americans of Japanese, Germans, and Italians ethnicity in Concentration Camps, people of 2nd, and 3rd generation descent, that is way worse than not allowing Muslim from terrorist funding/sponsorship nations, or nations where terrorist groups are present like Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen, Nigeria, Tunisia, Somalia, and so fourth to enter the country, while we are at war with Muslim Terrorist groups, how did allowing those 15 Saudis into the country work out for us on 9/11?

Upvote 0