Oregon
✟18,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there really peace or joy after salvation?? They seem odd to me in this instance. How can there ever be joy or peace when everyday you sin so much?
I feel already some days like literally everything i do is sinful. I cant do right. Despite what some say, works will definitely play a part in salvation. How does one experience peace knowing that every move you make goes against God??
Because Jesus died on the cross. God HIMSELF came to earth to take the consequences of sin into himself. He died, which in Deuteronomy is the curse prescribed for Israel (therefore all humanity) when they turn from God. But God, in his favor and kindness, rose Jesus from the dead, vindicating his message and providing a way out for his people. If you believe in Jesus’ message, and trust that what Jesus did on the cross is sufficient for your salvation, then with your believing loyalty God will also be loyal to you and remember your sin no more.

You think God didn’t know that all of the people who will follow Jesus will sin every day? He did, and he died on the cross for us anyway. Paul says to REJOICE at what God has done for us, there is no more room for guilt if you truly believe that the blood of the creator of everything covers all of your sin.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

KingsK.H.R.R.S

Holy, Righteous, Ratchet Squad
Mar 12, 2021
Oregon
✟18,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Works play a part, but not as if they earn your way. There is peace and joy after the revelation of Christ, because it's not about you it's about Him. Salvation is a death to self, a death to sin. If your every action goes against God, you have not repented and believed the gospel. If you believe your every action is against God, whatever gospel you have believed is not the true gospel.
Every action being against God and struggling with sin are two VERY separate things. Even Paul laments, “who will save me from this body of death!” Unless you claim to be completely sinless after your conversion?

Upvote 0

KingsK.H.R.R.S

Mar 12, 2021
Oregon
✟18,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just dont know what else to try.

I think this is your problem. How much do you read your Bible? How well do you know Jesus’ teachings? When I put my efforts into being a good disciple of Christ, things seem to fall into place better for me. Oh I still sin, like when people drive badly on the roads, I get angry and my anger then causes me to do something unloving to my neighbor. A teaching of our Lord comes into my head and I realize that I failed to love my neighbor as myself, therefore failed to love Jesus himself. I repent, and believe the Gospel that Jesus blood forgives me of my sin. I forgive that person for almost hitting me and pray that they forgive me too. I believe THIS is the path of sanctification, it’s not instant but we spend the rest of our lives in conversation with God through prayer to make us more and more like Jesus. Follow Jesus, try to be like Jesus, and when you sin repent and believe the Gospel.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So how is it that a person can believe, repent, get baptized, yet still not be reborn?? This is what i dont get. I have not seen any change in myself. What am i missing? I just dont know what else to try.
Try becoming Orthodox (no, this isn't some attempt to proselytize you into my religion, because I have no need for you to join my religion). You'll find the answer here, if you are one who truly is called to "hunger and thirst for righteousness".

Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟128,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That God the Father sent His son, Jesus, to die on the cross in our place. A man who never sinned, ever. He arose on the 3rd day and is in Heaven right now, sitting at the right hand of the Father, waiting for the time for Him to come back to earth. Jesus came to save sinners, which is every person ever born, currently living, and those yet to be born.
So you believe Christ can raise Himself from the dead, but not that He can wash you clean of sin?

Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟128,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Every action being against God and struggling with sin are two VERY separate things. Even Paul laments, “who will save me from this body of death!” Unless you claim to be completely sinless after your conversion?
Not sinless, but perfect. I, like every Christian ever, still deal with sinful desires and lapse into sin from time to time but my actions are in accord with my faith and Christ makes me ever more perfect. The struggle against sin is not a matter of willing myself to not sin, but lifting my eyes when I do sin to keep them on Jesus who is my only hope of salvation. Not taking my own actions lightly, but not letting the accuser shift my focus onto me when it needs to be firmly on my Shepherd.

Upvote 0

KingsK.H.R.R.S

Mar 12, 2021
Oregon
✟18,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sinless, but perfect. I, like every Christian ever, still deal with sinful desires and lapse into sin from time to time but my actions are in accord with my faith and Christ makes me ever more perfect. The struggle against sin is not a matter of willing myself to not sin, but lifting my eyes when I do sin to keep them on Jesus who is my only hope of salvation. Not taking my own actions lightly, but not letting the accuser shift my focus onto me when it needs to be firmly on my Shepherd.
Ok I might have misunderstood your first post. I agree we are to be mature in Christ and that’s a lifetime pursuit.

Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
hello all. i am in the process of getting
saved (hardest thing i ever worked on) and am wondering, once a person gets saved, what comes next?

You read and study Gods word, pray, and attend worship services. Additionally, you should do your best to live your faith, spread the good news, and be of service to your fellow man.

In your daily prayers, don't forget to sincerely ask for forgiveness and the strength to repent.

Lastly, do all to the glory of God.

Upvote 0

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
So you believe Christ can raise Himself from the dead, but not that He can wash you clean of sin?

i dont doubt that Christ’s death is more than enough to cover our sins. My problem is basically assurance. My life isnt producing good fruit. I could be saved and not know it because im looking for good fruit but i dont see any. Theres no peace or joy, and no matter how much i repent, it just doesnt seem to be enough.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
i dont doubt that Christ’s death is more than enough to cover our sins. My problem is basically assurance. My life isnt producing good fruit. I could be saved and not know it because im looking for good fruit but i dont see any. Theres no peace or joy, and no matter how much i repent, it just doesnt seem to be enough.
It sounds as though you're warring with yourself. Unnecessarily.

But if you cannot quiet your conscience, you probably should take it up with your pastor. This isn't something he's never heard of before.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟128,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not just a matter of covering sins, though. It seems to me you have acknowledged the gospel but do not believe it. Pray to Jesus "I believe, help my unbelief."

Upvote 0

KingsK.H.R.R.S

Mar 12, 2021
Oregon
✟18,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Do you have a pastor you can talk to about this? The Way was never meant to be walked alone. It takes the community of believers (the church) to help each other out. There is only so much we can do to help you on an online forum.

I highly suggest you find a church near you who spends time in God’s Word (the Bible), you can tell this by asking if they have Bible studies and/or any sort of Bible teaching during the week. Ask to talk to an elder or the pastor about what you are struggling with.

Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Is there really peace or joy after salvation?? They seem odd to me in this instance. How can there ever be joy or peace when everyday you sin so much?
I feel already some days like literally everything i do is sinful. I cant do right. Despite what some say, works will definitely play a part in salvation. How does one experience peace knowing that every move you make goes against God??

Works do not play a role in our salvation, Gods grace, for Christs sake through faith is the source of our salvation, nothing else. It is easy at first to be drawn into mixing works, and faith, and we should try our best to live our faith, but if you try to mix works into the solution, you will fail, and you will fall into despair. Faith does not give us a license to sin either, but we will all sin daily, both deliberately and in error, in our thoughts, words, and deeds and in what we have done and left undone, what Martin Luther called the "old man on our back". Do not despair, sincerely seek Gods forgiveness, and ask for strength to repent. God see's you through the blood of Christ, he knows our righteousness is as filthy rags, and that no one does good, no not one. However, the just will live by faith, and if heaven is only a place for non sinners, then it will be empty.

As far as peace and joy are concerned, Christians are generally joyful, because we know that life here is but a second in all of eternity, and we know we have eternal life, not because we are special, but because the son of god is special.

As far as peace goes...no one ever promised life would be a rose garden.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The following link lists several sins in detail, something you may be interested in.

It also entails part of the scripture of the parable of the sheep and the goats, showing us things we must do as a Christian. I strongly recommend you read the parable in full, if you haven't already.

Five Biblical Lists of Mortal Sins - Community in Mission

Welcome.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Works do not play a role in our salvation,

This post is not to argue that point, not on this thread anyway, but to simply tell Lifelong_sinner that is not true, and that you need to check for yourself.

And coincidently, the parable of the sheep and the goats from my last post, makes it painfully clear just one "works" we must do in order to get to heaven. So, once again, please read it.

You may also want to look up the scripture that states, beyond doubt, "Faith without works is dead".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GraceBro

Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.
Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟102,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hello all. i am in the process of getting saved (hardest thing i ever worked on) and am wondering, once a person gets saved, what comes next?
If you have accepted Jesus Christ, you are saved. There is no "process of getting saved." Also, get rid of the "lifelong sinner" moniker. God sees you as His child. You now have the Holy Spirit living in you and you get to grow in the grace and knowledge of your God and Savior, who you are in Him and all you have inherited as a result of being a child of God. Here are some teachings I would suggest listening to that can help you grow:

1. The Gospel -https://www.livinggodministries.net/living_god_ministries/radio_archive/the_gospel.htm
2. Understanding forgiveness - Living God Ministries - Forgiveness
3. Your identity in Christ - Living God Ministries - Your Identity in Christ

Listen to them in order so they make sense.
Welcome to the family.
Grace and Peace

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This post is not to argue that point, not on this thread anyway, but to simply tell Lifelong_sinner that is not true, and that you need to check for yourself.

And coincidently, the parable of the sheep and the goats from my last post, makes it painfully clear just one "works" we must do in order to get to heaven. So, once again, please read it.

You may also want to look up the scripture that states, beyond doubt, "Faith without works is dead".

One of the most misunderstood verses in scripture.
James was not teaching that you did works to receive justification
it's that when you were justified by faith you showed it by doing works.

The thief nailed on the cross next to Jesus didn't do any works after his conversion, Jesus promised him paradise, totally justified by faith alone. He had no way to do works after that point, he was nailed to a cross and would die later that day.

What James was teaching, was that if you profess Christ and then go around living like the world... do you really believe? Saving faith produces a change in behavior and action as a byproduct.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One of the most misunderstood verses in scripture.
James was not teaching that you did works to receive justification
it's that when you were justified by faith you showed it by doing works.

The thief nailed on the cross next to Jesus didn't do any works after his conversion, Jesus promised him paradise, totally justified by faith alone. He had no way to do works after that point, he was nailed to a cross and would die later that day.

What James was teaching, was that if you profess Christ and then go around living like the world... do you really believe? Saving faith produces a change in behavior and action as a byproduct.

Start a thread if you like.

Upvote 0

Bruce Leiter

A sinner saved by God's astounding grace and love
Jun 16, 2018
West Michigan
Visit site
✟56,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Getting saved is a process of learning about how we are sinners, all deserving eternal hell, and how God sent His son Jesus, to die in our place. And on the 3rd day, Jesus rose and ascended to Heaven to sit next to the Father. And we are to truly believe in this, repent of our sins, then the Holy Spirit becomes one with you, and your sanctification begins and lasts till death, at which point, our souls go to be judged by Jesus. And either we are allowed into Heaven, or thrown into hell for eternity.

What's next? I can say after 62 years since I was saved at the age of 16 that you can remember what's next with the following three groups of words that describe the Bible's message with its different aspects: "Sin-salvation-service," "guilt-grace-gratitude" (the pattern of Romans), and "lost-loved-loving." You're on my prayer list, because we both must lean completely on Jesus' victorious death and resurrection for ongoing spiritual progress.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hello all. i am in the process of getting saved (hardest thing i ever worked on) and am wondering, once a person gets saved, what comes next?
That’s a great question. The key is letting Christ rule in your life. That seems to be a continuing struggle for most professing Christians. Remember, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Upvote 0