Would Judas have been lost, if he hadn't been lost...?

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Evil entered the picture when Lucifer, not having a "tempter" sinned, seeking to be as the Most High God. He then became Satan, God's adversary.

Sin then entered the Garden of Eden through Satan, who tempted Adam and Eve, and they sinned, listening to Satan who in essence. called God a "liar". By going along with Satan, Adam and Eve were agreeing that God was a "liar". (This is an entire study in itself).

Thus sin, condemnation, and the curse of death commenced. God however, spoke of a Redeemer, from the seed of the woman, Who would crush Satan's head.

God does not lie. Isaiah 55:11 So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

James 1:13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when by his own evil desires he is lured away and enticed. 15 Then after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is fully grown, it gives birth to death.

Which is what happened in the garden at the tree...and Adam heard God's voice outside of himself for the very first time...And that which is being restored/reconciled...by faith, the end of which brings us back to the beginning...

But I have this against you: You have abandoned your first love. Therefore, keep in mind how far you have fallen. Repent and perform the deeds you did at first.

The duality/battle within that Paul speaks about in Romans 7, while telling us In Corinthians The spiritual man judges all things, but he himself is not subject to anyone’s judgment. For who has known the mind of the Lord, so as to instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

Jesus said, All things have been entrusted to Me by My Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him.

On this revealing of HIM, Paul says, "But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by His grace, was pleased to reveal His Son in me..."

• Friendly
Reactions: mozo41
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
God does not lie. Isaiah 55:11 So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

James 1:13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when by his own evil desires he is lured away and enticed. 15 Then after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is fully grown, it gives birth to death.

Which is what happened in the garden at the tree...and Adam heard God's voice outside of himself for the very first time...And that which is being restored/reconciled...by faith, the end of which brings us back to the beginning...

But I have this against you: You have abandoned your first love. Therefore, keep in mind how far you have fallen. Repent and perform the deeds you did at first.

The duality/battle within that Paul speaks about in Romans 7, while telling us In Corinthians The spiritual man judges all things, but he himself is not subject to anyone’s judgment. For who has known the mind of the Lord, so as to instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

Jesus said, All things have been entrusted to Me by My Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him.

On this revealing of HIM, Paul says, "But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by His grace, was pleased to reveal His Son in me..."

This makes no sense.

How does this even tie in to my post which you quoted?

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This makes no sense.

Evil entered the picture when Lucifer, not having a "tempter" sinned, seeking to be as the Most High God. He then became Satan, God's adversary.

Sin then entered the Garden of Eden through Satan, who tempted Adam and Eve, and they sinned, listening to Satan who in essence. called God a "liar". By going along with Satan, Adam and Eve were agreeing that God was a "liar". (This is an entire study in itself).

Thus sin, condemnation, and the curse of death commenced. God however, spoke of a Redeemer, from the seed of the woman, Who would crush Satan's head.

Yes, i agree....we don't want to be calling God a liar,

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This makes no sense.

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The duality within of Romans 7, etc...all began in the garden...the scriptures I shared all speak to this...and the reconciliation...all God's Word speaks to HIS purpose He purposed in Himself from the beginning...all inner truth of spirit

• Agree
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The duality within of Romans 7, etc...all began in the garden...the scriptures I shared all speak to this...and the reconciliation...all God's Word speaks to HIS purpose He purposed in Himself from the beginning...all inner truth of spirit

This makes no sense.

Just as a side note:

God is not the Author of confusion.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ummmmmm.....in post #43, you posted three quotes from what i posted.

Ok.

Is there a reason for that?
Yes. What you had written and my reply...I had left out one of your quotes...and how it fit.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

RevCharlesG

Dec 16, 2017
Lansing
✟9,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Separated
No, I have not said what you think. The whole of scripture speaks the truth...Matthew 26 speaks deeply of this truth...the last verse about Peter goes along with Matthew 26 and the overall picture of truth Jesus is speaking...nothing directed toward you. I have no sword to wield.

God is God of all, fills all in all...even if we cannot 'see'...why do you suppose Jesus said those words to Peter when He knew what Peter was about to do, and yet said to Judas (who He knew what he was about to do) "What you do, do quickly"?
I find the story of Judas a beautiful one, I fully believe that there was redemption in his betrayal. Yes judas continued to make mistakes after coming to the truth and yes he betrayed Christ. however after realizing what he had done, he went to repent and return the money and recant. and when it was told to him it was too late he was tormented and driven to a point where he was not in his right and stable mind, for he knew what he had just done. and judas knowing the law and being who he was, offered his own life to God as repentance for killing the Messiah. nobody can ever know 100% the outcome of Judas after death but I really hope and pray that ill see him one day around the mercy seat. when I look at judas I choose to look at grace and love, and hopefully redemption. because if there was no redemption for him then I feel there is no redemption for me.

Upvote 0

mozo41

Jun 6, 2017
london
✟50,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This makes no sense.

Just as a side note:

no,but man is ...

And He was saying to them, "Take heed what you hear. With what measure you measure it will be measured to you, and more will be added to you.

• Agree
Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I find the story of Judas a beautiful one, I fully believe that there was redemption in his betrayal. Yes judas continued to make mistakes after coming to the truth and yes he betrayed Christ. however after realizing what he had done, he went to repent and return the money and recant. and when it was told to him it was too late he was tormented and driven to a point where he was not in his right and stable mind, for he knew what he had just done. and judas knowing the law and being who he was, offered his own life to God as repentance for killing the Messiah. nobody can ever know 100% the outcome of Judas after death but I really hope and pray that ill see him one day around the mercy seat. when I look at judas I choose to look at grace and love, and hopefully redemption. because if there was no redemption for him then I feel there is no redemption for me.

Are you saying that Judas was his own Savior?

Do you see a problem with that?

Whose blood was acceptable to the living God?

in rejecting God's only begotten Son, (Who God sent to shed His blood for all who accepted Him as Savior), this PLEASED God?

Please elaborate and point out where it is written in God's Word that this pleased, and was acceptable to God, Rev.

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes. What you had written and my reply...I had left out one of your quotes...and how it fit.

I don't mean no harm, but this makes no sense.

I'll leave you to whatever it means, to you.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This makes no sense.

Just as a side note:

No He is not. An amazing plan HE purposed in Himself from the very beginning...before there was even a garden or a tree. Even before His very first Word, when He called the Light out darkness.

The law of our mother (at the tree) without the commandment of our father (Genesis 2:16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat) leads to a needful confusion.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Who is confused?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
No He is not. An amazing plan HE purposed in Himself from the very beginning...before there was even a garden or a tree. Even before His very first Word, when He called the Light out darkness.

The law of our mother (at the tree) without the commandment of our father (Genesis 2:16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat) leads to a needful confusion.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Who is confused?
Who is confused?

What you posted?

I'll leave you to it.

Peace, sister.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What you posted?

I'll leave you to it.

Peace, sister.
Do you think God had a plan from the very beginning? Why do you supposed Jesus Christ was the Alpha and Omega/First and Last Adam/The Beginning and The End? Do you believe that everything there is comes from God (as John 1 says)?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Do you think God had a plan from the very beginning? Why do you supposed Jesus Christ was the Alpha and Omega/First and Last Adam/The Beginning and The End? Do you believe that everything there is comes from God (as John 1 says)?

Did you even read my posts?

We're done.

Peace, sister.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

To which I replied, addressing (your post about God not being a liar, left out in error) and what happened in the garden being the same as James states in the noted scripture below.

The whole thing at the tree in the garden set the ball rolling for our soul journey...lost until we be found (again) and the battle that ensues that Paul succinctly speaks to in Romans 7...the duality within...and yet Paul says we have the mind of Christ. The battle is between the mind of man and the mind of Christ within...

The emboldened scripture about 'keep in mind how far you have fallen' is from Revelation and speaks back to what happened in the garden...banished from Paradise after eating...the eyesight change...things were different before the fall...

This makes no sense.

All addressing what happened in the garden and the reconciling/restoring taking place...The scriptures that followed are speaking to the process taking place within our very being...to reconcile us back to the relationship with God before the eating at the tree...and becoming single of eye, again...

God is not the author of confusion, agree with all my heart.

Who is confused?

Isaiah 6...to 'see' that is amazing...God's glory fills the whole earth...there is nothing that exists that did not come from HIM. In the beginning there was only God...the earth dark and without form...HIS spirit hovered over the deep...that is our beginning...for a time we measure and divide until the truth narrows down to the ONE there has only ever been...

• Friendly
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
To which I replied, addressing (your post about God not being a liar, left out in error) and what happened in the garden being the same as James states in the noted scripture below.

The whole thing at the tree in the garden set the ball rolling for our soul journey...lost until we be found (again) and the battle that ensues that Paul succinctly speaks to in Romans 7...the duality within...and yet Paul says we have the mind of Christ. The battle is between the mind of man and the mind of Christ within...

The emboldened scripture about 'keep in mind how far you have fallen' is from Revelation and speaks back to what happened in the garden...banished from Paradise after eating...the eyesight change...things were different before the fall...

All addressing what happened in the garden and the reconciling/restoring taking place...The scriptures that followed are speaking to the process taking place within our very being...to reconcile us back to the relationship with God before the eating at the tree...and becoming single of eye, again...

God is not the author of confusion, agree with all my heart.

Isaiah 6...to 'see' that is amazing...God's glory fills the whole earth...there is nothing that exists that did not come from HIM. In the beginning there was only God...the earth dark and without form...HIS spirit hovered over the deep...that is our beginning...for a time we measure and divide until the truth narrows down to the ONE there has only ever been...

i don't mean no harm, but there's no need to post anything further directed to me.

We're done.

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Would Judas have been lost, if he had not been lost, or have killed himself...?

What would he have been had he not chosen to kill himself...?

Could he have been a very powerful witness for Christ...?

Comments...?

God Bless!
Peter denied the Lord and he humbled Himself and the risen Jesus restored him. If Judas had done the same and prayed Psalm 51, the risen Lord would have restored him too.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

RevCharlesG

Dec 16, 2017
Lansing
✟9,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Separated
Are you saying that Judas was his own Savior?

Do you see a problem with that?

Whose blood was acceptable to the living God?

in rejecting God's only begotten Son, (Who God sent to shed His blood for all who accepted Him as Savior), this PLEASED God?

Please elaborate and point out where it is written in God's Word that this pleased, and was acceptable to God, Rev.

Thank you kindly.
not at all am I saying that he was his own savior.

I am simply stating that he offered his own life as repentance for what he had done, like I said there is no complete hard proof for this, however I choose to believe that God was looking at his heart and honored that repentance. just like before Christ they offered burn offerings for repentance of sins.

nobody can know for sure his heart but because of the nature of God and being a just and forgiving God I really hope and pray that Judas had repentance in his heart when he took his own life.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
not at all am I saying that he was his own savior.

I am simply stating that he offered his own life as repentance for what he had done, like I said there is no complete hard proof for this, however I choose to believe that God was looking at his heart and honored that repentance. just like before Christ they offered burn offerings for repentance of sins.

nobody can know for sure his heart but because of the nature of God and being a just and forgiving God I really hope and pray that Judas had repentance in his heart when he took his own life.
there is no complete hard proof for this

You are correct.

The Bible and what is written in God's word is the complete antithesis to anything you have posted on this thread.

To claim that anyone can be accepted by the living God other than by the Savior's blood and sacrifice is heresy.

It is also against the TOS of this site.

Upvote 0