Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You receive the Holy Spirit, who lives within you and guides you into acting according to the will of God. Then, your body dies but you -- your soul -- lives forever in God's presence.

Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟171,138.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
hello all. i am in the process of getting saved (hardest thing i ever worked on) and am wondering, once a person gets saved, what comes next?

What do you understand by "getting saved"?

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
hello all. i am in the process of getting saved (hardest thing i ever worked on) and am wondering, once a person gets saved, what comes next?
A mix of good and bad, a heavenly sunset that begins a glorious song for our LORD or it's like being thrown in a cesspool while you're world crumbles before you.

Upvote 0

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Getting saved is a process of learning about how we are sinners, all deserving eternal hell, and how God sent His son Jesus, to die in our place. And on the 3rd day, Jesus rose and ascended to Heaven to sit next to the Father. And we are to truly believe in this, repent of our sins, then the Holy Spirit becomes one with you, and your sanctification begins and lasts till death, at which point, our souls go to be judged by Jesus. And either we are allowed into Heaven, or thrown into hell for eternity.

• Useful
Reactions: 1watchman
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
live your life and do as good as best as you can, forgive others who have wronged you,Try to keep a good spiritual life, spread the message to others respectfully?

Upvote 0

Freth

Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟372,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single

Being a Christian is a life change. We let go of our old sinful self and take on righteousness and a desire to do God's will.
  • Have faith and trust in the Lord.
  • Renew yourself daily through prayer and grow your personal relationship with Jesus. Take your burdens to Him in prayer and let Him remove the weight from your shoulders.
  • Read God's word and apply it to your life.
  • Immerse yourself in your Christian walk.
  • Repent. Resist sin. God promises that He will not allow us to be tempted above our ability to overcome and will always provide a means of escape.
  • Let your light shine. Lead by example. Others will notice the change in you, giving you the opportunity to share your faith.
  • Have regular fellowship with other Christians. It is a blessing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hi, "LS."

You get saved, then you want to embrace and live the kind of life that your Savior advocated.

You will want to live that way rather than as you had done before (and I don't mean to say it was completely evil or thoughtless, etc.) for the reason that life as it had been before will have become inadequate in your eyes.

Upvote 0

NomNomPizza

Feb 23, 2021
Warsaw
✟14,265.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Salvation isn't process you get sealed the time you believe read

1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,

2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
what comes next?

Loving God for His salvation work in your heart is what comes next. i think that faith in God's grace brings us this love. Once we begin to realise how bad sin is, and how gracious God is to save us from it through the blood of His son, love for God begins to grow big time.

The more love for God grows the more we will love our neighbour as well. For God loves all to be saved and that should be our wish as well. Love for God grows such love and dedication to God that we do those things God determined before the foundation of this world that His chosen people would do. In reality we need to be saved many times because each time we sin we have to be saved from it. Mourning sin comes when we love God for His grace.

Peace.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟125,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Christian life is not a life of before/after. We are saved at conversion, we are being saved through sanctification, and we will be saved at final judgment. Our salvation is now, but it is not yet. Present, but future. So what comes when we are thoroughly and completely saved? A new creation. What comes after being saved at conversion? A life lived in the grace of God, drawing ever nearer but only reaching our goal when Revelation 20-22 is made manifest. Eternal life begins the moment we die in baptism.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
My previous post was removed and I think it was misunderstood.
I was not meaning to demean or flame the OP but that was heartfelt honest talk.
Because I have struggled with the same thing as the OP, I was giving testimony to how I was changed in respect to that struggle.

Upvote 0

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Is there really peace or joy after salvation?? They seem odd to me in this instance. How can there ever be joy or peace when everyday you sin so much?
I feel already some days like literally everything i do is sinful. I cant do right. Despite what some say, works will definitely play a part in salvation. How does one experience peace knowing that every move you make goes against God??

Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟125,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there really peace or joy after salvation?? They seem odd to me in this instance. How can there ever be joy or peace when everyday you sin so much?
I feel already some days like literally everything i do is sinful. I cant do right. Despite what some say, works will definitely play a part in salvation. How does one experience peace knowing that every move you make goes against God??
Works play a part, but not as if they earn your way. There is peace and joy after the revelation of Christ, because it's not about you it's about Him. Salvation is a death to self, a death to sin. If your every action goes against God, you have not repented and believed the gospel. If you believe your every action is against God, whatever gospel you have believed is not the true gospel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
If your every action goes against God, you have not repented and believed the gospel. If you believe your every action is against God, whatever gospel you have believed is not the true gospel.

And this is why i say getting saved is one of the most difficult things to do. But maybe i should explain more... when i go out, i usually break the speed limit. I almost always get mad at someone’s bad driving. I lie sometimes, i think bad things about people, i listen to heavy metal daily, and the list goes on and on.
The real craziness is at nite right before bed, i pray to God to forgive me and yet i cant even remember all the sins i committed that day.
I often times get jealous when i hear some people talk about how easy it was for them to get saved, and yet i cant seem to.
I just dont see peace or joy for christians, but i doubt too that many commit as much sinning as i do in a days time.

Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟125,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And this is why i say getting saved is one of the most difficult things to do. But maybe i should explain more... when i go out, i usually break the speed limit. I almost always get mad at someone’s bad driving. I lie sometimes, i think bad things about people, i listen to heavy metal daily, and the list goes on and on.
The real craziness is at nite right before bed, i pray to God to forgive me and yet i cant even remember all the sins i committed that day.
I often times get jealous when i hear some people talk about how easy it was for them to get saved, and yet i cant seem to.
I just dont see peace or joy for christians, but i doubt too that many commit as much sinning as i do in a days time.
It's certainly not easy letting go of that ego, but the gospel is not "you've got to be good enough for heaven" and if it were no one would make it. The gospel is God is good beyond your wildest imaginations and if you will allow Him He will reform you into who He intended you to be. There's work involved, but it's more a matter of cultivating the soil and letting God do the work. The gardner may put manure down, water the tree, and prune the branches but ultimately there is no fruit unless God grows it. Getting bogged down in trying to confess every sin is nothing more than trying to save yourself.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟105,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Works play a part, but not as if they earn your way. There is peace and joy after the revelation of Christ, because it's not about you it's about Him. Salvation is a death to self, a death to sin. If your every action goes against God, you have not repented and believed the gospel. If you believe your every action is against God, whatever gospel you have believed is not the true gospel.

we were saved from the foundation of the world ... this whole getting saved ( an unfinished work) is nonsense ... most still can not understand that our Father counted the cost before He built His house and this house being who we are ... we have yet to enter into His finished work (rest) but this not of our own labor as something we earn as you have rightly said ...

speaking of the true gospel ... the good news is that Jesus died in his sin and was raised on the third day ... a pattern which speaks to us all whether we understand it or not ...

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

The joy is in that you've found your King, your Lord, and your Savior.

Like, you know you have a purpose, and that it's not all pointless, that even when you suffer and struggle there is a point to it all that is going to be for your good.

This might seem silly but something that's kind of stood out to me recently. Most, if not all people have a deeply held desire for a hero/savior, I think it's God given. That's why we like movies and stories with heroes in them, that's why "hero worship" is a thing, that's that desire twisted and misused in the world. We have a desire for Christ as our Hero and to worship Him.

But anyway, so I was watching just some youtube videos.. reactions to certain scenes in movies and tv shows, for instance, the moment in "Avengers Endgame" where Captain America is able to pick up Thor's Hammer, or in the Mandalorian TV show where they have Luke Skywalker come and rescue the protagonists. I mean the setup is the protagonists are in great danger, the villains look like they're going to win .. then.. the camera shifts over to the Hammer starting to move (in the Avengers).. and I remember the theater got really excited. There's anticipation, this feeling that this desire they have, for a hero that they love to have his time to shine is about to be fulfilled, or in the star wars show, when the X wing shows up to the ship. There was that anticipation, the audience knows who they want it to be. As the hammer snapped into Cap's hand I heard someone behind me just say "yes!" This was something they hoped for and when they saw the signs that it was going to happen there was fulfillment and joy in that, and as the scenes go on in those videos the members of the audiences are reacting with joy and sometimes with tears in their eyes.

Understand that Jesus is the true fulfillment of that desire for a hero, a savior, saving us not only from our sin, but someday from the darkest and most dangerous times this world will ever face, and He's coming back to save you and defeat all our enemies, sin, death, the wicked of this world, and Satan himself. As a Christian you are seeing the hammer begin to wiggle metaphorically speaking, you're seeing that X wing make its approach right now, and there's that anticipation that your Savior is coming, a Hero that you love is about to have His time to shine, when He returns. That is part of the joy in being saved, that we know our Hero is coming back that we will have true fulfillment of that deeply held desire for a savior.

The peace comes from knowing that He has done what is impossible for you to do (win the battle against sin by yourself), so that you can be reconciled to God.

Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0