JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes!! I get "the stones" every time I get a massage. I LOVE it!! I'm glad this thread was resurrected because it reminded me to book a darn massage! We missed last month and my back is very stiff.

The favorite part of my massage is when the masseur has massaged my back and shoulders and hips with the stones for half an hour, and then she lines the stones along my spine, and covers me with a warm blanket while she massages my arms and legs. Sheer and absolute bliss. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

SearchingStudent

Apr 29, 2012
✟16,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely! I used to go once a month, religiously! I hold all my stress in my upper back and shoulders. I have a friend who is a LMT and she'll come over and work on me in exchange for dinner and/or dessert. After we move I'm going to have to find someone and start paying again :(

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've tried the massage chairs, and don't like them. They just do not feel the same.

I can agree that they definitely aren't the same. My wife's hands are small and aren't strong enough to push hard enough into the muscle of my back. If she does give me a message like this, I have to massage her hand when she is done, too. She can use something like a metal ball or one of those wooden massage pegs if I really need help, but the chair is easier. Fortunately for her, I am strong enough to massage out her muscles. I rarely ask for a massage.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟220,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had received a free massage coupon once so I used it. It was a guy. I have to admit it was nice, but a little awkward. I'm not sure if a female would be any different. Like another poster, my traps are really tight and need a chisel it seems like to loosen them up.

I've heard about the hot stones thing and I'm curious to try it sometime.

Upvote 0

Fran75

May 3, 2011
Mason Dixon line
✟8,809.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I've only had one professional massage, it was birthday gift from my husband, it was from a female and even though my husband is a jealous person in general he did not ask that it be a female vs a male but I see both sides about it being sexual vs professional. As RN were trained, not throughly of course, to massage patients I do/see some very personal things/areas as part of my every day job and there is no sexual component at all to it but I never feel comfortable giving my patients a massage. It just seems to personal I think and I rarely have the time anyway, the only time I have done it is if the pt is having spasms in a certain area like back or shoulder.

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had received a free massage coupon once so I used it. It was a guy. I have to admit it was nice, but a little awkward. I'm not sure if a female would be any different. Like another poster, my traps are really tight and need a chisel it seems like to loosen them up.

I've heard about the hot stones thing and I'm curious to try it sometime.
My h just had no qualms to say "er, no" when he saw that he was lined up with a guy to massage him. I was so embarrassed, lol. So the guy massaged me instead, and has once since, but he's not a good masseur - too "rough" for me - and I much prefer to be massaged by the woman who usually massages me now. Wow, she's good. Also, yes, not very comfortable at all with a man touching me. The stones are AWESOME. They are very hot - so if you can't stand heat, be aware of that - but the thought of having those stones on my spine is the best moment of what is a very good massage. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, I think it's a general thing with me, because when I had my nails done Tuesday, I had them done by a woman for the first time, and I much preferred that, because you know it takes over an hour, and being hand to hand, knee to knee, with a man for over an hour is a bit weird. When I said this to my coworker (who goes to the same salon) she told me that she had joked with him once that she felt like she was being unfaithful to her husband! It is very up close and personal. I will in future have the woman do my nails. ^_^

Upvote 0

makeitwork

Feb 23, 2012
✟15,461.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i would like to have acupuncture done to my lower back, but i am too chicken.

has anyone done reiki therapy? or is that consider demonic?

just getting off the subject, i had ear candling done to me. that's when a hallow candle is put in your ear, than it's lit up, meanwhile your sinus, and jaw area is being massaged, and when the candle is done you see all of this wax that came out.

my hearing is crystal clear!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
A

ace8842

This I think is one of those disputable matters. For a guy who has a sex addiction, or feels lustful feelings overwhelming him, getting a massage would be wrong from a female. As it is, I have fibromyalgia and really lack drive, including sex drive. I'm dependent upon massage just to keep going in life, and whether it is a female practitioner has little effect on me. So what might be right for one person could be wrong for another. My guess is that some clients know if they are being turned on, and if so, they should not get a professional massage. But the vast majority of people I think it is no different than going to the doctor. I'm practically falling asleep on the table, not thinking sexual thoughts about the therapist or anything else.

Upvote 0

gracefulone1980

Give thanks with a grateful heart.
Mar 13, 2011
NY
✟15,355.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I used to get them when I was in college and single. I wouldn't really feel comfortable having another man put his hands on me, professional or not. I didn't think that would even bother me, but it does. My dh does a great job giving me massages and he loves when I massage him. Good enough for us. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JRSut1000

Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I dont think its a sin to get a massage, but I think the answer to this is going to be understandably subjective depending on the type of massage (as was just mentioned by anunbeliever) and also the sexual response of the person getting the massage. Some people can get a massage and its just that - simply to help loosen them up or heal an injury. But for some people, they just cant handle a massage because it does evoke sexual response/feelings. So it depends on the person. I would prefer that ideally men massage men and women women, but that's more a personal preference.

Upvote 0