Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You are really confused.

I would suggest that we interpret "lasthero's" OP differently then. Perhaps he will chime in and let us know who is confused and why. If I am the one confused, I have no problem admitting it. How about you? :)

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
I would suggest that we interpret "lasthero's" OP differently then. Perhaps he will chime in and let us know who is confused and why. If I am the one confused, I have no problem admitting it. How about you? :)

Sure - Juve, as usual, has no idea what's he's talking about. You're right, that's what the point is. Trying to figure out what the YEC answer is for why tar pits only yield fossils from a particular layer of strata. So far, disappointed. Also, AV doesn't even know what the argument really is, either.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,377.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you think the earth was created 6-10,000 years ago, then you're a YEC.
Again, you left the qualifier off; and I submit that's indicative of a mental block.

You certainly won't admit I claim a 4.57 billion year old earth exists, so you have to make up a 6000 year old earth, don't you?

I wonder why..

How many times has the Earth orbited the Sun, and what is your reasoning?
6015 times, based on the Bible's timeline, and assuming no gaps in the genealogies that account for anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sure - Juve, as usual, has no idea what's he's talking about. You're right, that's what the point is. Trying to figure out what the YEC answer is for why tar pits only yield fossils from a particular layer of strata. So far, disappointed. Also, AV doesn't even know what the argument really is, either.

I don't think you are trying to learn. But, just give you another chance to think about it:

Why can't we find, for example, an Eocene tar pit and examine Eocene fossil in the pit? Even you just learned the thing called tar pit, do you really believe that tar pit only existed since Pleistocene?

If you do not respond positively, then, sorry, this is my last contribution to your thread.

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think you are trying to learn. But, just give you another chance to think about it:

Why can't we find, for example, an Eocene tar pit and examine Eocene fossil in the pit? Even you just learned the thing called tar pit, do you really believe that tar pit only existed since Pleistocene?

If you do not respond positively, then, sorry, this is my last contribution to your thread.

Tar pits (seeps, bitumen leaks) only last on the order of thousands of years due to their nature of origin. That is why we don't see tar pits dating back further than the Pleistocene.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,377.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Um ... because other animals were smart enough to stay away from them?

Perhaps the types of animals found therein had a reason to be snooping around them?

Why is it only squirrels and rodents are found in swimming pools and artificial ponds?

I had a pool and once found a dead cat in it. Therefore your hypothesis is falsified.

Ditto, wasn't fun getting that out either, found out that the local Animal Control doesn't handle disposal of dead cats. (Turns out you just have to bag it & trash it)

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
"Well ... if this is the explanation you want me to accept, then I have one piece of advice for those guys who have shut the door on saying these lakes are indicative of evolution.

A piece of advice I've been giving here for over eight years:

Keep looking.

Exactly what we expect from you. Perhaps you will understand that some of us rely on evidence to gather our understandings, even if it is a practice you disregard.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps you will understand that some of us rely on evidence to gather our understandings,
I wish you guys really would for once.

Then you'd realize just how much there isn't any.

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wish you guys really would for once.

Then you'd realize just how much there isn't any.

Why is if that you want so badly that no evidence is shown? So you can PROVE that your faith is "true"? I don't know why though because faith shouldn't require proof or any kind of support, that's why it is called faith.

If God wanted everyone to believe in him he would simply make a limb regrow overnight. Isn't it funny how all kinds of terminal diseases (cancer, AIDS, etc) are cured in miracles but amputees never are? Are there no amputees of faith in this planet?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If God wanted everyone to believe in him he would simply make a limb regrow overnight.
Funny how He put Malthus' ear back on him, and they still didn't believe.

How is it you can say 'everyone would believe,' when they didn't?

(And they were there.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Funny how He put Malthus' ear back on him, and they still didn't believe.

Funny how that only happens in a book that nobody can verify. And even funnier is how all of those terminal diseases that I mention are still cured supposedly by God today.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Tar pits (seeps, bitumen leaks) only last on the order of thousands of years due to their nature of origin. That is why we don't see tar pits dating back further than the Pleistocene.

That is new. Why?

--------

lasthero: The response RickG made here IS an example of positive thinking. Got it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Exactly what we expect from you. Perhaps you will understand that some of us rely on evidence to gather our understandings, even if it is a practice you disregard.

You don't have evidence for your view of theistic evolution, do you?

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Funny how that only happens in a book that nobody can verify. And even funnier is how all of those terminal diseases that I mention are still cured supposedly by God today.

I'm living today because of God healing my terminal disease.

Upvote 0