Would you listen to a Man of God aka Prophet that give you bad news? Friend is paying $7K to Prophet

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fine. But making money through lies and deceit as the alleged "prophet" in this case did is precisely fraud. Why try to defend it?

I guess you know more than the author of this thread then. They said that what the prophet says comes true. yet you continue to call the prophet and the OPer liars. I choose not to defend the prophet or you. I can only go by what the person in the situation has said.

If you want to start a thread about a prophet to says things that do not come true, you can.....but this is not such a thread.

I think saying that a criminal ought to be presecuted for his crimes, If that's stone throwing, then let's just discard the legal system.

You judged a man a criminal based on hearsay and you are ready to stone him... I would not like judgement passed on me by people who never met me and only have negative words from others. If this is how you would like things to go for yourself....by all means, continue to do it to others.... I find no fault in it.

So thinking a con artist should be jailed for robbing their simple minded victims is equivalent to killing an adulteress? Does the same apply to a burglar? "Yeah, he stole the poor widow's rent money, but she should have had better locks so it's her own fault", right?

If you believe that providing a service for any price and having a consumer agree to pay it is the same I stealing a widows rent money.....then I understand, now, where you are coming from. We disagree on what constitutes stealing/burglarization....therefore we will not agree on this topic.

She may believe he's Batman as well, but if he did what she said he's no prophet, but he is clearly a thief.

If she believes he is batman then, to her, he is batman....and nothing you can say will negate this truth....her truth.

I said Biden would win the election, does that give me a licence to steal from people? If so, would you like to volunteer to be my first victim? Surely you wouldn't mind being ripped off by a Prophet.

Ok so now you are using the term ripped off? Is this also the same as stealing and burglary? Why not just get rid of all the terms and just state the facts.

The guy asked for money to deliver items he claimed would benefit his client. The client agreed, based on pass successful claims and the exchange was made.

I am in no need of a prophet right now, but if you are good at any other service, I will consider giving you patronage.

That's a question for a judge to decide when the "prophet" is brought to trial.

Im all for having the Judge decide......It seems that you were passing the judgement yourself.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The best way to protect a child from accidents on the road is not to project hate for all cars or try to remove all cars from the street.........It would be best to teach the child, instead, how to safely navigate the roads, full of cars.
Then the same should apply regarding politics. No sense removing the cars because you don't want to hear them. :).

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then the same should apply regarding politics. No sense removing the cars because you don't want to hear them. :).
False prophets and cars are too numerous to eliminate, and there are no directives or procedures in place to remove them. Therefore it would be better to practice navigating around them. In politics.....there are terms and limits and voting to remove those we do not agree with. So, no, the same does not apply.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
.there are terms and limits and voting to remove those we do not agree with. So, no, the same does not apply.
The cancel culture would disagree as they try to remove political voices that disagree with their own. It is called censorship and that removes cars.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The best way to protect a child from accidents on the road is not to project hate for all cars or try to remove all cars from the street.........It would be best to teach the child, instead, how to safely navigate the roads, full of cars.
Do away with all traffic safety laws, then, and licensure, and safety equipment in cars. Free for all, and if if an innocent gets squashed, too bad, they should have stayed off the sidewalk.

Some interesting notions yiou have there mate.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess you know more than the author of this thread then.
Could be. I know that if he is as described here, he's a criminal. Again, that's what the criminal justice system is designed to handle. The victim isn't generally tried.

They said that what the prophet says comes true.
Yeah, and people think a clever cold reader "knows things that he can't possibly have known", when in fact he does not.

yet you continue to call the prophet and the OPer liars.
Not the OP, just the "prophet". A liar, and a swindler, and a thief. That's assuming what the OP said is true.

I choose not to defend the prophet or you.
I don't require any defense. The "prophet" deserves none, yet you insist on defending him and blaming his victim. I find that extraordinarily difficult to understand.

I can only go by what the person in the situation has said.
Just so. And if what the person has said is true, then the "prophet" ought to be in jail.

If you want to start a thread about a prophet to says things that do not come true, you can.....but this is not such a thread.
You're right, it's not about a prophet at all. It's about a criminal, whose actions you sem very keen to defend, and a victim who you seem equally as keen to blame for having allowed herself to be victimized. That's not Christian, that's just weird.

You judged a man a criminal based on hearsay and you are ready to stone him... I would not like judgement passed on me by people who never met me and only have negative words from others. If this is how you would like things to go for yourself....by all means, continue to do it to others.... I find no fault in it.

If you believe that providing a service for any price and having a consumer agree to pay it is the same I stealing a widows rent money.....then I understand, now, where you are coming from. We disagree on what constitutes stealing/burglarization....therefore we will not agree on this topic.

If she believes he is batman then, to her, he is batman....and nothing you can say will negate this truth....her truth.

Ok so now you are using the term ripped off? Is this also the same as stealing and burglary? Why not just get rid of all the terms and just state the facts.

The guy asked for money to deliver items he claimed would benefit his client. The client agreed, based on pass successful claims and the exchange was made.

I am in no need of a prophet right now, but if you are good at any other service, I will consider giving you patronage.

Im all for having the Judge decide......It seems that you were passing the judgement yourself.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0