write something nonsensical, surreal, silly. (3)

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
"I see a river slowly flowing in the night, as if washing the moon on its surface, and the bushes at its edge. The wind is still as if waiting for something. A crow flies overhead, black and silvery wings under the clear sky. The subtle sound of its flapping wings pierces the silent night. I await in the hush for the rising of the sun in all its beauty, to grace everything it touches." ~Forge3

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This is what Christmas is about, the coming and adventus entry of a Savior into the trenches, here, with us, in our darkness, blindness, and our oblivion to how utterly lost and hopeless is our lot, as we slowly but surely, deteriorate, dying little by little each day until in utter defeat we expire, breathe our last, and return to the dust from whence we came.

And in our oblivion we chose to despise the very One Who came to wrench us from the grips of a yawning pit of bottomless proportions, amidst eternal echoes of hopelessness and despair in a darkness that is as a black hole, where silently we swirl in regret after regret and hauntings of sorries that never got said....and there we are. Forever. Perhaps the Alpha and the Omega knows and sees what we cannot. Perhaps that is why He sent His only begotten Son. Perhaps the end of us is so inexplicably dire that He was compelled to take and do something extreme to stop it in its tracks. Perhaps we do not see the big picture because we are finite, while He has no such limitations.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Clarity be a good thing, otherwise how would ya' know where ya' are....could be yer in Alice's Wonderland and don't know it. And don't expect to get any answers from a strange cat you might see along the way. Cuz he'll just disappear into thin air, leaving only his grin behind.

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Dust in the Wind.

"I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind." ~Ecclesiastes 1:14

"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it." ~Ecclesiastes 12:7

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Come as a little child.

His promises are true. He never lies, and His grace supersedes ANY of our bumbles, stumblings, and faults. He IS to be trusted. When we come to Him as a little child, He DELIGHTS in us. Cuz when we come with our grown-up selves and the thinkin' and reasonin' that goes along with it, we actually think we can compete with Him or "help" Him with salvation. That's what the book of Ecclesiastes is all about. And it was written by the wisest mortal who ever lived. Solomon.

"At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes." ~Matthew 11:25

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
For Such is the Kingdom of God.

But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these." Luk 18:16

iu

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Nonsensical, surreal, silly?

That thread is all of those things.

Could G-d the FAther... the Ancient of Days be so emotional that He has wished from the beginning to bring all H-s children back to him...... even the fallen angels????

Most Christians will regard this as silly.......... and nonsensical......

Does Darth Vader = Azazel = Zeus???

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟755,182.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"Geez" snarled Tobit. "These humans would believe anything! And have they got any idea what it's like being a guardian angel? Not on your Nelly! They wouldn't have a clue!".

Mrs. Tobit, equally angelic but sexless, smiled sweetly. She'd heard it all before. She put the spud peeler on the side of the sink, twitched her nose and vaporised the peelings. No rubbish in heaven, and "We're bitter about litter" stickers were all over the boundary where heaven met the nether regions. Didn't want any of their filth on the gold pavements did they?

She turned to her husband, yet unmarried as per Regulation Matthew 22:30, both resident in one of the mansions, no point in bedrooms with doors as they both just walked through the walls, and slept standing up.

"What's the problem dear?" She wiped her hands on the apron, then realised she'd grabbed one end of Tobit's wings, wilted as they were after a long hard day in the human suburbs. But true male as he was (well, sort of), he didn't even notice.

Tobit's shoulders sagged. He dragged his wings off his back, slung them into the front loader, and poured in a full bottle of bleach. The Celestial Cops were tough on uniforms - angels on duty were expected to be whiter than white. You never knew when you might have to throw a party for some wretched prodigal son, who'd just turned up looking and smelling like a cod that's been left in the sun for a week.

He grunted. "You know how these humans live on a planet, which turns on it's axis, and goes around the sun?"

She nodded. "What had gotten into the old boy, ten thousand years and not a day younger?"

"And you know how the sun goes around the Milky Way, and the Milky Way goes around the universe?"

She smiled sweetly. This was going to take some time.

"And the whole thing spins on it's axis?"

"Well, yes, of course I do. I do guard duty too you know".

"Which means that this clown I'm supposed to be looking after moves at two million kilometres an hour!"

"So? They all do!"

"Well, this dark planet did a near fly by today and made the earth move just that much faster, like a sling shot!"

"And?"

"The Celestial Cops were waiting 25 parsecs west of the Southern Cross, not a sign of them, until I saw the blue lights flashing, and the next I know I got booked for speeding!"

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Geez" snarled Tobit. "These humans would believe anything! And have they got any idea what it's like being a guardian angel? Not on your Nelly! They wouldn't have a clue!".

Mrs. Tobit, equally angelic but sexless, smiled sweetly. She'd heard it all before. She put the spud peeler on the side of the sink, twitched her nose and vaporised the peelings. No rubbish in heaven, and "We're bitter about litter" stickers were all over the boundary where heaven met the nether regions. Didn't want any of their filth on the gold pavements did they?

She turned to her husband, yet unmarried as per Regulation Matthew 22:30, both resident in one of the mansions, no point in bedrooms with doors as they both just walked through the walls, and slept standing up.

"What's the problem dear?" She wiped her hands on the apron, then realised she'd grabbed one end of Tobit's wings, wilted as they were after a long hard day in the human suburbs. But true male as he was (well, sort of), he didn't even notice.

Tobit's shoulders sagged. He dragged his wings off his back, slung them into the front loader, and poured in a full bottle of bleach. The Celestial Cops were tough on uniforms - angels on duty were expected to be whiter than white. You never knew when you might have to throw a party for some wretched prodigal son, who'd just turned up looking and smelling like a cod that's been left in the sun for a week.

He grunted. "You know how these humans live on a planet, which turns on it's axis, and goes around the sun?"

She nodded. "What had gotten into the old boy, ten thousand years and not a day younger?"

"And you know how the sun goes around the Milky Way, and the Milky Way goes around the universe?"

She smiled sweetly. This was going to take some time.

"And the whole thing spins on it's axis?"

"Well, yes, of course I do. I do guard duty too you know".

"Which means that this clown I'm supposed to be looking after moves at two million kilometres an hour!"

"So? They all do!"

"Well, this dark planet did a near fly by today and made the earth move just that much faster, like a sling shot!"

"And?"

"The Celestial Cops were waiting 25 parsecs west of the Southern Cross, not a sign of them, until I saw the blue lights flashing, and the next I know I got booked for speeding!"

Tidy bit of smiley writing Bob C., not sure how the angels will take it though. Is this the first of an angelic 'soap' series?
Four months this neglected nook of CF has been without a post. Who knows what strange denizens will now appear? Whither went The Goblin and the Cheshire cat?, sighed Alice with a tear.
Don't forget - A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men but too much rots your teeth.
Go well
><>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dreamt I was a butterfly blissfully fluttering in the air. However, upon awakening I do not know if I was dreaming that I was a butterfly or am I now a butterfly dreaming that I am a human.
Or maybe we are all in a cocoon waiting to emerge as - ??
:)
><>

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Creator does care for all of us of his creation. It is amazing to consider for we can't see what there is in us to justify the love and care that from our Creator is not with any bounds or limitations, but is absolutely full, while never yet violating the righteousness or justice from him, in absolute goodness. And this is still for all of us, me, and you, and any human person, underling, troll, goblin, or airsponge.

Upvote 0