✟12,374.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My preferences or requirements for a future husband would be -

1. He would be a committed Christian.
2. He would be genuinely kind and meek.
3. I would actually prefer a man who is a bit shy or not particularly socially competent. These are characteristics I possess and I believe having this in common would allow us to relate better to one another.
4. I like men who fit the profile of a stereotypical "nerd" or "geek." Again, this is a compatibility issue.
5. He would share some of my passions.

Reactions: Elizabeth8393
Upvote 0

GoingByzantine

Seeking the Narrow Road
Site Supporter
Jun 19, 2013
✟92,845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
My preferences or requirements for a future husband would be -

1. He would be a committed Christian.
2. He would be genuinely kind and meek.
3. I would actually prefer a man who is a bit shy or not particularly socially competent. These are characteristics I possess and I believe having this in common would allow us to relate better to one another.
4. I like men who fit the profile of a stereotypical "nerd" or "geek." Again, this is a compatibility issue.
5. He would share some of my passions.

In my part of the country, being nerdy is a bad thing, so maybe that is why I am still single. :D

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
In my part of the country, being nerdy is a bad thing, so maybe that is why I am still single. :D

What part of the country are you in? Where I've always lived, it's being geeky is the thing to be.

Reactions: Elizabeth8393
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Dude. You only *think* jealously may be a nice extra. The reality will hit when she's looking through your phone calling back all females in your recent call/text history. Scanning your emails. Stalking your every move on Facebook. Questioning why you were talking to "Linda" last night, when Linda is actually your grandmother.
Not that I am one, but some women go absolutely insane when jealous and insecure.

My husband had a friend who had to "check in" with his girlfriend every 30 minutes or else she would call him. We are even talking about when he was sitting in his cousin's backyard just hanging out with friends. Jealous girlfriend about guarantees your new nickname will be "hen-pecked".

Upvote 0
May 6, 2015
✟356.00
Faith
Protestant
Idealism only leads to disappointment and heartache. I think it's fine to have standards for oneself. But nobody is ever ideal. I find that a lot of more idealistic people struggle with loving the ideal man/woman they've created in their brains, and it hinders their ability to love their significant other as he/she is.

Wise words, simply put. Thank you.

Upvote 0

WirSindBettler

Hoc Est Verum
Feb 7, 2015
USA
✟1,347.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ideal? Can it be totally non-realistic?

Let me think.

An abstinent Confessional Lutheran (preferably a fellow Norwegian-American), who's a good cook, looks like Michelle Dockery, and who loves the cold.

Realistically?

An abstinent Christian who laughs at my stupid jokes and likes me.

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
1. Has a relationship with God, not religious views
2. Is accepting of my medical issues that will be with me for life and eventually be the death of me
3. Loves a crazy, nutty family
4. Is completely themselves just as I am

Upvote 0

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
Reaganomics: TOTAL FAIL
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My ideal woman is wealthy and actually practices (not merely professes) the Christian ideal of givingness and sharing. After all, God loves a cheerful giver.

One good thing in my favor is that she does NOT need to cook as cooking is my favorite hobby. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My ideal woman is wealthy and actually practices (not merely professes) the Christian ideal of givingness and sharing. After all, God loves a cheerful giver.

One good thing in my favor is that she does NOT need to cook as cooking is my favorite hobby. :)
But if she gave everything to the poor she isn't wealthy anymore.

Upvote 0

Unix

Hebr incl Sirach&epigraph, Hermeneut,Ptolemy,Samar
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
ECC,Torah:ModeCommenta,OTL,AY BC&RL,Seow a ICC Job
Visit site
✟139,217.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Even someone who has $1,100 a Month left for invoices housing food and consumption and has savings of a couple of thousands $, is wealthy:
But if she gave everything to the poor she isn't wealthy anymore.

Upvote 0

MiniEmu

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 19, 2015
UK
✟21,720.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I wanted to post something silly, but in the world of hypothetical partners I do have one ideal which would be really, really lovely. That ideal would be them entertaining the idea of any hypothetical children having a double barrelled surname. Just because I know my father is slightly upset that he is the last to carry his surname (there are very few people in the world with my surname - on record at least). It would mean a lot to him if, in this imaginary scenario, they'd consider his wish for any grandchildren to carry on the family name (at least in part).

Everything else can just fall into place, but that is important to me because I know how important it would be for my father to know that if children were ever even a possibility, they would carry part of our family name into the future.

That said, children are not really a possibility. But it's the thought that counts...

Last edited:
Reactions: redblue22
Upvote 0

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I actually have a really hard time calling that, as I've changed significantly.

For example, my faith swings in and out enough that I wouldn't be comfortable doing the "I only date Christians" thing. But I wouldn't date someone who's hostile to Christianity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CCHIPSS

Love will overcome evil (Romans 12:9-21)
Jul 10, 2014
Vancouver, BC
✟34,527.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
CA-Liberals
My ideal Christian lady would love to discuss theological things with me all day long. She would also love to discuss politics and world events with me and not be bored. And laugh at all my stupid jokes that no one else care.

My realistic Christian lady would be a Christian who comes to church with me. She won't find me boring. She will be patient with me and my interests. And she just likes me enough to keep on dating me. And eventually she just likes me enough to marry me.

Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟189,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I told my mom the other day that I'll know I've found the right woman when I meet a girl who can keep a baseball scorecard.

Haha, this is a good one. Actually, that is probably not so difficult to find. I know a lot of women are very passionate baseball fans.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Haha, this is a good one. Actually, that is probably not so difficult to find. I know a lot of women are very passionate baseball fans.

Well... I've met plenty of women who are "big baseball fans" but I'd really like to meet a girl who understands the technical side of the sport just as much as she appreciates the nostalgia of it. Even though the girls I've met say they love my SF Giants, they couldn't tell me what Nori Aoki's batting average is or even the meaning of WHIP. So that's my barometer.

Tell me you're a Giants fan? Sure, that's nice. Tell me—without looking at your phone—about Hunter Strickland's ERA prior to getting the call up to the Majors, and you have my attention.

Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟189,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well... I've met plenty of women who are "big baseball fans" but I'd really like to meet a girl who understands the technical side of the sport just as much as she appreciates the nostalgia of it. Even though the girls I've met say they love my SF Giants, they couldn't tell me what Nori Aoki's batting average is or even the meaning of WHIP. So that's my barometer.

Tell me you're a Giants fan? Sure, that's nice. Tell me—without looking at your phone—about Hunter Strickland's ERA prior to getting the call up to the Majors, and you have my attention.

Lol, okay. You have a point there. You are looking for a real baseball aficionado:) You are setting the bar very high. I still think it is possible to find this. I used to have a pretty extensive knowledge about the Yankees and knew stats/averages of their current players. Definitely not to the degree you just specified, but I could explain ERA, OBP, WHIP, etc. I even have a baseball encyclopedia of history and stats (sitting somewhere in my closet). I don't think my baseball knowledge is that inferior to most guys I talk to, and I know some other women who are pretty into baseball too. Perhaps the problem is SF Giants fans...Yankee fans are all very educated :)

Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0