✟25,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Hello,

I pray you are well. I am looking for a pastor, or someone extremely knowledgeable and filled with God’s Grace, who can assist me. I feel well on the path of righteousness, but something occurred about 1.5 years ago that has been a thorn in my side. The fear arises from this thorn every now and again, and I think it would be of great value to have another brother in Christ to communicate with and just talk thoughts and scripture, to remind me of God’s Word on occasion. I will state in advance I do have OCD, but rest assured I don’t plan to bring that up frequently.

If you’d like to communicate, please just let me know by sending me a personal message.

Your brother in Christ,
Tyler

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Take those thoughts captive as in 2Cor 10:3-5. I have a lot of experiences in my past the make me feel bad when I think of them. Just the way my mind works. It doesn’t sound terribly serious. Personally I take them captive. It shortens the time they are in my consciousness. Then they wane and are gone. To me it’s just a part of life and daily coping. I had a guy listen to me for months when I was working. Helped immensely. But I’m not a pastor. I don’t know all the answers just this one thing from the lord that has also helped immensely.

it puts it in your power to help yourself, with Gods help of course. Seek him early about taking thoughts captive…
Do you have fear and guilt?

Upvote 0

joymercy

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
study
✟251,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Hello,

I pray you are well. I am looking for a pastor, or someone extremely knowledgeable and filled with God’s Grace, who can assist me. I feel well on the path of righteousness, but something occurred about 1.5 years ago that has been a thorn in my side. The fear arises from this thorn every now and again, and I think it would be of great value to have another brother in Christ to communicate with and just talk thoughts and scripture, to remind me of God’s Word on occasion. I will state in advance I do have OCD, but rest assured I don’t plan to bring that up frequently.

If you’d like to communicate, please just let me know by sending me a personal message.

Your brother in Christ,
Tyler
Ask a Chaplain - Private Area

Upvote 0

Tyler35

Feb 24, 2023
Denver
✟25,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Paul says "I am the chief of sinners" to Timothy - in fact Paul worked to get Christians killed at one point in his life as "Saul". God's love and forgiveness is without measure.
This is the sort of thing I’m actually looking for and hoping to discuss. For instance this verse… I see Paul meaning 1 of 3 things with the same outcome.
1. Paul really was the worst sinner ever (strong evidence for this)
2. Paul thought he was the worst sinner ever
3. Paul said this to make a point.

This all leads to Paul saying literally anybody can come to God and receive forgiveness, for literally anything they have ever done. Yes?

I get there is an unforgivable sin, but no matter what view someone has of the unpardonable sin (there are many different interpretations) the verse you quoted shows that the outcome of the unforgivable sin would be that one would never believe in Christ. Is this accurate?

I’ve essentially overcome my fear of the unpardonable sin, but I get these worries sometimes still and since there are so many interpretations of what it is, I am using other Bible verses to assemble who could not possibly have committed it. Does that make sense?
All in all I am building my armor in God’s Word and Spirit, to boost confidence.

I am hoping to find someone to discuss other verses with.

Upvote 0

Tyler35

Feb 24, 2023
Denver
✟25,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Tyler- I strongly advise you to trust in God's infinite love and mercy for you and not worry about any past sins that you have repented of. The old has passed away- the new has come!
Thank you brother

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

Tyler35

Feb 24, 2023
Denver
✟25,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Take those thoughts captive as in 2Cor 10:3-5. I have a lot of experiences in my past the make me feel bad when I think of them. Just the way my mind works. It doesn’t sound terribly serious. Personally I take them captive. It shortens the time they are in my consciousness. Then they wane and are gone. To me it’s just a part of life and daily coping. I had a guy listen to me for months when I was working. Helped immensely. But I’m not a pastor. I don’t know all the answers just this one thing from the lord that has also helped immensely.

it puts it in your power to help yourself, with Gods help of course. Seek him early about taking thoughts captive…
Do you have fear and guilt?
I do have fear and guilt yes. To be honest, I think God has used this for discipline, for every time it comes back I dive deeper into the Word, pray more, and when I’m not focused on my worries I bear more fruit. I guess I don’t really need a pastor, just another brother or sister to go over verses with to help build my armor in the Word. I posted a reply to a response in this thread that explains my situation more. Not sure if you’re game to cover some verses with me, help me think out loud, etc

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do have fear and guilt yes. To be honest, I think God has used this for discipline, for every time it comes back I dive deeper into the Word, pray more, and when I’m not focused on my worries I bear more fruit. I guess I don’t really need a pastor, just another brother or sister to go over verses with to help build my armor in the Word. I posted a reply to a response in this thread that explains my situation more. Not sure if you’re game to cover some verses with me, help me think out loud, etc

im prayin about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A wise man knows what he is getting into. Ecc 8. I think you do need a pastor or the chaplain here. I don’t think I have any scriptures for you to strengthen your armor. I don’t think you are going to keep every fiery dart out from your body , so it’s not realistic. I have dealt with all my thoughts by taking them captive and reciting scripture and it still gets out of hand. I think you are only going to accomplish this by vigilance in taking thoughts captive. I you hit the books every time your thoughts stray to this particular incident then that’s a good thing. Branch out into other areas of growth and distract yourself. Be circumspect. Be complete as you can be. But you have an affliction, I have an affliction. Deal with it. Don’t be completely self centered, it may not get fixed. You want to grow your faith and hope, your preparation, your truth, admirable. But I don’t think I can help you more than this. You should be in a service twice a week with good preaching. You should be serving the Lord. Then you wouldn’t have so much time for this. Experience is the best teacher……….

Upvote 0

Tyler35

Feb 24, 2023
Denver
✟25,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
A wise man knows what he is getting into. Ecc 8. I think you do need a pastor or the chaplain here. I don’t think I have any scriptures for you to strengthen your armor. I don’t think you are going to keep every fiery dart out from your body , so it’s not realistic. I have dealt with all my thoughts by taking them captive and reciting scripture and it still gets out of hand. I think you are only going to accomplish this by vigilance in taking thoughts captive. I you hit the books every time your thoughts stray to this particular incident then that’s a good thing. Branch out into other areas of growth and distract yourself. Be circumspect. Be complete as you can be. But you have an affliction, I have an affliction. Deal with it. Don’t be completely self centered, it may not get fixed. You want to grow your faith and hope, your preparation, your truth, admirable. But I don’t think I can help you more than this. You should be in a service twice a week with good preaching. You should be serving the Lord. Then you wouldn’t have so much time for this. Experience is the best teacher……….
Thanks brother. You really hit the nail on the head when you said not to be self centered. I came to that realization awhile ago and started doing more service work. I’ve found a site to purchase inexpensive big New Testament Bibles and I hand them out to the homeless from my car mostly. Every time I do I feel the Holy Spirit working in me; it’s quite amazing cause one, someone else is getting access to God’s Word and then two, I can see that I am bearing good fruit, which is impossible for one to do without God’s Spirit. When I get into a state of fear, it is ALWAYS during times where I am only thinking about my self.

This is the conversation I’ve needed, and didn’t even know it since when I wrote my initial post I was in more of a state of panic. God is doing work in your life brother, and you are bearing fruit by helping me. God Bless You!

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
your relationship,too, is so important. You can depend on Him. God has helped me so much. It’s all of Him and not my discipline. He has taken away delusions and showed I should fight and have found very much freedom from it all. He has forgiven me over and over and all my accomplishments are because of his goodness. He understands and no one else does. His anti fear scriptures are alive and have helped to over come and keep going. I am not there but keep going toward the prize of the high calling Of God in Christ.

That is about the best I can do. Many blessings to you in Christ. God is good, I am not. But He loves us so much, so stay close to Jesus, and bring it all to Him and His word. That’s where your best help will be.
Many blessing to you and yours.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Home groups can be good. And talk about other people's issues and not only your own. And what works for other people's troubles can be similar to what you need to do.

I mean Biblical general things God has us all doing . . .

Forgiving

Prayer for others

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

Reactions: Tyler35
Upvote 0

Tyler35

Feb 24, 2023
Denver
✟25,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Home groups can be good. And talk about other people's issues and not only your own. And what works for other people's troubles can be similar to what you need to do.

I mean Biblical general things God has us all doing . . .

Forgiving

Prayer for others

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)
Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is the sort of thing I’m actually looking for and hoping to discuss. For instance this verse… I see Paul meaning 1 of 3 things with the same outcome.
1. Paul really was the worst sinner ever (strong evidence for this)
2. Paul thought he was the worst sinner ever
3. Paul said this to make a point.

This all leads to Paul saying literally anybody can come to God and receive forgiveness, for literally anything they have ever done. Yes?

I get there is an unforgivable sin, but no matter what view someone has of the unpardonable sin (there are many different interpretations) the verse you quoted shows that the outcome of the unforgivable sin would be that one would never believe in Christ. Is this accurate?

I’ve essentially overcome my fear of the unpardonable sin, but I get these worries sometimes still and since there are so many interpretations of what it is, I am using other Bible verses to assemble who could not possibly have committed it. Does that make sense?
All in all I am building my armor in God’s Word and Spirit, to boost confidence.

I am hoping to find someone to discuss other verses with.

I am of the belief there is only one unforgivable sin - and that is to deny Christ.

And I'm not talking about denying His existence, Im literally talking about failing to believe in Christ unto salvation (a deep connotation, not potentially a linguistic misunderstanding) before the expiry of one's life.

Christ is the measure, we fail every other. We either are "covered in Christ's blood", or we are eternally lost.

Welcome to CF.. I'm your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I get into a state of fear, it is ALWAYS during times where I am only thinking about my self.
And fear can have us thinking of wrong ways of handling things.

But with God in His love we have His almighty immunity against fear >

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear Involves torment." (1 John 4:18)

"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)

In submission to God, we have Him personally ruling us in His own peace > we are commanded to submit to how our Father personally rules us in His own peace >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

We can trust God to do this in us. He wants this for all of us "in one body". And in the ruling of God Himself in His peace, He shares with us His creativity for how to love each and every person . . . not only how to take care of our own selves.

Upvote 0