God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Bible clearly states that it is the sun moving.

And Psalms 19 states God has placed a tent over the earth and that the sun's circuit is from one end to the other of the tent.

No it doesn't. Unless you also believe that the earth literally has 4 corners.

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟845,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
243067_b0cbd274e53ea7027f2658fa9df7f8aa.jpg

MOD HAT ON

This thread is closed for review.

MOD HAT OFF​

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,759,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Advisor Hat

This thread is being reopened after some clean up.
As a reminder, the site rules include:
Flaming and Goading
  • Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
  • Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF. Address only the content of the post and not the poster.
  • NO Goading. This includes images, cartoons, smileys or post ratings which are clearly meant to goad. Quoting and then editing another members post to change the original meaning, commonly referred to as "fixed it for you" (FIFY), is considered goading.
  • "Calling out" a member is an unsolicited comment about another member in reference to something they may have said, their personal beliefs, their signature, or their avatar (challenging the member in a negative manner). This applies to any thread, whether the called out member is participating in that thread or not. Do not quote, or make comments about another member, in your signature or user title.
  • Offensive derogatory nicknames and egregious inflammatory comments about public figures may be considered goading.
  • Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed.
  • If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.

Statement of Purpose and Off-Topic
Read and abide by each forum's Statement of Purpose; Statement of Purpose threads are sticky threads located at the top of the forum's page. Not all forums have a Statement of Purpose thread. Start threads that are relevant to that forum's stated purpose. Submit replies that are relevant to the topic of discussion.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟243,080.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Thread Summary:

1. The weight of evidence in favour of a roughly spherical Earth, going round the sun is so great that it requires a supreme act of self deception to argue the alternative. (Or a sociopathic leaning that enjoys trolling, or a misplaced sense of humour, or personal issues.)
2. The weight of evidence in favour of a roughly spherical Earth is so light that it has floated so high above the planet the curvature should be obvious to even the most devout FE afficionado.

And now, The Future:

Both sides shall continue to present their arguments. The pro-FE group will ignore all evidence; the spherical Earth group will suffer mild concussion from repeated face palms. The moderators will eventually display proper Christian Charity and shut the disaster down.

Bon appetit.

Upvote 0

Romans 8

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟137,253.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The following is a YouTube video of a Pastor's sermon on Flat Earth and the Mandela effect. For anyone that believes in Flat Earth, is weighing in the "evidence" for flat earth, or for anyone that knows someone imprisoned by this psychological operation, please listen from 30 minures in:

Be sure to listen to what he says at the end. Flat Earth, Mandela Effect, and Date setters for the Rapture, are destroying the church from within.

He's right ya know. These psyops are a direct attack against the church. Despite some comments that "flat earth brought me to the church", what does the majority of the secular population think about the church when they hear these crazy messages?

Who in their right mind would want anything to do with Christianity when Christians are proclaiming the Earth is Flat, a "spiritual force" is changing history, and people like Harold Camping make the headline news claiming the Rapture is imminent? It's foolishness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟253,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟253,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Are you claiming that there is no poetry anywhere in the Bible?
The Bible states that Joshua commanded the sun to stop (also the moon).
That record/verses in the Bible is not a poem. Also Isaiah 38

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
The following is a YouTube video of a Pastor's sermon on Flat Earth and the Mandela effect. For anyone that believes in Flat Earth, is weighing in the "evidence" for flat earth, or for anyone that knows someone imprisoned by this psychological operation, please listen from 30 minures in:

Be sure to listen to what he says at the end. Flat Earth, Mandela Effect, and Date setters for the Rapture, are destroying the church from within.

He's right ya know. These psyops are a direct attack against the church. Despite some comments that "flat earth brought me to the church", what does the majority of the secular population think about the church when they hear these crazy messages?

Who in their right mind would want anything to do with Christianity when Christians are proclaiming the Earth is Flat, a "spiritual force" is changing history, and people like Harold Camping make the headline news claiming the Rapture is imminent? It's foolishness.

Saw these sermons when they came out. Prior to these, he would actually mention numerous flat earth experiments that show we aren't on a globe, and make the case for a flat earth from scriptures, then suddenly one day, it was like a switch flipped and he was suddenly very anti-flat earth. It was a sad thing to see him turn away from the truth in the matter when he was so close to understanding it.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
This is an interesting new discovery, but what it says is that the Moon passes through the outer part of the Earth's hydrogen geocorona, not that the Moon is inside the nitrogen-oxygen region that makes up the lower atmosphere.

Yup. I know. I read it. I never made the claim that the whole of the firmament was a nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere.

Upvote 0

Romans 8

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟137,253.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
it was like a switch flipped and he was suddenly very anti-flat earth.

The switch that turned on was the realization he'd been had. it took some time but he came to his senses. You will too. Don't be too hard on yourself when it does, a lot of people have fallen for this. It's a psyop, designed to snare you.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
The switch that turned on was the realization he'd been had. it took some time but he came to his senses. You will too. Don't be too hard on yourself when it does, a lot of people have fallen for this. It's a psyop, designed to snare you.

I think he just couldn't handle the criticism he was getting at the time from both sides of the issue and chose the easier path.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟253,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That doesn't answer the question though.
Actually it does, because in the first place you took part of what i said and tried to say i claimed there is no poems in the Bible. Where if you would have read what i wrote, it can be seen that i was saying Joshua and Isaiah are not poems.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually it does, because in the first place you took part of what i said and tried to say i claimed there is no poems in the Bible. Where if you would have read what i wrote, it can be seen that i was saying Joshua and Isaiah are not poems.

So they can't contain any poetry, without the whole books being poems?

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible states that Joshua commanded the sun to stop (also the moon).

That record,verses in the Bible is not a poem. Also Isaiah 38

So from the witness of the Bible i believe that when Psalms 19: states that the suns circuit is from one end of heaven to the other. That is speaking to the sun actually moving over the earth just like the verse states.
The Bible writers wrote from their own viewpoint. Unless God id specifically referenced, as in "And God said ... Let there be Light", ... the scriptures present the viewpoint of humanity.

So from these references, ... you get Joshua's viewpoint, ... and Isaiah's viewpoint, which is fine, ... but doesn't tell the whole story ...

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Saw these sermons when they came out. Prior to these, he would actually mention numerous flat earth experiments that show we aren't on a globe, and make the case for a flat earth from scriptures, ...

He doesn't seem like he would ever have been a Flat Earther. Do you have video evidence that he did ?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟253,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The Bible writers wrote from their own viewpoint. Unless God id specifically referenced, as in "And God said ... Let there be Light", ... the scriptures present the viewpoint of humanity.

So from these references, ... you get Joshua's viewpoint, ... and Isaiah's viewpoint, which is fine, ... but doesn't tell the whole story ...

And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is indeed at work in you who believe.

Upvote 0