• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

you are God's little butterfly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
whatever you are going through, you need to surround yourself with God's word, God's people and the things that help you get by. you need to learn to get away from the things that make you feel dispair. one thing that pulls you id SI. it seems to give you a little high or fix. but really, it is keeping you from feeling better. help yourself get rid of SI by fighting it. not just in your thinking, but get rid of SI tools, and replace the area you SI with things that make you feel better. or a list of things to make you distract yourself.

you can do it! :hug:

when you start to replace SI with the things that keep you healthy, you gain self disapline, that is a far greater feeling.
when you mess up, you get right back on track. you force yourself at first, but remember you are surrounding yourself with better things... so it becomes much easier. God wants you to overcome, and He will help you overcome. :hug: He's waiting for you to make a commitment to try... for the first time or to get back up and start new.

how do you replace the feelings? by crying and praying your frustrations out, or writing it down, or making a post, or calling a crisis line, or phoning a friend, or taking a walk, or going for a run, by writing a poem, or listening to music... you do whatever it takes. or even go from one activity to the next.

like with any addiction, the first few tries are harder, but each time it gets easier, until it is only a tempation... but finally, it becomes the past, and you begin to heal. you surrounded yourself with good things, you got God's word in your life, across your heart... you have new ways of managing your feelings and you have gained those feelings of selfesteem, accomplishment, hope, you have become the survivor. your life is becoming a joy. you want to run to the good things. your spiritual growth is thriving and you feel like the child of God you should feel like. :hug:
icon12.gif

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Flurline.gif

being in God's word daily... is not only armor for fighting the lies of the world, but for fighting for spiritual truths.
SI is a huge lie. it's a quick fix that sucks you into more lies (the guilt of being unloveable, feeling like a failur). it tears us apart. all sin is like this. one big fix, but it's a lie. the bible helps us find the real deal. God's will... not only is it truth, but it builds and restores us. it is the living truth. it stays in your heart and makes you full of love, joy, peace, and hope.
it makes and keeps us stong to fight life's battles.
icon12.gif

Ephesians 6:10-18
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—

Flurline.gif

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Flurline.gif

One day at a time Sweet Jesus

Flurline.gif

teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. Matthew 28:20
Flurline.gif

15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
John 14:15-17
Flurline.gif

25 “These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:25-27
Flurline.gif

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
goldenviolet said:
Flurline.gif

Deuteronomy 4:39

Therefore know this day, and consider it in your heart; that the LORD Himself is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath;
there is no other.

Flurline.gif

Psalm 118:24

This is the day the LORD has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it.

Flurline.gif

Philippians 3:13

I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead.

Flurline.gif

icon12.gif
great daily food
icon12.gif

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Flurline.gif

Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought. Jeremiah 17:7-8
Flurline.gif

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Flurline.gif

God has chosen you to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. Colossians 1:27-28
Flurline.gif

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Flurline.gif

I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead. Philippians 3:13
Flurline.gif

But now,
O Israel, the Lord who created you says:
"Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. Isaiah 43:1
Flurline.gif

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Flurline.gif

I appeal to you, brothers,
in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.
1 Corinthians 1:10
Flurline.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. 1 Corinthians 10:13 :groupray:
icon12.gif
:bow: :prayer: :priest: :angel:

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
goldenviolet said:
whatever you are going through, you need to surround yourself with God's word, God's people and the things that help you get by. you need to learn to get away from the things that make you feel dispair. one thing that pulls you id SI. it seems to give you a little high or fix. but really, it is keeping you from feeling better. help yourself get rid of SI by fighting it. not just in your thinking, but get rid of SI tools, and replace the area you SI with things that make you feel better. or a list of things to make you distract yourself.

you can do it! :hug:

when you start to replace SI with the things that keep you healthy, you gain self disapline, that is a far greater feeling.
when you mess up, you get right back on track. you force yourself at first, but remember you are surrounding yourself with better things... so it becomes much easier. God wants you to overcome, and He will help you overcome. :hug: He's waiting for you to make a commitment to try... for the first time or to get back up and start new.

how do you replace the feelings? by crying and praying your frustrations out, or writing it down, or making a post, or calling a crisis line, or phoning a friend, or taking a walk, or going for a run, by writing a poem, or listening to music... you do whatever it takes. or even go from one activity to the next.

like with any addiction, the first few tries are harder, but each time it gets easier, until it is only a tempation... but finally, it becomes the past, and you begin to heal. you surrounded yourself with good things, you got God's word in your life, across your heart... you have new ways of managing your feelings and you have gained those feelings of selfesteem, accomplishment, hope, you have become the survivor. your life is becoming a joy. you want to run to the good things. your spiritual growth is thriving and you feel like the child of God you should feel like. :hug:
icon12.gif

practice little butterflies :angel:

Upvote 0

berry2000

May 21, 2006
California
✟16,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just wanted to encourage you all with this verse. Be encouraged my friends.

Romans 8:37-39
No in all these things we are more than conquerors, through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the past, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
berry2000 said:
Just wanted to encourage you all with this verse. Be encouraged my friends.

Romans 8:37-39
No in all these things we are more than conquerors, through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the past, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
:amen:
icon12.gif

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Flurline.gif

We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed and broken. We are perplexed, but we don't give up and quit. 2 Corinthians 4:8
Flurline.gif

Jeremy Riddle - Sweetly Broken
From the album Sweetly Broken

To the cross I look, to the cross I cling
Of its suffering I do drink
Of its work I do sing

For on it my Savior both bruised and crushed
Showed that God is love
And God is just

Chorus:
At the cross You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees, and I am
Lost for words, so lost in love,
I’m sweetly broken, wholly surrendered

What a priceless gift, undeserved life
Have I been given
Through Christ crucified

You’ve called me out of death
You’ve called me into life
And I was under Your wrath
Now through the cross I’m reconciled

Chorus:

In awe of the cross I must confess
How wondrous Your redeeming love and
How great is Your faithfulness

(2x’s)
Chorus:

Flurline.gif

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.