your favorite era

hexa2002

Oct 8, 2004
Germany, Bremen
Visit site
✟15,207.00
Faith
Protestant
From the point of view 'historical interest': WW2 maybe, on the other hand, I love reading about each and every era, the more the better, of course time usually prevents me from reading as much as I want.

From a personal point of view: right now, I love parts of other decades or centuries but I would always choose the present. We couldn`t communicate like this right now if we wouldn`t live... well.. now (besides other technical or medical advancements). Most of us would have died already without modern medicine (although still far from being perfect of course). Adding hygiene and hard labour few people got older than 30-35 in all centuries before the 20th. I stay here, in this century :)

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
that's an interesting question.

World War 2 timeframe i find really interesting.

The Greek and Roman timeperiods i find interesting.

I even find the Russian Communist time period interesting. Even though it is something I need to do a lot of research on, but for some reason it seems really interesting to me.

Learning about the Ancient people and the tribes is a fascinating time. ie the aztecs and all those groups.

The Egyptian Time period is phenonmenal. just knowing with what little they had, or at least in comparison with what we have, and just how brilliant they seemed to be. plus, they must have been smart enough to make structures that have lasted for how long?

so i find a lot of the timeperiods in history, or a country's history very interesting, so it's hard to say one specific.

Upvote 0

Skittler

Sep 26, 2003
North Carolina
✟10,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
1800's - Because some great writers came from this period, poets (lord byron, john keats, edgar allan poe) novelist (charles dickens, charlotte bronte, nathaniel hawthorn, mark twain) etc..

Early 1900's - World war one and two, hitler, stalin, eisenhower, truman it all is interesting to me.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxServant86

Jun 27, 2003
Southern Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟318.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Seeing as I am a classicist-in-training, my vote goes in for the Classical period. Nothing's better than the feeling you get reading histories, plays and epics written over 2000 years ago, then thinking back to the way they lived and thought back then, and how it was not matched again in most ways until the early modern period (ie, medicine, historic method, science, philosophy, etc.).

In peace,

-Justin

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums