Would you date some one younger or older then you?

NoName12

Jan 6, 2006
✟288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
My older sister "was" datting a guy in his 30s, She was in her 20s. I was kinda of mad at her because I rember she would tell me that men who dated women older then them were only looking for a motherly figures or some one that would take care of them so they would not have to do any work and that they must stick to women who are there own age, and yet she get involed with a man who is ten years older then her. To tell the truth I do find older women more atractive then the ones who are my age, Dose not mean I wont go out with some one who id my age or younger(I am more looking for some one who I would get along with and so far I felt I got along better with wemon who are ether my age or older). Has any any one here dated some older or yonger then them and could tell me why I should or should not do it? As for those who have not, would you?

Sorry I cant spell.LOL

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟383,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
NoName12 said:
My older sister "was" datting a guy in his 30s, She was in her 20s. I was kinda of mad at her because I rember she would tell me that men who dated women older then them were only looking for a motherly figures or some one that would take care of them so they would not have to do any work and that they must stick to women who are there own age, and yet she get involed with a man who is ten years older then her. To tell the truth I do find older women more atractive then the ones who are my age, Dose not mean I wont go out with some one who id my age or younger(I am more looking for some one who I would get along with and so far I felt I got along better with wemon who are ether my age or older). Has any any one here dated some older or yonger then them and could tell me why I should or should not do it? As for those who have not, would you?

Sorry I cant spell.LOL
I've been on dates with women both a few years younger, and a few years older than me.

Much like you, when I was your age, I was mainly attracted to (slightly) older women. It had nothing to do with looking for a mother figure. They just seemed more wise and low-key about things. When I was 20, most of the girls my own age where too flighty and trendy for me. The mid-20s is where it was at.

I did date one girl that was about two years younger than me (I was 18, and she was 16), but she seemed to be an exception for her age. It wasn't that she was particularly spiritually mature or anything, just that she was more perceptive and aware about things outside of what was common for her age group. I've always been a bit outside of the mainstream, so that kind of thing was (and still is) important to me.

Upvote 0

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is one of those ultimate "it depends" questions. A lot depends on the age and maturity level of both parties, as well as the relative age difference.

As I mentioned in this thread, my grandmother married a much younger man and was very happy. They went off to live in Africa for several years and had a great time having adventures. People often thought my grandmother was the younger one, actually -- she was a beautiful woman. But part of the thing there was that we weren't talking about teenagers here... I don't remember the exact age difference, but it was probably 10 years or so; the difference between 52 and 62 isn't nearly as big as the difference between 12 and 22, you know?

I think it's possible for some people to look for a parental figure, or for someone they can parent. That's clearly not good. But if for whatever reason people are at the same place in life but not in chronological age, I don't think it's a big deal, as long as the people involved aren't weirded out by it.

For me personally, it's hard to say exactly. At the age of 30, I figure a few years either way is no big deal. But if it gets to someone who is of a whole different generation, then I'm not so comfortable with it. I know it's possible for people to find love that way, but I wouldn't picture it happening for me.

Either way, I'm not going to condemn someone else for their choices... I've seen some age differences and/or other relationship dynamics that I wouldn't prefer for myself, but they seem to work for the people involved, and I can respect that.

Upvote 0

HolyOne87

Call Me A Sinner, Call Me A Saint..
Jun 2, 2006
✟18,539.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
NoName12 said:

Sorry I cant spell.LOL

I agree with Macrina..it depends. At first, I said, "I will only date older guys"..But then, I gave an exception to this one guy, who was a year and a half younger than me. I gave it a chance, and it didnt work out..the outcome was the worst(lots of cheating and lying)! So, I am somewhat restricting myself to older males now, but if i find a great guy who is a year younger than I, I will give them a chance. I am not going to judge the general population of males younger than I because I had one bad relationship. Everyone is different.
But, as said, it depends on how you are and how that person is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
intricatic said:
Actually, from a highly precise mathematical system that I've developed, I've determined the exact age limitations for those people whom I can date, either above or below my age, to the hour.

Do share your amazing system with us. :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

intricatic

...a dinosaur... or something...
Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Macrina said:
Do share your amazing system with us. :p
Well, it would take too long to extrapolate into a functional explanation, and it would be so complex as to perhaps make people's eyes disintegrate with the sheer mathematical formulation, but the simple version is that I contrast their age with three hundred different criteria for examination based on my own age, and then I put them in those little plastic Easter-Egg shells and juggle them for half an hour, and the first one to drop onto the ground is the precise age limitation +/- my age. Then I repeate the process with the alternating side of the equation.

I have figured that I can date women who are +3 minutes exactly from me, and -12 hours exactly from me. :cool:

Upvote 0

sherri

Mar 20, 2004
✟10,937.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
intricatic said:
Well, it would take too long to extrapolate into a functional explanation, and it would be so complex as to perhaps make people's eyes disintegrate with the sheer mathematical formulation, but the simple version is that I contrast their age with three hundred different criteria for examination based on my own age, and then I put them in those little plastic Easter-Egg shells and juggle them for half an hour, and the first one to drop onto the ground is the precise age limitation +/- my age. Then I repeate the process with the alternating side of the equation.

I have figured that I can date women who are +3 minutes exactly from me, and -12 hours exactly from me. :cool:

lol

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'd have no problem with dating an older guy, well I suppose that would depend on how much older. If he's old enough to be my father then no ;) :p

I probably wouldn't date a younger guy though just because they're usually not that mature. I suppose if I met some guy who was a real exception to that rule I might reconsider though

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
intricatic said:

^_^

Upvote 0