Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Campaign rhetoric during the GOP primary.

Trump was referring to McCain's political career more than his being captured, which was wrong, but the heat was going both ways during the campaign

Upvote 0

Nokomis

Aug 17, 2020
Arkansas
✟15,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
PolitiFact - Yes, Donald Trump did call John McCain a ‘loser’

tulc(this is President Trumps 137th pants on fire)
Eh, even if he said it, I don't think he would be factually wrong.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm reminded of a quote I just read:
“Just a reminder that Trump officially threatened to veto this year’s defense bill because he wants actual losers in the Civil War to have bases and installations named after them.”
— Sen. Brian Schatz (D-HI)
tulc(will just leave this here)

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pttf "he lost after that so I didn't like him much after that because I don't like losers" is what President Trump said. I think he earned that name "President". So we see why he called him a loser. Yeah.. he lost the race. And president Trump was right.

Its ok.. I understand in 2020 in any race everyone is a winner! PLEASE post facts tulc this is a Christian site not just one side of the story. I pray this is OK to ask. Please don't be offended.

Oh "Trump threatens to veto military bill over Confederate-named bases, forcing a showdown with Republicans". leave them alone is my view.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Trump not only said it about McCain getting shot down in a plane and becoming a PoW he also kept up the classless rhetoric after McCain passed away. :thankful:

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pttf "he lost after that so I didn't like him much after that because I don't like losers" is what President Trump said.
...the OP provided links to support what they said and he did call Sen. McCain a loser? So the OP was correct.

I think he earned that name "President". So we see why he called him a loser. Yeah.. he lost the race. And president Trump was right.
...and President Trump called him a loser. Which is what the article said. Which President Trump lied about and said he hadn't. So I'm sorry but I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Its ok.. I understand in 2020 in any race everyone is a winner! PLEASE post facts tulc this is a Christian site not just one side of the story.
Both sides of the story are: President Trump called Jon McCain a loser. And you agreed with him:
So we see why he called him a loser. Yeah.. he lost the race. And president Trump was right.[

I pray this is OK to ask. Please don't be offended. (snip)
Why would I be offended, you agreed the OP was right, I always like when people do that, so...thanks.
tulc(does appreciate people helping prove his point)

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Eh, even if he said it, I don't think he would be factually wrong.

I was in during the Vietnam unpleasantness. And a lot of people in America agreed with you back then. They figured we were all losers, even though we won every major battle we fought there. Didn't matter. Left and right, a lot of them were pretty ugly with veterans. It's mostly cleared up now, but some people still carry a bad attitude about it.

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let's cut through the nonsense. If you apply for a deferment or exemption, and you are granted one, you are not a draft dodger. End of story.
hmmm...paying a doctor to say you have a medical condition when you don't have it is one of the ways to dodge the draft, right? Because:
Donald Trump, who became President of the United States in 2017, graduated from college in the spring of 1968, and became eligible for military service. Trump however, due to a personal friend of his father's, a medical doctor, was granted a diagnosis of bone spurs in his heels. The diagnosis allowed Trump to receive a medical deferment, and the future President was able to avoid serving his country in the military during the Vietnam War.[166][167] Trump, due to this deferment, is recognized as a draft dodger by a large portion of the United States, and the military community.[168][166]Eder, Steve (26 December 2018). "Did a Queens Podiatrist Help Donald Trump Avoid Vietnam?". The New York Times, p. A1. Retrieved 16 August 2019.</ref>
found here: Draft evasion - Wikipedia
tulc(hopes that helps)

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
He wasn't a draft dodger.

Daddy paid off a doctor who was a tenant of his to write a note for Donny so he wouldn't have to go. Hence his nickname among veterans: "Cadet Bone Spurs."

You may be thinking of Bill Clinton.

Bill Clinton actually resigned his ROTC commission, and registered for the draft, rated 1-A. He didn't get called, but he could have.

ae28d676706895873ac4455ac31b6fd8.jpg

Upvote 0