Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Being saved is about living a life without the chains of sins. It is also about lifting your soul out of darkness into light, so that you can inherit the kingdom of heaven

Yes, sister, and 'lifting your soul out of darkness' happens WHEN we have the Lord Jesus in our heart ---right? That first means RECEIVING the Lord Jesus into our heart as our Savior for Heaven and 'best friend' ---as He surely is to me and many who know Him and walk and talk with Him daily. God says He "...honors them that honor Him". All mankind truly needs the Savior soon, for time is running out, I believe; and the Church will soon be raised up (often called 'rapture') to Heaven. I hope all readers here will be in that number.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Getting saved is a process of learning about how we are sinners, all deserving eternal hell, and how God sent His son Jesus, to die in our place. And on the 3rd day, Jesus rose and ascended to Heaven to sit next to the Father. And we are to truly believe in this, repent of our sins, then the Holy Spirit becomes one with you, and your sanctification begins and lasts till death, at which point, our souls go to be judged by Jesus. And either we are allowed into Heaven, or thrown into hell for eternity.

I agree with much of that, except I see that NO soul who is not "born again" now will ever get to the door of Heaven. The "judgment seat of Christ" there as Scripture shows is for rewards to the redeemed saints, not the lost sinners who go to Hades and then later to Hell fire when they die here. Look up always, brother!

Upvote 0

John Helpher

John 3:16
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
what comes next?

Do what Jesus and the disciples did. Forsake everything you have. Stop working for money and the things money can buy. Share all things in common with other Christians going into all the world teaching others to do the same.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace."

Everyone has their own way to benefit the world. Maybe one brings beauty through their art, another is good at making people smile, a third is handy at fixing things, and so on. I don't think everyone is called to a life of service 24/7 but we all get opportunities now and then to help someone else whether it's in a big or small way.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
hello all. i am in the process of getting saved (hardest thing i ever worked on) and am wondering, once a person gets saved, what comes next?

I would strongly suggest studying the word of God for yourself. Don’t rely on what anyone tells you that the Bible says, it’s very important that you read it for yourself because you can line up 30 Christians and ask them what a single verse means and get 300 different responses. So when your dealing with something as important as God’s messages to man I recommend taking it very seriously and go to the source of His word.

Upvote 0

4UallPraise

disabled entertainment
Apr 24, 2021
west coast
✟17,484.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Celibate
hello all. i am in the process of getting saved (hardest thing i ever worked on) and am wondering, once a person gets saved, what comes next?
Never go outside of God’s protection = Stay in Father’s will, wait for provision/ watch for over-emphasis on privilege and under-emphasis on responsibility. Carefully read the meaning of the name Baal. (spoiler: husband of One and slave of none) Love is the only due owing.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know this is a very late response to this thread. I'm not on this board as much as some of the others.

I don't know how you are coming along now but I wanted to say maturing as a Christian can take years at times. But our Father knows our hearts, our effort to keep trying.

The most important thing a Christian can do is keep in his Word daily. As someone else stated, study for yourself to show yourself approved. I had to learn that for myself and even left my church when certain doctrines they had taught could not be backed up in the Bible. The Bible should come first. Not to overload your donkey about that but man, even some churches can lead you astray. Seek what they teach and see if it can be backed up in the Bible.

The Holy Spirit will guide you through the day, but remember we all fall short, the point is we pick up ourselves and keep going. But we have to stay in his Word it's the only way to know God's overall plan, especially the future so we can equip ourselves and do accordingly to "his" will, not our own. That is a battle, I've been there and still struggle at times with certain things. but not like I used to. Sometimes it's hard to put him over self/spirit over flesh, especially in this day and age. Paul taught about things like this. But I would especially stop worrying about every little thing you do and start studying his Word. If you feel you have problem sin, ask his help. He's there, pray for guidance.

Upvote 0