Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
True, and he is fat as he himself has said, but I was not attacking Christie, I was explaining the funniness of Rand's hilarious joke. :wave:

What do you think "King of Bacon" meant?

Seriously?

You do know what pork means in a political sense don't you?

Upvote 0
H

HorsieJuice

:scratch: An "off the deep end conservative" isn't a Democrat with an "R" beside their name?

I suppose I could have worded that a little better.

He is neither an "off the deep-end conservative," nor a "Democrat with an 'R' beside his name."

Pragmatism is a trait that's still driven by one's values and ideals. Anyone can be "pragmatic," in fact many people are, regardless their politics, particularly when they're devoted to whatever their ideals might be. I think you'll find most businessmen eminently pragmatic, for example; they pretty much need to be.

Getting to the point is no different. Anyone can do that, irrespective of their ideals or values. But I agree - it'd be nice if more would - particularly in the realm of politics.

I agree. My position is that if I have to accept a president with Christie's policy positions (many of which I don't agree with), I'd prefer that person to be pragmatic and frank (as Christie tends to be) instead of evasive and overly-ideological (as many other politicians tend to be).

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Lunchtime for the King of Bacon ...

asian-guy-eats-burger-with-1050-peices-of-bacon.png

... over 1000 pieces of bacon.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seriously?

You do know what pork means in a political sense don't you?

But he didn't call him the king of pork, he called him the king of bacon. IMO, that's intended in part to take a shot at his weight. When I first read the title to this thread, I didn't think "Rand Paul criticized Christie for pork-barrel spending" I immediately thought "Paul called Christie fat".

Upvote 0

ReardenSteel

Jul 24, 2013
✟7,949.00
Faith
But he didn't call him the king of pork, he called him the king of bacon. IMO, that's intended in part to take a shot at his weight. When I first read the title to this thread, I didn't think "Rand Paul criticized Christie for pork-barrel spending" I immediately thought "Paul called Christie fat".
Do you know what bacon is?

Upvote 0

Bedford

May 10, 2013
✟13,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Furthermore, pork can be considered to be a low fat meat depending on the cut, and bacon is not one of those cuts.

We do not call it bacon spending, we call it pork spending, and Paul's comment towards Christie is accurately described as an insult to his weight.

Upvote 0

Bedford

May 10, 2013
✟13,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Do you know what bacon is?

bacon is a cut of meat.

Pork is meat from a pig or what they call allocations of money tacked onto legislative bills designed to help individual districts or states.

Now that you know what bacon is, don't you agree that using the phrase "King of Bacon" is an insult to Christie?

Upvote 0

ReardenSteel

Jul 24, 2013
✟7,949.00
Faith
bacon is a cut of meat.

Pork is meat from a pig or what they call allocations of money tacked onto legislative bills designed to help individual districts or states.

Now that you know what bacon is, don't you agree that using the phrase "King of Bacon" is an insult to Christie?

Bacon is a cut of pork, specifically. It is clear you didn't know that based on the definition you provided. I will let you revise your last question now that you have a proper understanding of the term "bacon".

Upvote 0

Bedford

May 10, 2013
✟13,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Bacon is a cut of pork, specifically. It is clear you didn't know that based on the definition you provided. I will let you revise your last question now that you have a proper understanding of the term "bacon".

Pork is not a cut of meat?

Now it seems like you are just making up stuff.

Never heard of turkey bacon, have you? :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ReardenSteel

Jul 24, 2013
✟7,949.00
Faith
Upvote 0

Bedford

May 10, 2013
✟13,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Turkey bacon is prepared to resemble bacon, and is sometimes referred to as bacon, but it is not bacon by definition.

Bacon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wikipedia?

Does this mean you are now a butcher? Maybe you are a CMC?

If you want to continue with this ignorance,

tell me where saying that "bacon is a cut of meat" is wrong, and why would you waste a second of time trying to correct me on a meaningless discussion?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ReardenSteel

Jul 24, 2013
✟7,949.00
Faith
wikipedia?

Does this mean you are now a butcher? Maybe you are a CMC?

If you want to continue with this ignorance,

tell me where saying that "bacon is a cut of meat" is wrong, and why would you waste a second of time trying to correct me on a meaningless discussion?
It is not a wrong definition, but an incomplete one. I will stop as soon as you either admit you're wrong or stop making silly statements.

Upvote 0