Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I figure I will meet women. If one turns out to mysteriously fit with me, then that is her.

I have thought in the past that lists become too picky. I have since changed my mind. Lists are not picky enough. There are too many invisible and complex meanings to being self and person; one is unable to be able to draw delicately any more than the most basic qualities. Given the most room to speak, one can never explain the color red well enough for it to turn into the experiential knowledge of red.

No scientific listing of items adds up to who I hope for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
bruce-jenner-sex-change-surgery-regretting-10.jpg

Upvote 0

sehnsucht9

Sep 1, 2014
✟15,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My ideal guy would be: loyal.

I know what I want in someone but there are things I can't put into words. Every time I've wanted something God has turned me in the other direction and opened my eyes to things I never knew would be better for me. Of course I want certain things in a man that don't go against my own morals.

I know I completely over thought this questions. *sorry*

Reactions: Toro
Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kind
Gentle
Warm/Loving
Sense of humor
Loyal
Makes me want to be a better man. Not cause she nags my ears off, just me wanting to be better for her and myself.

As for her looks. Im not picky, I find a variety of women attractive. I prefer brunettes but a beautiful blonde is no less beautiful just cause hair color.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Kind
Gentle
Warm/Loving
Sense of humor
Loyal
Makes me want to be a better man. Not cause she nags my ears off, just me wanting to be better for her and myself.

As for her looks. Im not picky, I find a variety of women attractive. I prefer brunettes but a beautiful blonde is no less beautiful just cause hair color.

^ This.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
An addendum to my previous post, she must:

• Be intelligent.
  • Have a strong and proper grasp of the English language (in both spoken and written forms).
  • Have realistic expectations religiously, personally, vocationally.
  • Be steady and responsible; as in doesn't have a "great new idea for an Etsy store" every six days.
  • Not have any weird ideas about Christianity and in fact is well-read on theology and church history with a penchant for historic churches like the Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Anglican, Presbyterian and Lutheran Churches.
  • Have a sane family who exercise healthy boundaries with each other.
  • Have a relaxed demeanor regardless of the environment, doesn't get worked up.
  • Have a dirty sense of humor in private, but is well-mannered, polite and respectful when situations call for it.
  • Not just "tolerate" baseball and football season, but actively engages in it - maybe even dominating my Fantasy Football League.
  • Does not dominate my Fantasy Football League.
  • BONUS: Wants to change the world via practical means, such as clean drinking water or other humanitarian missions, and comprehends how those things matter to our lives as Christ followers

I pretty much agree with this, not trying to steal your answer but I agree with this.

Upvote 0

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Idealism only leads to disappointment and heartache. I think it's fine to have standards for oneself. But nobody is ever ideal. I find that a lot of more idealistic people struggle with loving the ideal man/woman they've created in their brains, and it hinders their ability to love their significant other as he/she is.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I wanted a tall dark haired man with a big of belly (teddy bear stuff). He needed to be educated and a Christian. And he needed to love country music.

I ended up falling in love with a skinny red-head who dropped out of college. At the time, I thought he was only into acid rock (learned later that he had a redneck side and loved country music too). He hated church (something from his childhood years) but he had a real relationship with God but more often communing in the outdoors. He eventually (with my support) returned to school and got his B.S. He had a work ethic that was strong. A promise meant everything to him. And he loved me more than anything else in the world...though I never figured out why...that is the definition of unconditional love.

Don't put too much store by your "ideal" because you might miss out on God's ideal person for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ubuntu

wayfaring stranger
Mar 7, 2012
✟33,907.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I wanted a tall dark haired man with a big of belly (teddy bear stuff). He needed to be educated and a Christian. And he needed to love country music.

I ended up falling in love with a skinny red-head who dropped out of college. [...] He loved me more than anything else in the world...though I never figured out why...that is the definition of unconditional love.

Don't put too much store by your "ideal" because you might miss out on God's ideal person for you.

That's very true! God's plans are not always identical with our plans and his ways are infinitely much higher than our ways!

It's certainly not a good idea to have too many "musts" and "doesn'ts" and reject people who actually are interested in us because a person isn't exactly what they “had in mind”. We might end up bitter and lonely if we are dwellers in a fantasy world when it comes to romance. People in the real world come in many forms and shapes and have multiple flaws... Yet true love transcends human imperfections!

Upvote 0

GoingByzantine

Seeking the Narrow Road
Site Supporter
Jun 19, 2013
✟92,845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The most important things to me in a potential girlfriend is that she is independent, strong willed and fun to be around.

To me nothing is worse then somebody with no aspirations, and no ambition.

Upvote 0

Unix

Hebr incl Sirach&epigraph, Hermeneut,Ptolemy,Samar
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
ECC,Torah:ModeCommenta,OTL,AY BC&RL,Seow a ICC Job
Visit site
✟139,217.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I specified today in another thread: http://www.christianforums.com/thre...n-somewhat-close-to-ge.7880129/#post-67519272
... and such girls are rare. But the tricky part is whether anyone is interested in me. The problems can be: if they don't think there's chemistry, if they thought I claimed to be funny and started to expect that I should make them laugh right from the beginning, or if they have very specific technical requirements about how to communicate and can't understand that I'm not willing to put loads of money into some way of communicating that I haven't previously needed. Usually if they think it's too much of an effort for them to email me, or if they require Short Message communication only on cellular phones, it won't work.
There's also one girl (very musically talented) who seems to require that I show up in Church in order to meet her - well because of studies I haven't had much time to go to Church: I was going today but they seemed to have stopped services on Sunday evenings - the good thing about that is that now I don't have to guess to which of the two services she is going.
I've been in touch with different kinds of girls and had the above problems. Whether I explicitly require the things in the post I linked to, doesn't actually seem to make much of a difference.
With the amount of hours I will be putting into research, I don't have the time to invest in developing more talents and interests in other to please and entertain a girl. So if she doesn't find Christianity and religion interesting, there's not enough things I could share with her or have in common. Life is too short to
excel at more things and there's not always enough money to take hobby-classes (such as piano). When I'm going to study in the nearby town which is a university town, I'm going to pick up parkour. This Summer I'm going to go to gyms and bicycle, as well as bicycle in the Autumn. If she thinks I don't have good enough health, then so be it.
If girls only look at a few certain things and totally disregard my qualities - then none of the ones I contact are going to be interested. I'm doing enough to attract girls. The only thing I need to keep in mind is to try to find a match - that's the key:
It's certainly not a good idea to have too many "musts" and "doesn'ts" and reject people who actually are interested in us because a person isn't exactly what they “had in mind”. We might end up bitter and lonely if we are dwellers in a fantasy world when it comes to romance. People in the real world come in many forms and shapes and have multiple flaws... Yet true love transcends human imperfections!

Upvote 0

RayofSun

Feb 22, 2005
Land of the ice and snow
✟121,331.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Be steady and responsible; as in doesn't have a "great new idea for an Etsy store" every six days.

This is a huge one.
I didn't realize how important it was to me even a year ago and when I did, I couldn't ever phrase it properly. But this is more important than being driven and having goals. Because if your goals are constantly changing and you're never achieving anything... what's the point? Sorry to be harsh.

Jealousy would make a nice topping.
Dude. You only *think* jealously may be a nice extra. The reality will hit when she's looking through your phone calling back all females in your recent call/text history. Scanning your emails. Stalking your every move on Facebook. Questioning why you were talking to "Linda" last night, when Linda is actually your grandmother.
Not that I am one, but some women go absolutely insane when jealous and insecure.

Upvote 0