up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As Christmas approaches we think of the Messiah coming into our world, we probably never considering the culture shock of His entering into a physical world in the flesh.

Which begs the question... why do people want to equate our afterlife to what we know of this universe, complete with form, space and time etc. when obviously that is not what lies beyond? Why do we associate ourselves and our identity with our soon to be composted fleshy body or even think the everyday gadgets of this life will even exist in the next. Time to perhaps consider what we really may become and what kind of world in the new Kingdom will be created, obviously free of everything we know that we have created in our own image. If nothing remains the same... who and what are we even now?

Last edited:

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
As Christmas approaches we think of the Messiah coming into our world, we probably never considering the culture shock of His entering into a physical world in the flesh.

Which begs the question... why do people want to equate our afterlife to what we know of this universe, complete with form, space and time etc. when obviously that is not what lies beyond? Why do we associate ourselves and our identity with our soon to be composted fleshy body or even think the everyday gadgets of this life will even exist in the next. Time to perhaps consider what we really may become and what kind of world in the new Kingdom will be created, obviously free of everything we know that we have created in our own image. If nothing remains the same... who and what are we even now?
Your question, though I think you mean to invoke the opposite, implies substance to this frame. It is not the frame of the afterlife that departs so dramatically from this temporal existence, but the other way around. Our sense of time and space and so on is derived of our blindness to the eternal.

Remember that Job said, in chapter 19:

25 I know that my redeemer lives,
and that in the end he will stand on the earth.
26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet in my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!

Upvote 0