Status
Not open for further replies.

lokt

Apr 29, 2007
✟15,603.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
So what is a Yowbel anyway, and why is it significant? We find out in the 8th verse of the 25th chapter of Leviticus. Yahuweh had just finished establishing His seven Miqra, so these things are probably related. The Yisra’elites were told: "to count seven (sheba’ - from shaba, meaning fully satisfied) Sabbaths (shabath - time of rest) of years (shanah - time to change), seven times seven years, existing as forty-nine years." Then: "a ram’s horn (showphar) is to be extended and passed around (‘abar) on the tenth day of the seventh month: on the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur - from kaphar, meaning to atone, cover over, purge, make reconciliation, pacify, propitiate, and forgive). You shall extend and pass around (‘abar) a ram’s horn all through your land. You shall thus set apart (qodesh) the 50th (chamishshiym) year as the announcement of a healing gateway (taruw’ah (תְּרוּעָה) - compound of tara’ (תְּרַע), gateway to healing, and ruwa’ (רוּע), to shout or sound a signal of warning, of praise, of joy, or of triumph, and to call out to gain people’s attention)..." (Leviticus 25:8-10)

Yahuweh’s instruction is filled with symbolism. His Yowbel is based on "shabath/days of rest," signifying that we cannot earn our salvation. It is based upon "shaba/fully satisfying," telling us that Yahweh’s redemptive solution completely satisfies our debt.

The Yowbel is about "shanah/a time to change," indicating that these years mark transforming transitions in Yahuweh’s plan. While I can’t say with absolute authority, examining the geological evidence in conjunction with the Genesis timeline recorded in the Septuagint and Samarian Pentateuch, the flood cleansed the way for a new beginning in the Yowbel of 2967 BCE. Twenty Yowbel later, the Covenant with Abraham was born in the Yowbel of 1967 BCE. The First Temple, one built to commemorate the event, was constructed on Mount Moriah twenty Yowbel later in 967 BCE. Yahushua ushered in the Renewed and Restored Covenant in 33 CE, exactly forty Yowbel after the Old Covenant was formed with Abraham.

Yowbel, the Hebrew word for a "male lamb," is used interchangeably in this passage with showphar, the Hebrew word for "ram’s horn." The first time the "horn of a male lamb" is mentioned in Scripture, it is attributed to the ultimate Sacrificial Lamb, the Lamb of Light, the Passover Lamb Yahuweh provided in Isaac’s stead on Mount Moriah at the dawn of the Covenant. This isn’t a coincidence. Passover and Yowbel are directly related concepts.

Further linking Passover to the Yowbel, Yahuweh used ‘abar, which means "to pass over," twice in His introductory comments. Most all English translations render ‘abar "sound," but there is nothing related to an audible noise in the word. ‘Abar is almost always translated "pass over or cross." It can mean "sacrifice, forgive, or repeal," and even "to be given possession of" in addition to "extend and circulate." Each of these concepts fits nicely within the context of announcing the doorway to heaven which may be why Yahweh used ‘abar in His instructions. Blowing a ram’s horn is simply hot air making a racket if you don’t understand why the Ram’s horn is being "passed around," or appreciate ‘abar’s connection with "Passover."

After correlating the Yowbel to Passover, Yahuweh connects the Yowbel to the Day of Atonement, or Forgiveness. He does this because, forty Yowbel, or 2,000 years, will transpire from His Passover sacrifice in 33 to Yahushua’s return on the Day of Atonement in the Yowbel of 2033. I say this emphatically because there is only one Yowbel left within the lifetimes of those who witnessed the fulfillment of the all the signs Yahshua said would been seen by the generation who will experience His return. The first of these signs was man’s only world war, an event which led to the last sign, the greening of the fig tree, symbolic of the return of Jews to the Promised Land.

Forty is an important time designation to Yahuweh. In sets of Yowbel, it not only marks the time between Adam’s fall to the birth of the Covenant with Abraham, the time from Abraham’s Passover enactment to Yahushua’s ultimate fulfillment, forty Yowbel quantify the duration of the "church" age - the time of the Gentiles. Other examples include: the rains lasted 40 days and 40 nights during the flood. Moses received the Torah over 40 days, a time which severely tested the Chosen People. Therefore, the Yisra’elites wandered in the wilderness for 40 years. Yahshua was tempted by Satan for 40 days before beginning His ministry. And He remained with us 40 days after His resurrection. Scripturally, forty depicts the completion of a time of testing.

With this passage, and others, Yahuweh is encouraging us to connect these related things. 33 CE was exactly 40 Yowbel from Abraham’s foreshadowing of Passover on Mount Moriah. So it is reasonable to assume that there will be 40 Yowbel between that event and His return on the Day of Atonement in 2033. (That’s Monday, October 3rd, if you’re curious.)

There is one last symbolic word in Yahuweh’s text depicting the establishment of the Yowbel. It bears the name of the fifth Festival Feast, that of the Miqra of Taruwah. Tara’ means "gate or doorway, a gatekeeper or a temple doorkeeper." Yahushua routinely presents Himself as the doorway to eternal life and as the Temple itself. Further, Taruwah means "healing." Toren is the upright pole onto which a standard is flown. Coupled with ruwa’/signal, we have God trying to get people to notice His gateway to paradise.

33 CE wasn’t an ordinary year on the Hebrew calendar. It was a Yowbel-Lamb’s Redemption year - something that happened only once every 50 years.

We know 33 was a Yowbel because the last historically recorded Yowbel or Jubilee in Jerusalem was 133 CE. It was a very bad year for the Jews. They were fooled by their leading Rabbi, Akiba, the fellow who is said to have founded the religious sect known as the Masoretes. Despite his massive blunder of recognizing a false messiah and of being responsible for getting his people thrown out of their land for one thousand eight hundred years, Rabbi Akiba is still considered to be one of the greatest religious scholars in Jewish history. Somebody isn’t thinking.

The object of the rabbi’s acclaim was Shimeon ben Kosiba, known as Bar Kochba, which means "son of a star" (guess which one). He was a charismatic man, brilliant we are told, but also a brutal warlord. That fit the rabbinical aspirations of the messiah - a warrior who would deliver Jews from oppression while at the same time being an ordinary man who would remain beholden to the rabbis who had trumpeted his arrival. One of the justifications Rabbi Akiba positioned to assert that Bar Kochba was the messiah, was that he had risen to power in a Yowbel year of redemption, as was expected of him. So following the false Messiah, the duped Jews revolted against the Romans in 133. They caught the Tenth Legion by surprise and retook Jerusalem. In response to this revolt, Emperor Hadrian, in 135, turned Israel into what Ezekiel called a "valley of dry bones." He murdered two million Jews and exiled the rest, renaming the Land Palestina. Then sowed Judea with salt to render it worthless and barren. Therefore, 133 became the last recorded Yowbel. There weren’t enough Jews or Israel left to do what was required after that time.

So, what's the point/points to all of this? Notice I posted 33 C.E. as a Yowbel, (Jubilee), year.
"Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, daughter of Zion (Tsiyown - the signpost). Shout for joy (ruwa’) daughter of Yaruwshalaim. Behold, look and see (hineh), your King comes to you (bow’ - arrives and enters) Upright (tsaddiyq - innocent and guiltless, just and justified; from tsadaq, for vindication and) to save (yasha’), humble and riding upon a donkey and a colt." (Zechariah 9:9) This was the Suffering Servant predicted by Isaiah 52 and 53.

Matthew dutifully recorded Yahushua’s quotes from these passages. Then his eyewitness testimony continues with: "And a great multitude (polus ochlos - a great many in the large crowd of common people) spread their garments along the way while others cut down branches (klados - tender shoots and branches, a translation of netser in Hebrew; symbolizing the Messiah) from the trees spreading them along the way. And the large crowds of common people (ochlos) who were leading the procession (proago) and those who were following, cried out, ‘Please Save us Savior (osanna - (ωσαννά - omega sigma alpha nu nu alpha) a transliteration of the Hebrew yasha’, meaning save us Savior, and na’, meaning please we pray and plea), Son of David (Dapane/Dauid - which mean the Great Price and Love in Greek and Hebrew). Praise and celebrate (eulogeo - think kindly toward) the one who comes (erchomai - arrives and appears before the public to reveal himself, to influence and establish them) in and with (en) the personal and proper name (onoma) of Yahuweh. Please save us Savior (hosanna) in and with (en) the Most High (hupsistos)." (Matthew 21:8-9) While Greek doesn’t possess the alphabetical characters to write Yahuweh, I wrote it in because the crowd spoke Hebrew in this procession, and I’ve read Isaiah 62 (and so had they).

What would errantly be called "Palm Sunday," is really "Branch Monday." Sunday is the day all sungods were worshiped. And palm frowns were held above the heads of men who pretended to be gods all the way back to Mystery Babylon. You’ll see such images in the drawings on Egyptian temples as well in papal processions. The "branch" was one of the most common Messianic metaphors in the Old Covenant and the Torah requires the sacrificial lamb to arrive four days in advance of Passover, not five. Scripturally, four is the number of completion, while five is the number of confusion and Satan.

There are four reasons we know this was a Monday. First, Daniel told us. All we have to do is: bone up on our history, do the math, and look the result up on a calendar.

Second, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John tell us that Yahshua returned to Jerusalem to eat Passover dinner with them (which would have been Thursday evening in 33), that He was crucified the next day (therefore Friday, which they called ‘preparation day’), and that His body was in the tomb on the Sabbath. We are also told that after His triumphal entry, Yahushua left town and stayed in Bethany for two days (Mark 14:1-3). Working backwards, those two days must have been Tuesday and Wednesday. And btw, the skeptics try to claim that Yahushua was "hiding', as in an attempt to avoid being sacrificed. Actually, He was avoiding capture so His sacrifice would not be premature and out of syn with the prescribed timeline.
We are told that he stayed at the house of a leper. Very clever. Lepers were to be shunned/avoided according to rabbinical law. So the clerical authorities would'nt search the house of a leper, not that they would've wanted to anyway as they would have feared contagion. This also shows that Yahuweh can and does use the humblest fringes of society to further His plan.

Third, Yahuweh told the Yisra’elites in Exodus that the Passover lamb had to enter their residence four days before Passover. Since Yahushua was the Passover Lamb, he had to arrive on schedule.

And fourth, the reason the crowds lined the streets shouting "Please save us Savior" is because they were expecting Yisra’el’s Passover lamb to arrive at this very time. Since the rabbis could read, each year they picked the most perfect lamb from pastures in Bethlehem and brought that sacrificial lamb into the city four days before Passover in accordance with the Torah’s instructions. And while this may all sound tedious and pedantic, the reason these days are important is evident.

As another interesting verification of the timing, 33 CE is the only year between 27 and 35 CE that is consistent with the eyewitness testimony. Again, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John confirm that the disciples ate Passover dinner with Yahshua and that He was crucified on the following day. Then they all claim that His body remained in the grave on the Sabbath, rising sometime between sunset and sunrise the next day. Passover began on Thursday at sunset in 33 CE, but that was not the case in any other year close to it. That means that either the crucifixion and resurrection took place in 33 or Daniel, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are all wrong. (In case you’re interested, Passover would have begun on Tuesday evening the 6th of April in 26 CE; Sunday at sunset, on March 26th of the year 28; then on Friday the 13th of April in 29; Passover began on Tuesday evening April 2, 30 CE; again on Sunday, this time on March 23rd at sunset in 31; Sunday evening again in 32, this time April 11th, in 33 Passover began on Thursday evening at sundown, it was March 31st on our calendars; in 34 we are back to Sunday, a March 19th; and it was Sunday evening again in 35, this time April 8th)

So there ya have it.

Awesome...

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
All I see is a lot of Hebrew.

I'm not Jewish. I can say YHVH all I want. I can eat all the cheeseburgers I want too. I wear polyester, and I'm proud of it.

I don't know a Yowbel, Yoda, or whatever. I know:

God. Father. Son. Jesus. Holy Spirit. Church.

I don't follow the Torah because I'm not a Jew but a Christian.

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Word of God is the Son, who was incarnated as Jesus the Christ, the Theanthropos and Savior of all creation.

By His death and resurrection, the ritual/holiness law was superceeded. I don't need to sactifice animals to atone. I don't need to have to go to a Jewish hierarch for intercession. I don't have no abstain from polyester ties or yummy yummy pork.

I'm a Christian, not a Jew.

Upvote 0

lokt

Apr 29, 2007
✟15,603.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
PV said, ". I don't need to sactifice animals to atone. I don't need to have to go to a Jewish hierarch for intercession."
Nobody said you have to. The Torah is Yahuweh's word, not the Jew's word. The Yowbel, (Jubilee year), is Yahuweh's year, not the Jew's year.
The Mowed are Yahuweh's appointed assemblies, not the Jew's appointed assemblies.
"Polyester ties"? "Yummy, yummy pork"?

Upvote 0

BethelArsonist

May 21, 2007
Republic of Texas
✟626.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Now let's not get excited folks. Lokt, you should just be amuzed with Christians who think they do not follow the Torah. Even few Jews realize Moses wrote not just of what man should do, but of what he does even when he does not know it. Like Paul, says, (some) "obey the law without the law."

I do not have the time right now. But I will study your post here with the time it deserves when I do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.