✟11,783.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

So topic of discussion, why doesn't God communicate to humans directly more, like how we are doing now, but in text. Direct communication is two way, like how humans communicate with eachother via text, video call or in person. Yes sometimes God does do this, think of God talking to Moses, Abraham etc.

If God would talk more directly to us humans I think there would be no confusion in the churches, this the reason why we have different denominations, each denomination thinks they are right. But if God called all denominations together and talks to all of them like in a press conference there would be only one denomination. When Jesus returns he propably will hold a press conference for all to see, all confusion will be solved. You either obey Jesus or you dont obey him. Jesus has spoken so no one can really disagree with him.

They say we should fellowship more, but honestly I have done some fellowship, it seems everyone seems confused, I understand, they themselves are not hearing from God directly, it seems they are only seem to be guessing what God's want specifically. People disagreeing with eachother because they have their interpretation of bible verses.

In the time of Moses, God told Moses, Moses told the people, no one dared to question whether the message Moses gave was from God or not. It was obey or disobey, disobey and judgement came rather quickly sometimes. But then again why didnt God just broadcast the message to every people in Moses time, then Moses didnt have to tell them himself. Why didnt GOd just broadcast the message to the people, God seems to work like this in old testament, God tells prophets, prophets tell people. Question, in old testament time, how did the people know the prophet is a real prophet ? ok some like Elijah, Daniel, it is clear, I mean the guy did miracles, but some it seems are not so clear like Isiah Jermiah, what miracles did he do ? Nowadays people are abusing this, claiming to be so called prophets and controlling people.

My opinion it seems pastors nowadays, they themselves are just guessing what God want, by reading the bible and giving their own interpretation, or the interpreation taught by the denomination they are in. Only confusion in my opinion.

My solution for now, I am just using my common sense, ain't gonna listen to no pastor if I am in doubt, God has to tell me directly or I won't listen, thing is I have enough stuff to do in life, like making some money in a honest way offcourse, developing some new skill etc. For now I do support the church financially, I do not tithe, I give what I am willing to give and reasonable amount of money. The reason I don't tithe, is because I believe it is old convenant, ok you see even the subject of tithing there are different interpretations.

Even the organisational structure of the church their is disagreement, some say there must be an elder board that votes, some churches has only one pastor at the top who decides everything, I think the apostolic movement have this. Then u have churches that have financial transparacy, yearly annual reporting, some churches dont have this etc.

Because God isnt communicating directly to each member of the church, some leaders of the churches are abusing this, they say something like this, I am the prophet, so listen to me ! and they are using the church members to become rich, the members give tithes to the churches, some leaders live in mega mansion, while the members are struggling to make ends meet, giving their money to the churches.

Conclusion only confusion in the churches in my opinion.

Br,

Last edited:

One God and Father of All

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

So topic of discussion, why doesn't God communicate to humans directly more, like how we are doing now, but in text. Direct communication is two way, like how humans communicate with eachother via text, video call or in person. Yes sometimes God does do this, think of God talking to Moses, Abraham etc.

If God would talk more directly to us humans I think there would be no confusion in the churches, this the reason why we have different denominations, each denomination thinks they are right. But if God called all denominations together and talks to all of them like in a press conference there would be only one denomination. When Jesus returns he propably will hold a press conference for all to see, all confusion will be solved. You either obey Jesus or you dont obey him. Jesus has spoken so no one can really disagree with him.

They say we should fellowship more, but honestly I have done some fellowship, it seems everyone seems confused, I understand, they themselves are not hearing from God directly, it seems they are only seem to be guessing what God's want specifically. People disagreeing with eachother because they have their interpretation of bible verses.

In the time of Moses, God told Moses, Moses told the people, no one dared to question whether the message Moses gave was from God or not. It was obey or disobey, disobey and judgement came rather quickly sometimes. But then again why didnt God just broadcast the message to every people in Moses time, then Moses didnt have to tell them himself. Why didnt GOd just broadcast the message to the people, God seems to work like this in old testament, God tells prophets, prophets tell people. Nowadays people are abusing this, claiming to be so called prophets and controlling people.

My opinion it seems pastors nowadays, they themselves are just guessing what God want, by reading the bible and giving their own interpretation, or the interpreation taught by the denomination they are in. Only confusion in my opinion.

My solution for now, I am just using my common sense, ain't gonna listen to no pastor if I am in doubt, God has to tell me directly or I won't listen, thing is I have enough stuff to do in life, like making some money in a honest way offcourse, developing some new skill etc. For now I do support the church financially, I do not tithe, I give what I am willing to give and reasonable amount of money. The reason I don't tithe, is because I believe it is old convenant, ok you see even the subject of tithing there are different interpretations.

Even the organisational structure of the church their is disagreement, some say there must be an elder board that votes, some churches has only one pastor at the top who decides everything, I think the apostolic movement have this. Then u have churches that have financial transparacy, yearly annual reporting, some churches dont have this etc.

Because God isnt communicating directly to each member of the church, some leaders of the churches are abusing this, they say something like this, I am the prophet, so listen to me ! and they are using the church members to become rich, the members give tithes to the churches, some leaders live in mega mansion, while the members are struggling to make ends meet, giving their money to the churches.

Br,
Some say that God directly gives you faith which causes you to believe the gospel and be saved.
Others say that If you believe, your belief will lead to faith and salvation.

I go with the idea that Abraham believed God, and then his faith was imputed to him as righteousness.

Upvote 0

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟11,783.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some say that God directly gives you faith which causes you to believe the gospel and be saved.
Others say that If you believe, your belief will lead to faith and salvation.

I go with the idea that Abraham believed God, and then his faith was imputed to him as righteousness.
God talked to Abraham directly, nowadays it seems God doesn't do this so often or maybe for specific person, idk, thing we will not know because God only told the other person and not you, you got to believe the other person, so some people abuse this. I mean imagine you meet Abraham and he tells you what God told him, will you believe him ? God hasn't told you directly.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

So topic of discussion, why doesn't God communicate to humans directly more, like how we are doing now, but in text. Direct communication is two way, like how humans communicate with each other via text, video call or in person. Yes sometimes God does do this, think of God talking to Moses, Abraham etc.
When God communicates directly - man is held to a much higher level of accountability - could be life threatening for the human who fails to fully appreciate the risk of such a thing.

God says that if a man in rebellion comes directly into His presence with his rebellion - he will get a direct response from God - just like Ananias and Sapphira did when they entered into the direct presence of a church Apostle. They did not get killed when they sold the property or planned the deception ... they only get killed when they come directly into God's presence with that sin

Humans are held accountable according to their level of access - and knowledge as Luke 12 says.

Upvote 0

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God talked to Abraham directly, nowadays it seems God doesn't do this so often or maybe for specific person, idk, thing we will not know because God only told the other person and not you, you got to believe the other person, so some people abuse this.
God talked to him, but God didn’t give him faith directly. Abraham first believed what God had told him. And his belief caused him to offer up his son, which showed his faith.

Upvote 0

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟11,783.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God talked to him, but God didn’t give him faith directly. Abraham first believed what God had told him. And his belief caused him to offer up his son, which showed his faith.
God talked to Abraham, when God talks to you directly you better listen and obey. As u know God rarely talks to people directly it seems ? well not to me, never experienced this.

Upvote 0

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God talked to Abraham, when God talks to you directly you better listen and obey. As u know God rarely talks to people directly it seems ? well not to me, never experienced this.
I’ve never experienced God speaking directly to me either.I don’t find it necessary because I believe the Bible contains all God wants me to know. That’s why I’ve made it a point to try to have a correct understanding of what He wants me to know.

Upvote 0

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟11,783.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
just update the OP post, Question, in old testament time, how did the people know the prophet is a real prophet ? ok some like Elijah, Daniel, it is clear, I mean the guy did miracles, but some it seems are not so clear like Isiah Jermiah, what miracles did he do ?

Upvote 0

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
just update the OP post, Question, in old testament time, how did the people know the prophet is a real prophet ? ok some like Elijah, Daniel, it is clear, I mean the guy did miracles, but some it seems are not so clear like Isiah Jermiah, what miracles did he do ?
“If you don’t learn from the past you’re bound to repeat it” or “if you don’t remember the past….”
”remember I had told you”. If you do this, then that will happen.

it would seem reasonable to expect the same results

Upvote 0

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟11,783.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
“If you don’t learn from the past you’re bound to repeat it” or “if you don’t remember the past….”
”remember I had told you”. If you do this, then that will happen.

it would seem reasonable to expect the same results
Studying history is a way of gaining wisdom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟26,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

In the time of Moses, God told Moses, Moses told the people, no one dared to question whether the message Moses gave was from God or not. It was obey or disobey, disobey and judgement came rather quickly sometimes. But then again why didnt God just broadcast the message to every people in Moses time, then Moses didnt have to tell them himself. Why didnt GOd just broadcast the message to the people, God seems to work like this in old testament, God tells prophets, prophets tell people. Question, in old testament time, how did the people know the prophet is a real prophet ? ok some like Elijah, Daniel, it is clear, I mean the guy did miracles, but some it seems are not so clear like Isiah Jermiah, what miracles did he do ? Nowadays people are abusing this, claiming to be so called prophets and controlling people.

Br,
2 Corinthians 5:16-21 NIV

"So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi,

Br,
'Direct communication', as you seem to define it here, is not how God best forms us into who he planned for us to be in Heaven. We don't get to know him through sight nor human words we can understand, but by the Word of God, and by the faith that God has given, and by pursuit of Christ, and by the frustration and pain and joy of this temporal vapor of existence.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Br,
He did give us direct access. His Holy Spirit, Comforter and Helper.

Jesus answered and said unto him, "If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our home with him."

Those who walk in His Spirit daily know this very well. Ask Him today to fill you.

Here are many more verses....

Be blessed.

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi,

Br,

Mainly because people are treacherous to each other and God chooses to remain perfectly Hidden.

Upvote 0

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟26,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mainly because people are treacherous to each other and God chooses to remain perfectly Hidden.
Romans 1:18-20 NIV

"The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse."

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi,

Br,
It is true all the churches are in a state of apostasy ... it is true there are many false teachings happening .... through deception. This is why people should study His Word for themselves ... if a person chooses to attend earthly church ... they should diligently check those teaching to see if they fully align with the Word of God.

Gods true church are those who follow his teachings ... we all pursue that ... they Holy Spirit is our teacher
John 14:26

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Also the Word of God is implanted in the heart and only God knows the heart .... so that don't necessarily mean one is required to participate in a earthly church system. God calls believers to meet together for encouragement and that should be provided through the church setting ... part of the encouragement is for them to get the gospel out to others.

Even Gentiles, who do not have God's written law, show that they know his law when they instinctively obey it, even without having heard it. They demonstrate that God's law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right.

Romans 2

…13For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but it is the doers of the law who will be declared righteous. 14Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15So they show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts either accusing or defending them…

Anyone can have and nurture a personal relationship with the Lord and that does not require church attendance, but some find comfort and encouragement through attending church and there is nothing wrong with that as well.

Most people who attend church understand this ... I think... The churches are made up with imperfect people.

Ultimately it's about the heart/mind and only God knows the heart/mind and He does this whether one attends church or not.

Jeremiah 17:10 New International Version (NIV)

“I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward each person according to their conduct, according to what their deeds deserve.”

Upvote 0