Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
For those that have a problem with Islam and Muslims. Is it the first world, third world or entire scene of islam/muslims that you object to?

I have no problem with Islam what so even. What I have issues with are Fundamentalist...actually any Fundamentalist, be they Muslim, Christian, Atheist, Humanist, Hindu, Buddhist, Eco terrorist, Liberals, Conservatives, what ever. They are the ones that I see causing division and hatred between people.

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As long as the equal worth and dignity of men and women is respected, I have no issues with Islam that come to mind immediately. But the only time I'm going to cover my head again is if there is an infestation of flying lice, and I have yet to see one of those.

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My only quarrels with Islam are things that will eventually be ironed out with time and advancement of the areas where Islam is the predominant religion.

Islam will accept women as equals?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
I have a problem with religious extremism/fundamentalism, regardless of the religion in question.
The media sometimes create the impression that contemporary Islam tends to be far less capable of debate, criticism and satire than other religions (case in point: Muhammad caricatures in sweden, the man hunt on Salman Rushdie), and that renders the whole religion somewhat suspect to me, but if there are believers out there who are NOT like that, I have got no problem with them whatsoever.

What I do not like about Islam in general, however, is its rampant sexism, its rigid legalism, and a legal system that looks positively archaic and barbarian from the vantage point of the 21st century.
A religion that oversexualizes the female body to the point where even her hair (or facial features) have to be hid in public, places women in total subjugation and dependency to their husbands or male relatives, has strict rules for virtually any act you can think of, including wiping your nose or using the toilet, declares music and figurative art to be evil (along with wine and bacon), and embraces a concept of justice that involves chopping off hands and heads....

Well, let's just say that it's not for me.

Upvote 0

wn123455

Sep 14, 2013
✟16,444.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nailed it.

Also, they don't like dogs. It's very unfriendly to dislike man's best friend.

Your Daily Muslim: Hasan Küçük | Your Daily Muslim
Apparently, poisoning dogs in Spain isn’t enough, now Muslims are attacking people walking their dogs | BARE NAKED ISLAM
SPAIN: Muslims carry out jihad on dogs | BARE NAKED ISLAM
Some people will probably consider Bare Naked Islam and Your Daily Muslim as hate sites so I will try to get a more mainstream media source tomorrow. Bare Naked Islam does however link to a mainstream media news website on it's articles.
Under Siege? Spain Resists Islamic 'Invasion' - World - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GabrielWithoutWings

Strolling through Naraka
Jul 25, 2006
Gainesville, Georgia
✟9,703.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
For those that have a problem with Islam and Muslims. Is it the first world, third world or entire scene of islam/muslims that you object to?

-It's very difficult to separate Islam from the culture around it
-Islam has forgotten its golden age and (a lot of the time) has regressed to fundamentalism that's so rigid, people with new ideas are threatened or killed
-It's iconoclastic. I love sacred images and Islam has removed a great deal of the sexiness and aesthetic beauty out of religion (unless you're counting calligraphy which can be rather beautiful)
-No bacon and no dogs? I'm from the American South. You don't tell me that I can't have dogs and bacon. Period.
-Islam seems to be one of those religions that sits around waiting to get offended at anything and everything.
-Islam glorifies wealth as a sign of God's favor. This is recipe for disaster and is the same thing as Joel Olsteen's ridiculous prosperity gospel.

Upvote 0

WoodrowX2

Nov 27, 2013
North Dakota, USA
Visit site
✟9,599.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Nailed it.

Also, they don't like dogs. It's very unfriendly to dislike man's best friend.

You may want to look up a little about Salukis and Afghan Hounds. Saluki is an Arabic word and the approx meaning is "My Gift from Allah"

There are restrictions in owning and raising any animal, including dogs. One of these being they can not be sold for profit. They have to have a purpose and not kept as an enslaved piece of property. they must be treated with kindness, respect and dignity. There is a lot of responsibility to own a dog or any animal.

The mistaken belief we "Hate" dogs come from a misunderstanding of a Hadith actually 6 Ahadith. 6 men wrote of the time Muhammad was speaking to a group and one person asked if there were any animals it was permissible to kill on sight. He answered there were 3 and named them.

Five of the witness wrote that Muhammad(saws) said it was permissible to kill 3 animals and named them one of them being Mad(Rabid) Dogs.
One witness left out the Mad and just wrote Dogs. That is considered a weak Hadith as 5 witnesses contradicted him. Yet, that is the hadith many non-Muslims seem to quote and see it as proof we hate dog's.

Of Course we hate dogs. Pictures of us prove that:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ2SbCvtmo0[/youtube]

Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I don't have a problem with Muslims. I have a huge problem with the poisonous Salafi Wahhabi sect of Islam that Saudi Arabia so virulently promotes throughout the world, however. But I know most Muslims hate Wahhabis. The Wahhabis have created so much hatred and violence in the world.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟869,241.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

A knowledgeable Muslim lady on here once told me that dogs cannot be kept as pets simply because they are dirty, lowly animals.

Upvote 0

WoodrowX2

Nov 27, 2013
North Dakota, USA
Visit site
✟9,599.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
A knowledgeable Muslim lady on here once told me that dogs cannot be kept as pets simply because they are dirty, lowly animals.

I have had some salafi tell me the same thing. I also had some salafi tell me there is a Hadith that says Satan created dogs.

You will find difference of opinion among Muslims about almost everything.

However, I believe you will find the majority of us believe dogs can be owned especially if we have a purpose such as a Guard or warning dog, a working dog in any capacity, a hunting dog etc.

In Saudi quite a large percentage own Salukis.

Some Fatwas regarding dogs:

SOURCE

SOURCE

SOURCE

Also in Surah al-Kaf the people of the cave had a dog living in the cave with them. There was no condemnation of this.

Upvote 0