Russebby

Student of the human condition
Aug 24, 2004
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
✟487.00
Faith
Christian
Depends on time and place.

US HISTORY: I study the Old West and the 1950's.

ANCIENT HISTORY: Greece, from the Persian Wars to the Roman invasion. Good three centuries to study there. Most important three centuries in Western history.

MEDIEVAL HISTORY: Byzantium, circa 500 anno domini. Have a bigtime crush on Theodora. Honorable mention to the Black Death

RENAISSANCE HISTORY: Anything having to do with the origins of the Reformation. Big Erasmus nut.

MODERN HISTORY: Between 1775 and 1825. Virtually all modern political and cultural issues in Europe and the US stem from this period in time. Yorktown, Napoleon, and Beethoven dwell here.

CONTEMPORARY HISTORY: WWII, but then again, who ISN'T a WWII buff? ALso a fascination with the Vietnam War.

ASIAN HISTORY: China, circa 1400. How the Mongols effected China, how China was in a position to literally conquer the world and decided not to--these things fascinate me.

AFRICAN HISTORY: The Empire era, circa 1000 anno domini. The African empires of Ghana, Songhai, and Mali were more advanced than anything Europe had to offer at that time.

LATIN-AMERICAN HISTORY: The life of Simon Bolivar intrigues me. Also, the rise of Marxism, how Western influence did more to turn the poor into Marxist guerrillas than anything the USSR could have done.

ARIZONA HISTORY: Anything having to do with Barry Goldwater, Carl Hayden, and the city of Flagstaff (my hometown), I gobble up.

Upvote 0

Beau

Future USAF Officer
Apr 29, 2004
Wadsworth, Ohio
✟586.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I'd have to say that my favorite time period to study would be the late fifteenth-early sixteenth century's europe, especially during the reign's of Elizabeth I of England, and Prince Phillip of Spain. I have 5 books on that period, that describe many of the battle's and leader's in that time.

But I also enjoy learning about roman era (I'm about to start taking Latin) and up untill the sixteenth century...

And I could go on and on and on about history, so I'll stop here.

Upvote 0

Aduro Amnis

Self-proclaimed reincarnation of Eugene V. Debs
Dec 21, 2003
Arkansas
Visit site
✟17,220.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Beau said:
I'd have to say that my favorite time period to study would be the late fifteenth-early sixteenth century's europe, especially during the reign's of Elizabeth I of England, and Prince Phillip of Spain. I have 5 books on that period, that describe many of the battle's and leader's in that time.

But I also enjoy learning about roman era (I'm about to start taking Latin) and up untill the sixteenth century...

And I could go on and on and on about history, so I'll stop here.
Learning Latin aye?
Tell me what 'Aduro Amnis' means :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Glaz

Obama '08
Jun 22, 2004
✟24,137.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
16th-19th century British history, especially the colonial/ military aspects. The British Empire at its peak, the greatest civilization in human history. Many lows, many highs, never dull. I'm no expert, but this era always captures my imagination.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The late 1800's/ Early 1900s are my favourite. I love the way that people dressed and the way they treated others.

The class system interests me, no I don't think it was fair, but interesting.
Society was so much different back then.

I have been a huge Titanic fan since I was in grade 7, and I learned so many things about society and fashion, just from researching the ship. The different people that were on it, all of that. I think it would have been so cool to experience the atmosphere on a ship like that.

Anyway, that's my favourite time period. Or even a little earlier in the 1800's with all those little western towns. Little communities, where everyone knew everyone else, and helped each other out.

Upvote 0

HunterJon

The trees of today, are the stumps of tomorrow
May 4, 2004
Thurmont, MD but currently at Virginia Tech
✟15,472.00
Faith
Protestant
My favorite era would be the mid 1800's till 1918 in the Chesapeake Bay area of Maryland and Virginia. This was the era when market hunting for waterfowl was still a legal profession and it was the time when someone could legally use a punt or battery gun in America. This was also the time when someone could easily buy and hunt with the big 8 gauge goose guns. How we turned such a bounty of waterfowl into todays numbers has always fascinated me.

Upvote 0