Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Theology of the Holy Spirit - also referred to as Pneumatology is the Study of the Holy Spirit.

The term comes from the Greek "pneuma" and "logos" meaning; idea, word, speech. study. What is the role of the Holy Spirit in the life of the Christian. Let's look together at a number of different aspects of the Holy Spirit, his interaction with man and then the Baptism of the Holy Spirit that uniquely empowers the Believer for spiritual service, deeper intimacy with God and Holy living.

As we travel down this path together, it is an interesting observation how God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit act in a majority of Scripture. The observer will find time and again that Divine works originate with the Father, are carried out by the Son, and brought to completion by the Spirit.

Example:

We know in Genesis 1 that God created the Earth and everything there in -

Look here in
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
Here we see very plainly that Jesus is referred to as "The Word of God" and He became flesh. But we also see that all things were made through Jesus.

Here in Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness [a]was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

We also see the Holy Spirit had a role in creation also.

As we continue, we will see that Divine weaving throughout Scripture.

I hope this study helps you get closer to God!

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
continuing:

Three specific acts of creation: In the account of creation, as given in Genesis 1:1-27, the Hebrew word bara, which means “to create” or “make out of nothing,” is used three specific times. These three occasions represent the three, great, distinctive kingdoms: the heavens and the earth (Gen. 1:1), animal life (Gen. 1:21) and human life (Gen. 1:26-27). Evolutionists argue that each kingdom is the result of the gradual development of a lower kingdom. In contrast, the Bible emphasizes that each new kingdom was made possible only by a special act of creation. The Holy Spirit was active in the creation of these three kingdoms: (1) The heavens and the earth (Gen. 1:2; Job 26:13; Ps. 33:6) (2) Animal life (Ps. 104:30; see also Ps. 11-12; Ps. 14; Ps. 17-18; Ps. 20-21; Ps. 25-26) (3) Human life (Job 33:4)​

Church, The Foursquare ; Van Cleave, Nathaniel M.; Duffield, Guy P.. Foundations of Pentecostal Theology (pp. 269-270). The Foursquare Church. Kindle Edition.

This clearly demonstrates the role of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit being one in Creation.

And so is his personal interaction with man.

Acts 5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus whom you murdered by hanging on a tree. 31 Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. 32 And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.”​

The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin:

JOhn “But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ 6 But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

Jesus was conceived in Mary through the Holy Spirit:

Luke 1:35 35 And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.​
Matt 1:18 18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.​

Upvote 0