Zuckerberg’s Plan To Battle Fake News Sets Off “Widespread Panic” Among Big Conservative Pages

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
https://www.buzzfeed.com/craigsilve...nic?bftwnews&utm_term=.evXOPXPGyw#.aj2JZjZ2Yl

Mark Zuckerberg’s plan to help reduce the spread of misinformation on Facebook has set of a “widespread panic” among some owners of the biggest hyperpartisan conservative pages.

Cyrus Massoumi, the owner of Mr. Conservative, which has 2.2 million fans, told BuzzFeed News he and his fellow publishers find Zuckerberg’s guidelines “terrifying” and “extremely wide open to interpretation.”

Here is the part I find interesting:

Massoumi acknowledged that during the election his and other big pages did publish some misleading and false information, though he said they removed the latter once they realized their mistake. He said they began to push the boundaries after new players, such as sites run from Macedonia or others such as Ending the Fed, entered the market, copied their approach, and then began reaping huge Facebook engagement by publishing false and misleading content.

“We strayed because of the competitive nature of the algorithm in the News Feed and we do need to be brought back,” he says. “But the problem is I operate in an environment where sites like Ending the Fed and these unknowns are going to beat us unless we go from tilted to misleading.”

He literally admits to lying and that it is about getting ratings.

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Reactions: MoonlessNight
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Meanwhile, CNN still thinks it's a legit news channel. Ditto NYT, etc.
And they are. Now compare that to the alt-right sources that are actually telling you in black and white that they are lying to you to get money.

Upvote 0

Saleena

A whole new rage.
Aug 12, 2013
✟6,121.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like fun. Why don't you quoye one of them?
Should I sit here and pull everything from white hatred, to the opblogs that huffpo is so keen on posting? I mean I could sit here and look at them they were absolutely deadset on Hillary winning.

I mean just http://www.huffingtonpost.com/larry-womack/stop-pretending-you-dont-_b_12191766.html shilled so hard for her? Did I want trump to win? God no, but let's not pretend that these sites are so much more noble than the alt right counterparts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...s-are-embarassing_us_58278b9de4b02b1f5257a36a

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/en...ut-whats-going-on_us_582f4e99e4b058ce7aaae11f

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...-hillary-clinton_us_5829c44ee4b02d21bbc97a6a?

These are just utterly ridiculous. Lying might have been a bit overkill? At least on the huffpo part, but honestly the left needs to learn real fast why they lost or it's going to be 8 years. Heh who am I kidding, nobody is going to learn anything. Enjoy your "nonbiased" articles C:

Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0

Saleena

A whole new rage.
Aug 12, 2013
✟6,121.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
well, I don't trust Salon too much. I've seen them stretch things pretty far.
Salon is one of the worst offenders.

I like my Dave Rubins though. He's pretty awesome. I wonder if he will be blocked because he interviewed Milo "insert long greek name I can't remember here."

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“But the problem is I operate in an environment where sites like Ending the Fed and these unknowns are going to beat us unless we go from tilted to misleading.”

Then I guess you're in the wrong business.

Some people just don't get it.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟285,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Should I sit here and pull everything from white hatred, to the opblogs that huffpo is so keen on posting? I mean I could sit here and look at them they were absolutely deadset on Hillary winning.

I mean just http://www.huffingtonpost.com/larry-womack/stop-pretending-you-dont-_b_12191766.html shilled so hard for her? Did I want trump to win? God no, but let's not pretend that these sites are so much more noble than the alt right counterparts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...s-are-embarassing_us_58278b9de4b02b1f5257a36a

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/en...ut-whats-going-on_us_582f4e99e4b058ce7aaae11f

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...-hillary-clinton_us_5829c44ee4b02d21bbc97a6a?

These are just utterly ridiculous. Lying might have been a bit overkill? At least on the huffpo part, but honestly the left needs to learn real fast why they lost or it's going to be 8 years. Heh who am I kidding, nobody is going to learn anything. Enjoy your "nonbiased" articles C:

My bad. I should have know that wasn't clear enough. I was hoping for the "daily" lie. i.e., something dated today. And a quote of the actual lie.

Upvote 0

Saleena

A whole new rage.
Aug 12, 2013
✟6,121.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My bad. I should have know that wasn't clear enough. I was hoping for the "daily" lie. i.e., something dated today. And a quote of the actual lie.
Man that is some salt. Are we still angry that our failure of a politician lost to a orangutan? Do you think she will lose again in 2020? Surely Huffpo and salon can keep us warm in these trying times then? Tell me more about how bernie bros were the problem, tell me more about the racist white voters huffpo. Please huffpo senpai.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Man that is some salt. Are we still angry that our failure of a politician lost to a orangutan? Do you think she will lose again in 2020? Surely Huffpo and salon can keep us warm in these trying times then? Tell me more about how bernie bros were the problem, tell me more about the racist white voters huffpo. Please huffpo senpai.
Are you unable to post any acttual lies for today?

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Saleena

A whole new rage.
Aug 12, 2013
✟6,121.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why stand by old media at all? I mean heck, even VICE a once decent news site that went into war zones and other things is pushing a far left slant. That's my question to you. As someone who hates both the far right and far left. Why defend them when they failed the left in the election? Not trying to shift gears but you can see how them blaming the bernie followers and third party voters while ignoring the fact that hillary was a dumpster fire all together is an issue right? The left seems so bent on portraying Trump as new hitler that they are jumping at their own shadows. Is this what we really want from our news?

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Why stand by old media at all? I mean heck, even VICE a once decent news site that went into war zones and other things is pushing a far left slant. That's my question to you. As someone who hates both the far right and far left. Why defend them when they failed the left in the election? Not trying to shift gears but you can see how them blaming the bernie followers and third party voters while ignoring the fact that hillary was a dumpster fire all together is an issue right? The left seems so bent on portraying Trump as new hitler that they are jumping at their own shadows. Is this what we really want from our news?
I not making any claims, so there is nothing to defend. Hint, hint.`

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
At least on the huffpo part, but honestly the left needs to learn real fast why they lost or it's going to be 8 years. Heh who am I kidding, nobody is going to learn anything.
On the mark. I was trying to explain this pre-november how the left needs to study harder and whine less. They just blissfully ignore that they won the election for Trump.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Facebook is swimming in fake news about Trump, so if you want to a call a conservative out for publishing fake news, then that's great, but if you want to pretend like liberals aren't at leasts as guilty, then you are blinded by your own biases.
Tu quoques make it aaaaaall better

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I already said calling it was a lie was overkill. Can you not read or are you just deadset on picking one thing out of all of what I said?
Oh. Lieing about the lieing. I get it now, biased whining about biased whining.

But credit is due for coming clean.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟285,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Tu quoques make it aaaaaall better

I did say it was a good thing to point about that a conservative was publishing fake news. Pointing out that that liberals do it too to at least an equal degree doesn't make it better, but it does help to make people aware of their biases.

Upvote 0